Forza Motorsport

Brannen

Re: Forza Motorsport

Post by Brannen »

I downloaded it via Game Pass to have a quick go. Played about an hour and got bored. It's not really moved on from FM7 in my opinion and made some odd choices around progression.

It's been 6 years since FM7 was released, so no idea how this one could have been rushed out, but I know it's been delayed once this year, and was possibly delayed from last year.

I saw a video yesterday where the guy just left a car to lap Le Mann on essentially auto pilot for a couple of hours to level the car up before going back to online racing, because you can't compete unless your car is fully ranked.

I've gone back to unlocking the weekly released new cars on Horizon for the moment. Maybe in a couple of releases time it might be worth another go, but not sure I'm that bothered as it stands.
scotta

Post by scotta »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:47 pm The more I play the more I realise it’s a bit shit. Yes I know this is me being a moany old man, but given how long it’s taken to come out it’s pretty disappointing.

They say it’s a ground up build, I’m no expert but that smells like bullshit! So many of the car models are clearly carried over, some from the 360 games, they may have rebuilt the tracks with new scenery and changed the profile of some curbs, but they’re still way too similar to the old versions to have been worth making again from scratch.

A lot of the menus are uglier, the low res terrible quality pictures on the car select screen, what on earth is that all about? Most of the cars have black headlights!? ( it’s not just a pic thing either, they look the same on vids I’ve seen on Xbox ) why can’t you rotate the car models in the tuning screens? You choose wheels and see a really poorly lit side on view of one, in the old one you could see the whole car and spin it around, same with the body modifications.

The car paint selections are exactly the same as before, just basic colours then the same selection of ‘specials’ I’m sure in some of the old 360 versions you could choose a solid or metallic colour.

Ai is pretty poor. You can crank up the difficulty to make it challenging, but they still do very strange things when you’re close by or near to each other and will often brake right on the apex of a fast corner for no reason.

I don’t know, it’s all a bit half arsed and rushed. The car list is odd too. Given how many cars there already are in the Forza library what you get and what’s left out doesn’t make much sense. Alfa Romeo - the only car is a giulietta. None of the classics, none of the race cars, no M3 rivalling Giulia, just a 2010s Guilietta hatchback. No lancia either, so no stratos, o37 or integrale. The series loves its 80s silhouette racers so why no montecarlo turbo?

In career mode there aren’t even any races where you use an actual race car! It’s Forza Motorsport not Forza trackday sim!

All in all, some very strange decisions.
The shit wheel config out of the box is unforgivable imo. Massive understeer bias on all of the default setups is further annoying. The Honda touring car for example is just fucking shit in base setup. Its blindingly obvious they just wanted folk to play on controller.

Other omissions imo. Lack of car features.
Cant control the wipers.
Cant flash the headlights.
No option to change brake bias.
No option to change traction control settings.
Clutch is absolutely useless - On Pcars2 its spot on. If the car has a race transmission you can use the clutch to pull away then use the box as a sequential without the clutch. Try it on Forza and it grinds. Also with the roll off start there is absolutely no point using a manual clutch. On PCARS its a test of reaction time at the start - get it wrong and you get a penalty.
Car radar is terrible. No radio spotter. Very difficult to judge where other cars are.
Penalty system is shit online. Someone hits you in the rear - you get a penalty.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Still haven't tried this as I've finally really gotten into Starfield.
Seen a few more videos about Forza and I think I'll wait a few months so they try and fix it but usually crap AI, levelling up systems, handling are core features and won't be changed.
I think every Forza has been pretty poor since they peaked at 4 though and then went towards DLC and removing content...
How about not having a sig at all?
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I too have played Starfield much more than Forza :lol:

This wasn't the case when 7 came out, it was a big step up in driving, this is a bit frustrating to say the least.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Been watching a few vids and it seems most people are saying the same thing, so it’s not just me being old and grumpy.

Very frustrating given they’ve had 6 years to work on it! All feels very rushed and halfarsed.
Cheers, Harry
scotta

Post by scotta »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

jamcg

Post by jamcg »

scotta wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:17 am Weeeeee...

If you swap x for Twitter in the link it auto embeds still