Forza Motorsport

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Forza Motorsport

Post by 16vCento »

Finally coming out tonight, feels like a very, very long time since FM7 came out now!

Anyone ordered the early release?
Mito Man

Re: Forza Motorsport

Post by Mito Man »

Jimmy Broadbent couldn't quite get his working properly on a wheel setup, neither can others so far so I'll hold off until that's all sorted.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Interested to see what it’s like, but a bit worried it will make my machine creak as I don’t have an rt compatible graphics card.

I haven’t actually seen anything in gameplay yet, just a couple of tech reviews. Not 100% struck on some of the graphical changes which make some tracks look a bit washed out and do wonder whether constantly chasing the cleanest crispest most accurate graphics they’re might end up being a bit too smooth and boring and end up like GT where anything bellow a gt3 spec car looks and feels mind mum I fly slow to drive.
Cheers, Harry
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not going to play until the 10th, Starfield already got the fomo money :lol:

I'm not convinced I'll like it either, I could never get on with the handling in FM6 & 7. Hopefully this one feels a bit better on a controller.
An absolute unit
Beany

Post by Beany »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:18 am feels mind mum I fly slow
This took me a minute to parse, but is one of the better autocorrect misinterpretations of I've seen.

(mindnumbingly slow)
scotta

Post by scotta »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:24 pm Jimmy Broadbent couldn't quite get his working properly on a wheel setup, neither can others so far so I'll hold off until that's all sorted.
Ive not paid for the early access but this is maddening to say the least. What issues did he have?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

scotta wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:03 am
Mito Man wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:24 pm Jimmy Broadbent couldn't quite get his working properly on a wheel setup, neither can others so far so I'll hold off until that's all sorted.
Ive not paid for the early access but this is maddening to say the least. What issues did he have?
Felt like a massive dead zone and no feel at all until the car started to slide. Thought it could be down to him having a fancy Moza wheel but reading around people are having the same issues with G27/29 which the game was supposedly developed on for the wheel portion.
The actual physics of the cars overall seemed to be very much understeer based with not much sense of speed either so it was a pretty damning first impression.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

This is the first Forza game since 3 I've not pre-ordered. I'd normally go for the highest version as well with VIP etc. I'm not sure what it is about this new version, but it's just not really interested me. The few reviews I've seen make it sound like it will be quite the grind. I barely play my Xbox these days, so I'm not sure I've got the time or interest to unlock cars and all the parts for every single car, which you'll need to do to remain competitive against the AI. I might give it a go if it's on game pass, but not sure I'd pay for it.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Brannen wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:23 am This is the first Forza game since 3 I've not pre-ordered. I'd normally go for the highest version as well with VIP etc. I'm not sure what it is about this new version, but it's just not really interested me. The few reviews I've seen make it sound like it will be quite the grind. I barely play my Xbox these days, so I'm not sure I've got the time or interest to unlock cars and all the parts for every single car, which you'll need to do to remain competitive against the AI. I might give it a go if it's on game pass, but not sure I'd pay for it.
I've watched the video now.

Its on game pass. Normally i'm the same and buy the DLC packs...I haven't this time.

I've got the TS-XW wheel and its terrible on FM7 basically everything he said in that video. As a result i was waiting to see what it was like on game pass. I had the G920 wheel before and it seemed to work better on Forza.

Its not my wheel however. The wheel itself is brilliant in Project Cars and Assetto corsa.

reading more into the comments it seems the default settings they start with are basically shit and if you tweak the settings it gets better. We will see.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Beany wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:31 am
integrale_evo wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:18 am feels mind mum I fly slow
This took me a minute to parse, but is one of the better autocorrect misinterpretations of I've seen.

(mindnumbingly slow)
Not bad for 6:18am!
Cheers, Harry
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

It's on Gamepass, so worth a trial.

Reviews have been positive, but not stellar. Like most titles, I'll wait for enevitable initial fixes to roll out while I work through my backlog.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

scotta wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 11:40 am
I've watched the video now.

Its on game pass. Normally i'm the same and buy the DLC packs...I haven't this time.

I've got the TS-XW wheel and its terrible on FM7 basically everything he said in that video. As a result i was waiting to see what it was like on game pass. I had the G920 wheel before and it seemed to work better on Forza.

Its not my wheel however. The wheel itself is brilliant in Project Cars and Assetto corsa.

reading more into the comments it seems the default settings they start with are basically shit and if you tweak the settings it gets better. We will see.
It's been a common Forza theme though. You spend about 2 hours tweaking the settings to get something borderline acceptable but that just kills the replayability. Was really hoping they would leave the shite arcade type stuff to Horizon.
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I've been enjoying it so far (Series X with G923? Wheel).

Force feedback needs work, can't feel grip/slip, no real feel of weight, just resistance.

Sounds are decent, graphics are good, the waiting to upgrade cars until a certain level is stupid.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Started playing it this morning. I'm enjoying it so far. Just into the practical performance series at the moment.

Was laughing this morning as I must've been playing games with Laguna Seca in them for 20+ years and I still can't hit that last corner right :lol:
An absolute unit
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:08 am Started playing it this morning. I'm enjoying it so far. Just into the practical performance series at the moment.

Was laughing this morning as I must've been playing games with Laguna Seca in them for 20+ years and I still can't hit that last corner right :lol:
I always barrel into the second last way to quick, stick a wheel in the gravel on exit, get the rear end loose, over correct and end up facing the wrong way. Every. Single. Time.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Yeah, I always get smug about being able to stay flat through the left hand downhill and end up going way too fast into that last right :lol:

The last corner is always terminal understeer or tiptoeing through at 10mph.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

ZedLeg wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:12 pm Yeah, I always get smug about being able to stay flat through the left hand downhill and end up going way too fast into that last right :lol:

The last corner is always terminal understeer or tiptoeing through at 10mph.
Last corner is one where trail-braking to the apex is really effective.

The dodgy-cambered left hander after the corkscrew is always where I tend to push too hard and drop a wheel off track at the exit.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I went Mustang (cos V8) and now debating whether I want a Focus RS or Mini GP2 for less dosh and tune it (low score - plenty of space for tuning and keeping in same category, maybe..) .. thank god I realised you could move across the selection as the bloody Astra nearly got bought! 😂

ETA: you need CP (car points) to upgrade car aswell, so limited improvements initially
Cheers,

Ian
scotta

Post by scotta »

I’ve had an absolute revelation for the wheel setup. Someone linked me this video and I’ve echoed his setup.

It’s night and day better. I’ve copied the settings over to FM7 as well. Wish I’d found these settings years ago.

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Fvcks ache! Just use a controller!.. it’s the manuel of the digital world
Cheers,

Ian