Twitter

Wibblewobblebeepgaggawacka

1. Its time to leave teh Twitter
No votes
2. I’ll stick it out and see what changes
38%
3. It’s blusterpish as usual. It’s not going to change noticeably.
10%
4. I don’t care, I don’t use Twitter.
21%
5. I don’t care.
26%
6. I just like to wash my hair, and go.
No votes
7. I’ve seen a horse fly
No votes
8. I’ve seen a dragon fly
No votes
9. I’ve seen an elephant fly
No votes
10. My old man’s a dustman
5%

Total votes: 39

Simon

Re: Twitter

Post by Simon »

The community are right. If he does this his app gets pulled.

I've responded by blocking Musk. It's the only adult answer to him. I'm >-< this close to deleting the whole thing though.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I had already muted him.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Musk has the most followers of anyone on Twitter. But are they genuine? Interesting analysis: https://mashable.com/article/elon-musk- ... lower-data

Of course, it’s not at all likely that Musk would do this himself to make him look like the most popular person in the world, is it 😄
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
Beany

Post by Beany »

"I am currently under investigation for crypto market manipulation. Clearly I, as a business genius, should launch a cryptocurrency that I can directly manipulate with my platform.

I can see no problems coming from this.

I am amazing."

snorts more ket

Also:

This would only actually work if
A: All your friends were on twitter
B: It was an open system so anyone would call you - and who doesn't want a call from @1488HitlerWasRight ?
C: Whatsapp didn't exist.
D: If it's not open, then you'd need to be associated with someone in another way on Twitter, in which case, why not just text them through the DM functionality?
E: Twitter can barely host pre-recorded and live videos right now in any sort of quality (See Ron DeSantis's recent attempt to launch his campaign on twitter), the concept of them doing realtime multiparty video call handling is laughable

IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

https://news.sky.com/story/video-and-vo ... s-12951810

Involves collecting users data including employment history..
Cheers,

Ian
Simon

Post by Simon »

And just like that, Twitter is gone from my phone. I'll still log on (from my desktop uBlock enabled browser) occasionally, but Musk has once again proved himself to be a fascist enabling, Putin sympathising, narcistic cunt that I can't bear to see his stupid app anymore when I open my phone.

We'll never own a Tesla, Starlink dish or use Twitter more than is absolutely necessary from now on. The sooner that Musk OD's on a tainted line, or similar, the better.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

IanF wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:31 pm https://news.sky.com/story/video-and-vo ... s-12951810

Involves collecting users data including employment history..
I don't like it, although I don't use social media (other than LinkedIn)

But is it any different to what other providers are doing?
Beany

Post by Beany »

TwitterRebrandLittleMan.png
TwitterRebrandLittleMan.png (98.79 KiB) Viewed 2105 times
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Does anyone have a spare Bluesky invitation code? I keep missing out, probably to bots, but tried to sign up a while ago and haven’t had anything through yet.
tim

Post by tim »

Bluesky is a bit like mastadon isn't it? de-centralised so you're at the whim of an unknown dictator and basically living in an even tighter echo-chamber than Twitter is.

It's a no from me.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You don't have an invite then :lol:
I did find Mastodon irritating so don't use it, but surely being decentralised means you're less at the whim of a dictator because you can switch to a different server?
tim

Post by tim »

No, I don't want one.

I might be wrong, but isn't the content you see limited to the server you're on? Anyway it sounds shit. I'll stick to loling at the secret racists on twitter.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

tim wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:14 am I might be wrong, but isn't the content you see limited to the server you're on?
I don't think that's the case with Mastodon, though it was irritating in enough other ways that I didn't use it long enough to find out. I thought the point was to take the data away from loons like Elon, though, so you'd hope not.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Business Genius Elon Musk.

Reuters wrote:
Boss Linda Yaccarino is set to present her plans for the social network formerly known as Twitter to bankers holding nearly $13 billion of its debt, the Financial Times reported. Looming over talks is the likelihood that X’s value is substantially less than even that figure.
Put it all together, and X isn’t just worth less than Musk paid for it, but likely less than its debt. Assume that the company’s revenue last year was $4.7 billion, based on results before it was taken private. If advertising has dropped by half, then this year’s sales should be a bit over $2.5 billion. Put that on the same enterprise-value-to-sales multiple as Snap, which is down to a mere 3 times, and X is worth around $8 billion.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Muskovites will lose their minds :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Click on the tweet- Twitter corrects him on every point :lol: basically the bloke who he’s trying to defend is indirectly calling them a moron
Last edited by jamcg on Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
tim

Post by tim »

If you read the linked article it's pure opinion of one Journalist (with a disclaimer from Reuters at the bottom).
Beany

Post by Beany »

How is that 'removing context from links' thing going, Elon?

The link just went to a page on Fortune that has Musk as the header image, and is actually not about musk being a pedo.

Unsurprisingly...

Might be a fun game for some people with alt accounts for a few days.

But it demonstrates just what a bad idea removing info (URL etc) from links is, which was apparently the point of the OPs posts.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not saying that all I follow is left wing shit posters but Juniper getting suspended was all anyone was talking about yesterday :lol:
An absolute unit