Should have gone private.

V8Granite

Should have gone private.

Post by V8Granite »

I had a vacectomy last week as kids are expensive and if we have another one they might be a twat.

So off for the snip. I tell the doctor, surgeon etc and also the nurse that I normally need a lot of anaesthetic to have an affect and they basically pat me on the head and say they will monitor it.

So first cut, I tell them I feel it, second tug of the tube I say that smarts a bit, cut the tube and my eye gives away the pain and when they cauterise the tube I tell them to give me more anasthetic or I’m getting off the table.

The right one had 3 injections as I gave them my Paddington Bear Stare when I asked for more. The right is now painless but the left could do with a soft pillow and some Enya.

Why don’t doctors listen to past experiences of patients ? When I had my collarbone repaired I counted up to 20 before I fell asleep and she looked quite worried at about 9 😂.
Also why the fuck do they make you shave your balls the morning of the procedure and then slather the area in Iodine!!!

Go private, ask for another couple of needles!!

This is just a general rant, look after your giblets.

Dave!
dinny_g

Re: Should have gone private.

Post by dinny_g »

:lol: I’m sorry for your troubles but there’s something quite funny about the fact that you need extra anaesthetic…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
GG.

Post by GG. »

Should have gone private? Sounds like your privates have gone.
tim

Post by tim »

It took a year for my tubes to "clear" sufficiently to get a sign off after mine. I got really bored of wanking.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

GG. wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:59 pm Should have gone private? Sounds like your privates have gone.
The left one was trying to climb into my stomach for a few days 😮

Tim, I remember years ago hearing how you hit party time 10 times and then send in for a test.

Now you get a test pot at 16 weeks !

Dave!
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

That sounds thoroughly unpleasant, will not be booking in for it.

The NHS is all about patient centred care and asking you what you want etc so I'm surprised they didn't listen to you!
Cheers,

Mike.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:12 pm That sounds thoroughly unpleasant, will not be booking in for it.

The NHS is all about patient centred care and asking you what you want etc so I'm surprised they didn't listen to you!
If it was the same as the right, it’s painless and makes complete sense. So don’t be put off, just be stubborn and forceful.

Dave!
Aml1987

Post by Aml1987 »

I had mine mine last Wednesday, more tender now than the day after!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:17 pm
Ascender wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:12 pm That sounds thoroughly unpleasant, will not be booking in for it.

If it was the same as the right, it’s painless and makes complete sense. So don’t be put off, just be stubborn and forceful.

Dave!
sounds like a *right ballache.

(*Left)
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Sounds like you dropped a bollock there Dave.

I'm also frankly disappointed that the Bear needs anaesthetic at all! :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Blimey, don’t go for a sex change because I imagine the surgery would smart a bit more.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Isn’t there a 1 in 3 chance of ED after the chop!?
Cheers,

Ian
Aml1987

Post by Aml1987 »

IanF wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:00 pm Isn’t there a 1 in 3 chance of ED after the chop!?

Hadn’t read that and did speak to plenty of people who had it done before booking, infections and swelling seems quite common though.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

It was only after I was stabbed about 10 times unsuccessfully with various nurses trying to find an artery in my arm (think 6 inch long needle) that another nurse said “do you think we should use the numbing cream to reduce his discomfort”.
I was furious inside :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

IanF wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:00 pm Isn’t there a 1 in 3 chance of ED after the chop!?
Already checked and it all works.

It’s a 1/1000 chance of phantom bollock where there is some permanent discomfort. 1/500 chance of painful swelling.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Christ. We asked but the doc said they want us to wait till Sienna is 6 months old before they'll do it, "in case she dies".

I'm like 'she's our second child and I'm 45, if she dies we ain't having any more.' The NHS is weird sometimes.

When they were trying to get a line in for Deb's second caesarean they kept missing the artery (or vein?) for a full 30 minutes before in the end they had to guide in a needle with the ultrasound machine just to make sure it went in right. Deb was furious. She felt like a pin cushion.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I need a hernia operation and I'm considering going back to Colombia to get it done. Costs around $2,000USD privately and can be done immediately. Some of the hospitals and care are fantastic - that's from personal experience there back in 2019. NHS waiting lists are 6-12 months currently - which is 6-12 months of not lifting weights, limited exercise etc.
mik

Post by mik »

V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:28 pm I normally need a lot of anaesthetic to have an affect
So you are telling us you have the pain threshold of a little girl, yeah? ;)
V8Granite wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:28 pm when they cauterise the tube I tell them to give me more anasthetic or I’m getting off the table.
That was my favourite part - the smell of your own flesh burning :?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I have ED just from reading this! :shock:
mik

Post by mik »

No