Your fleet running reports

Mito Man

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Mito Man »

Looks like I have an unwanted traveller in my Mito!
Done my usual monthly car swap to take this to London and only just noticed. At first I thought it was gravel when driving it on Sunday, but then I remembered that I washed it, hoovered it and parked it up. And now I think the little shit has died in the fan as today it sounded like it was tumble drying a rock :roll:
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Was probably making a bed in there.

Pretty easy to drop it down and clear it out. You’ve had your mito long enough I assume you’ve already had to do it at some point?
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Yes I’ll order a new cabin filter as it’s been a few years. I think I need to tape a length of hosepipe to a vacuum to suck all the crap out as I remember space being tight.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Also just chatting to my neighbour who has a Range Rover - was pretty pleased that his tail light was fully replaced under warranty as it had a single LED out. I brought up that maybe instead of the EU mandating USB C ports it would be better if they mandated replaceable light bulbs - remember those?! :roll:
Nah, too much common sense.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

They could mandate both?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:12 pm They could mandate both?
It’s not as convenient when you have a large domestic manufacturing base which produces those lights I’m guessing. If it’s made in China then that’s ok to legislate as there’s no money in it.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Possibly. Would still make sense to do though.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Reminds me actually, when I followed the mrs in the mito the other week I noticed the 3rd brake light wasn’t working.

I don’t mind too much as it actually looked quite cool with just the two round led rear lights, but I’m guessing it probably means a wire in the boot loom has broken and I should probably fit a repair loom before more things stop working and it becomes a more involved process.
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I recently learned third brake lights are not even a legal requirement in the UK. Only noticed that it was an option on the Caterham but then not legally required so why pay for it. It must be a requirement across the rest of the world otherwise why do manufacturers fit them?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’m sure they are required somewhere in Europe as they started becoming standard fit mid-late 90s on everything

Not having one, or having one that’s not working isn’t a fail, but one that’s working but has more than multiple illumination points and has more than 50% of them not working is ( from memory )
Cheers, Harry
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

simon_g wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:12 amHasn't felt in need of droplinks but meh, I've ordered a new pair and a service kit.
After reading these could be a nightmare, it was the easiest bit of DIY I've done in ages. Took longer to get the car on stands than to get both droplinks replaced.

Oil, oil/air/cabin filters, spark plugs done too. Back for a partial MOT in the morning.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

The wife's car was in for an airbag recall today and while they were there they checked the car over. It's eaten another bloody set of rear tyres - 5mm tread all over apart from down to the canvas on the very inner shoulder. I had the alignment done after the last set it munched and thought I'd sorted it. I'm going to take it to my local guy to get everything else rear suspension checked...

A sad day when the rear tyres on my M2 last 3 times longer than the ones on the 320d.
mik

Post by mik »

@Rich B ooft - any signs of feathering on the tread? Or is it running excessive -ve camber on the rear?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

It might be a TADTS. When we had a Passat they were notorious for it and nobody seemed to have a solution.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Gearbox bushes arrived yesterday. Props to Maranello Classic & Superformance for both achieving next day delivery. I was going to get stuck in today but meh. Mañana.

The two small bushes go into a stabilising bar; this looks nice and easy as you can remove it from the car to press the bushes in & out. The large one goes into the gearbox casing itself and is rather more involved.

IMG_2233.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg (56.84 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 pm @Rich B ooft - any signs of feathering on the tread? Or is it running excessive -ve camber on the rear?
Dunno, it's fairly even wear across the rest of the tyre, then the inner shoulder completely fucked. The other side is the same. There's clearly something misaligned that's causing it - it's not as though her car gets ragged.

mik

Post by mik »

Not the best pic, but that looks very strange! Like the inside edge is physically rubbing against something?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:07 pm
mik wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:48 pm @Rich B ooft - any signs of feathering on the tread? Or is it running excessive -ve camber on the rear?
Dunno, it's fairly even wear across the rest of the tyre, then the inner shoulder completely fucked. The other side is the same. There's clearly something misaligned that's causing it - it's not as though her car gets ragged.

Straddling speedbumps?? One of my younger team members has loads near his house and has killed the tyres on his Audi in what looks like the same way.
GG.

Post by GG. »

McSwede wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:49 pm
Rich B wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 7:07 pm

Straddling speedbumps?? One of my younger team members has loads near his house and has killed the tyres on his Audi in what looks like the same way.
This is what I was going to say - its supposed to do that but I've never seen evidence of it before.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Interesting idea - there are plenty around and perhaps they're just the right width to do this. Maybe there's some with a more pronounced edge on them?

Hmmmm...