Your fleet running reports

dan

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by dan »

Ace. Harnesses are a game changer, no longer trying to hold yourself in the seat makes all the difference.

How annoying were the seats to fit? :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

They weren't that bad, I just didn't put myself under any time pressure. As with anything though, having the right tools is everything, I did for the most part but I did have to run to Halfords at some point to get the right allen head socket. I also need to cut up an allen key to fully tighten the passenger side front left bolt.

I presume the two flatter 5mm heads on the front driver's side are like that so the runners can fly over? I think if I have them out again and I can get right fittings it would be better to replace those with the other type as the heads don't look like they'd last too many more goes. :?
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Very nice Duncs, which model are they?
mik

Post by mik »

Look good Duncs 8-)
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Tasty - retained the original belts, right? I only had harnesses once - in the Exige - and they'd removed the standard belts. Fuck me, right rigmarole everytime I just wanted to pop around the block :lol:
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

speedingfine wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:23 pm Very nice Duncs, which model are they?
B6XL. I always planned to get some, was expecting to get new ones TBH (probably would have got B10 or B5), but these came up for sale so I made a speculative offer and the guy was interested. Still was unsure about them, but I went to sit in them before the seller took them out of his car and they were so bloody comfortable and in immaculate condition, plus such good value, that I went for them.

Really pleased with them actually, the B6 is higher sided so slightly more awkward to get in, but in reality the sills are still above the edges so they're not a great deal different.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Matty wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:38 pm Tasty - retained the original belts, right? I only had harnesses once - in the Exige - and they'd removed the standard belts. Fuck me, right rigmarole everytime I just wanted to pop around the block :lol:
Not at the moment because the Sector111 kit is unavailable (is there any other kit? It's certainly a bloody rip off for a couple of fixings!).

Once I can get my hands on the kit I might do it. TBH it never bothered me in the Caterham anyway, but I want to find a way to secure a child seat on the passenger side and I think I'll need the inertia belt for that.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Carlos wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 3:57 pm Just been to one in Swansea with my daughter to get a Bose Amp and a door handle trim for her Mito. She was thrilled as she thought "junkyards" are an American thing, she's now describing it to her mates as like something out of The Walking Dead :lol:
Someone just drove 3 hours to view my daughters Mito and didn't buy it as it was to scruffy despite showing any marks in the photos and talking through them on the phone! :lol:

It also irked that the passenger door handle end cap was missing again!

If anyone has one I'll be happy to pay for it as you can't buy a new cap separately :roll:

If not its back to the junk yard.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Another minor victory (repairs costing £0), another experience that further bolsters my opinion you should pass an aptitude test before being allowed to buy spanners :roll:

There was something slightly wrong with the driver's seat - if you pushed your shoulders back hard, the r/h side would flex backwards a bit while the l/h side was solid. I assumed a jammed mechanism and finally got around to looking at it today and nope - it was the result of someone else "fixing" something previously :roll: The bracket attaching the backrest to the base has two bolts on each side. Well, the l/h side had two nice original bolts. The r/h side just had one, a generic M8 bolt, no washer, and it was loose :roll: In the hole that was meant to hold the second bolt, the thread was a bit mashed up. Looks like someone couldn't get the bolt in and just thought "fcuk it" and left it out :roll: Having already lost the correct, original bolts :roll:

Chased the thread through, two shiny new bolts (generic, but with washers now), and it's sorted. Simple enough but so annoying that it was necessary in the first place.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Harnesses - I'd recommend upgrading to 5 / 6 point if possible, the crotch strap(s) help keep the waist strap down on your pelvis rather than riding up onto your stomach.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 pm Harnesses - I'd recommend upgrading to 5 / 6 point if possible, the crotch strap(s) help keep the waist strap down on your pelvis rather than riding up onto your stomach.
Yes, I should get round to this in the Fabia. As well as the anti-submarining aspect, should make them a whole lot more comfy. Relatively speaking.
Left over crest; tightens.
simon_g

Post by simon_g »

After 4 perfectly clean MOTs, no flying colours for the Stepwagon this time:

Repair immediately (major defects):
Offside Front Upper Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):
Front Brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened (1.1.14 (a) (ii))
Tyre slightly damaged/cracking or perishing ALL FOUR TYRES (205/60R16) (5.2.3 (d) (ii))

Hasn't felt in need of droplinks but meh, I've ordered a new pair and a service kit.

Brakes I think are fine, it just sits for weeks at a time and they get a bit of surface rust.
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I’ve done the other Cayenne tyre that needed reseating. There’s definitely a knack to this, and I’ve still not got it. I’m going to sit down with a nice cup of tea and a lot of ibuprofen.

IMG_2222.jpeg
IMG_2222.jpeg (38.62 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
IMG_2223.jpeg
IMG_2223.jpeg (36.07 KiB) Viewed 1133 times
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Steve, that definitely looks a bit more effort than just using your thumbs. Have you tried some of these? https://www.parktool.com/en-int/product ... set-tl-1-2
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

I imagine you will be unsurprised to hear I already have some of those :lol:

IMG_2227.jpeg
IMG_2227.jpeg (24.63 KiB) Viewed 1110 times
mik

Post by mik »

@Sundayjumper I'm imagining some weird tyre lever version of Wolverine :?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 3:45 pm I imagine you will be unsurprised to hear I already have some of those :lol:

IMG_2227.jpeg
You'll be sorted getting those back on the rims, then :lol:
GG.

Post by GG. »

I was thinking closer to this:

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Finally got round to pulling the instrument cluster on the 928 to fix the odometer and convert the shift indicator lights to LEDs (D bulb is gone). Someone's clearly been in before me as when I removed the cluster, 4 of the 4 retaining bolts were missing and 2 out of the 3 connectors had broken locking tabs.

This was the state of the odometer gear.

Now just need to desolder the old incandescent bulbs and replace with LEDs.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Bought some Noico sound deadening as the bed in the Kawasaki Mule rattles and vibrates like a right bastard and I've had enough of it. Seems to be the exact same as the Dynamat stuff I have in my Defender but 1/3 of the price. Just noticed the packaging says "made in the Russian Federation" :shock: I've inadvertedly funded a terrorist state.
How about not having a sig at all?