Simon

Re: Bully XL

Post by Simon »

The artist formerly known as _Who_
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Bullshit knee jerk reaction. It's always the owners fault, not the dogs. Certain breeds attract certain types of owners as Dave pointed out, first it was Alsatians, then Dobermans, then Staffies. A dog owned and trained by a cunt is likely to end up with a cunty dog.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

It will be Cockapoos with rage syndrome, French bulldogs with overly protective issues and anyone other breed which is affected.

Just kicking the can down the hill without actually fixing breeding issues.

Dave!
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

https://www.lawrencenewport.co.uk/p/why ... n-dying-to

It's clearly a bit more than just dodgy owners with this breed.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

That's a really interesting article Speedingfine - very eye opening.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
dan

Post by dan »

Horrible fucking dog owned by horrible fucking people does horrible fucking things, hardly a great loss banning them. Should ban the plebs that own them too.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Also a big difference in championing positive training only, which just doesn’t work with every dog. Massive rise in teary dog owners since Covid.

As a big dog owner this sucks arse, it doesn’t solve the issue at all and they will just cross breed badly and have a different type next 🙄.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Well I as a big dog owner I welcome it, I'm all for responsible breeding and ownership which should also be addressed as part of the changes.

I don't see a place in our society for inbred out of control Roman dogs of war!
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Carlos wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:15 pm Well I as a big dog owner I welcome it, I'm all for responsible breeding and ownership which should also be addressed as part of the changes.

I don't see a place in our society for inbred out of control Roman dogs of war!
So the Rottweiler then.

It’s bigger, more powerful, more stamina.

The difference is the German type is generally well bred.

Why can’t these bad bully XL breeders be stopped, the ones who can’t prove correct breeding be put down and the breed allowed to carry on. It’s incredibly easy to prove lineage.

The people who don’t care about it will not be affected, they’ll just jump on the Cane Corso. The people who do a good job and care for the breed will lose out.

If this was the car world everyone would be up in arms.

Dave!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

You're taking this personally and its not, its not about rottweilers, dogue de bordeaux, newfoundlands or any large dog that's your fancy its about large bull breeds being bred or crossed for traits of size and aggression and often with breeds that are already banned in their own right for having poor domestic traits.

I struggle to see why you would object to a ban on breeding more of these dogs and then a screening/neutering/muzzle policy for those already in existence?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

To lighten the mood and remind ourselves of dog positives this is Peggy and Alphonso not killing kids on the beach :D

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Carlos wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:40 pm You're taking this personally and its not, its not about rottweilers, dogue de bordeaux, newfoundlands or any large dog that's your fancy its about large bull breeds being bred or crossed for traits of size and aggression and often with breeds that are already banned in their own right for having poor domestic traits.

I struggle to see why you would object to a ban on breeding more of these dogs and then a screening/neutering/muzzle policy for those already in existence?
It’s a problem as they will add a little bit of another dog in and carry on regardless.

It simply doesn’t address the problem but says big dog bad.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

This isn’t a misunderstood nanny dog. It’s a horribly inbred monster bred purely for aggression and strength. It would be better if it had never existed.
An absolute unit
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:15 pm Horrible fucking dog owned by horrible fucking people does horrible fucking things, hardly a great loss banning them. Should ban the plebs that own them too.
This TBH - the only people who own dogs like this don't give a shit about them, they're just status symbols.
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

dan wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:15 pm Horrible fucking dog owned by horrible fucking people does horrible fucking things, hardly a great loss banning them. Should ban the plebs that own them too.
This to be frank.

They are mutant animals, not as nature intended. In fact having a pet lion would be equally rediculous.
Real-life Females
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Nathan wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:33 pm
This to be frank.

They are mutant animals, not as nature intended. In fact having a pet lion would be equally rediculous.
not defending bully XLs, but all modern dogs are mutants, not as nature intended.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich speaks the truth. It’s why a breed should just be a mongrel till the kinks are ironed out. They will only be ironed out by responsible breeders.

Dave!
Simon

Post by Simon »

I doubt you can breed out the characteristics of the BXL that make it such a death monster.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Simon wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 9:18 am I doubt you can breed out the characteristics of the BXL that make it such a death monster.
They did with loads of other dogs.

Dave!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

There are already plenty of options for bull terrier type dogs though.

This has been specifically bred to be as strong and violent as possible, before you start taking the behavioural problems associated with inbreeding into account.

The attacks aren’t a kink, it’s the point of the dog.

It sucks for the dogs but they aren’t well and they’re a danger.

Some dogs just don’t make good pets.
An absolute unit