Brain haemorrhages

teacherboy

Re: Brain haemorrhages

Post by teacherboy »

jamcg wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:12 pm You’ve been through a lot there, hopefully you’ll have a quick recovery, which sounds quite likely from what you’ve said. Enjoy the downtime though and don’t rush yourself through the recovery.

Are you shaving the rest of your hair off to grow back at the same rate or waiting for it to fill back in? A full shave and regrowth might be the less obvious solution for the wedding?
Already been shaved off but I hate it short and i have a nasty habit of splitting scars as the skin tightens back up so scar will be more visible than it is now :?

You're the heart doc aren't you? Is there a place/person/scheme i can petition for a home INR machine as going to surgery is lovely and my regular INR nurse Natalie is lovely but its a pain in the arse and probaly costs more than me having my own machine, not to mention it's not really any different from diabetics managing insulin....
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Gavster wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:54 pm Holy crap, that's a major life event right there :lol: glad that you're out the other side and heading for a full recover. Hope your family are doing well too, I bet they they needed a stiff drink after you regained consciousness!

Has it had any impact on your approach to life, on a more philosophical level?
Those changes happened 11 years ago after the first round of heart surgery and have only gotten deeper now, i'll be less tolerant of twattery than i was before :lol: :lol: :lol:

Family are doing ok and as before they are happy to have me home - alive and well, several times when called into waiting/relatives rooms they were convinced that the news would be delivered but luckily for me it never was!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Wow. Very happy to hear to hear that your ok and willake a full recovery. GWS!!!!!! ❤️
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

teacherboy wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:48 pm
jamcg wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:12 pm You’ve been through a lot there, hopefully you’ll have a quick recovery, which sounds quite likely from what you’ve said. Enjoy the downtime though and don’t rush yourself through the recovery.

Are you shaving the rest of your hair off to grow back at the same rate or waiting for it to fill back in? A full shave and regrowth might be the less obvious solution for the wedding?
Already been shaved off but I hate it short and i have a nasty habit of splitting scars as the skin tightens back up so scar will be more visible than it is now :?

You're the heart doc aren't you? Is there a place/person/scheme i can petition for a home INR machine as going to surgery is lovely and my regular INR nurse Natalie is lovely but its a pain in the arse and probaly costs more than me having my own machine, not to mention it's not really any different from diabetics managing insulin....
I’m not the heart man, I’m just the literal plumber :lol: that’s @explosive newt
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Good that you’re on the mend, speaking as a former teacher I’d be taking a step back from that role and the associated stress, I can’t see it ever contributing in a good way.
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:41 pm Good that you’re on the mend, speaking as a former teacher I’d be taking a step back from that role and the associated stress, I can’t see it ever contributing in a good way.
Wish i could afford to but mortgage needs to be paid - plus 8 doing A-level physics this year will keep me sane, plus phased return but not until after xmas
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

jamcg wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:37 pm
I’m not the heart man, I’m just the literal plumber :lol: that’s @explosive newt
[/quote]

:lol: :lol: I do have some degree of neurological impairment obviously
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

McSwede wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:01 pm Wow. Very happy to hear to hear that your ok and willake a full recovery. GWS!!!!!! ❤️
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

:shock: Holy mackerel!

Good luck with the recovery. 👍
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Jesus Teacher you 've had a bad run - heart and now this. Still, as you say, cool collection of Scars.

Best of luck with it all and get well soon...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
dan

Post by dan »

Christ!!

Glad you're on the mend, that sounds horrific!
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

You bloody attention whore! :roll: ;)

I'm glad they could superglue you back together and that you all seem to be recovering well. Modern medicine is remarkable.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Holley

Post by Holley »

Best of luck with your recovery, hope you get all the rest you need!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Jeez… hope you mend quickly!
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

duncs500 wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:30 am :shock: Holy mackerel!

Good luck with the recovery. 👍
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

dinny_g wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:21 am Jesus Teacher you 've had a bad run - heart and now this. Still, as you say, cool collection of Scars.

Best of luck with it all and get well soon...
Cheers - I am quite fond of the collection of scars! The itching and having to resist scratching while it heals is driving me demented though :roll:
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:39 am You bloody attention whore! :roll: ;)

I'm glad they could superglue you back together and that you all seem to be recovering well. Modern medicine is remarkable.
Yup - it is bonkers what they can do, and if you ask nicely enough they'll give you copies of the scans or let you take pics of the scans

Below is my rebuilt heart, if you look you can see the wires holding breastbone shut, mechanical valve and replacement aortic root
IMG-20230815-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20230815-WA0002.jpg (81.51 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
Bottom left quarter where the white splodge inside the skull is - thats the haemorrhage, was over approx 40% of surface of brain!
IMG-20230815-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20230815-WA0001.jpg (215.91 KiB) Viewed 5503 times
etc for teaching resources!
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

Holley wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:50 am Best of luck with your recovery, hope you get all the rest you need!
Trying to rest but also balance it with being active and recovering coordination and strength - having a labrador to walk helps enormously, as does walking my 12yr old to the bus with the dog as thats around a 1.5 mile round trip each morning
teacherboy

Post by teacherboy »

240PP wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:01 am Jeez… hope you mend quickly!
Luckily that is one thing my body does do right - I heal very quickly!
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

:shock:

You've been through the wringer there! Good to see your back on the mend, and remember that chicks dig scars.

Did you get Elon's brain chip while they'd got you open? ;) I've heard it gives you telepathic powers.