My clean licence

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

My clean licence

Post by Delphi »

Yep. NIP this morning from Tuesday evening. 49 in a 30. I noticed the van, but the back of the van was pointing the towards oncoming traffic on other side of the road, but they were obviously sat in front with the camera.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: My clean licence

Post by Jobbo »

I have seen so many camera vans recently - well done on staying clean this long.

I say I've seen so many camera vans; in fact, since they have been hiding away and using SPECS from a long distance I didn't see any of them until way too late to have slowed down so take care out there folks (particularly in Worcestershire which seems to have a bit of a long-range mission to catch people).
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Hmm must be a regional thing. I was seeing them every day in London/Surrey/Kent around spring time. Haven’t seen any this summer.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's points territory, isn't it? Well above being invited to a "course".

Edit: to help you avoid temptation you'd better park the 928 down here with me. I'll take good care of it.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:46 pm That's points territory, isn't it? Well above being invited to a "course".

Edit: to help you avoid temptation you'd better park the 928 down here with me. I'll take good care of it.
I fully expect points- course would be an unexpected bonus but I'm not hopeful. I was driving the Boxster at the time - 928 is off the road waiting for its MOT appointment.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

You can park both down here then. I'm nothing if not generous.

Very annoying for you though.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

You maniac! Won't someone think of the children!

Bad luck.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

I think that's 4-6 points isn't it 😬
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:46 pm That's points territory, isn't it? Well above being invited to a "course".
Course is 10%+9mph. So 42 in a 30
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

16vCento wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:32 pm I think that's 4-6 points isn't it 😬
A good 17 years ago now, but I got 3 points for 48 in a 30. Hopefully it'll just be the 3!
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

I got 3 points and £100 fine. :(
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Could have been worse… you hooligan!!! :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

Yep - sounds like a decent outcome. My eldest got the same for 44 in a 30 a few months back and I thought he was pretty fortunate.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Will someone think about the kids :cry:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Many years ago I was driving a GP beach buggy at 41 in a 30 area, having spotted the Police too late. The 41 was with my brakes locked up, and they complimented me on being alert and the buggy for its sharp brakes. Still got 3 points and a £20 fine though. :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

£20 fine, must have been before man step foot on the moon 😜
mik

Post by mik »

PaulJ wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:57 pm Many years ago I was driving a GP beach buggy at 41 in a 30 area, having spotted the Police too late. The 41 was with my brakes locked up.
8-) My first points and fine were driving to work for my first job after finishing uni. Had been there about 3 weeks. I was cruising at an indicated 80 on a 70-limit dual carriageway, and a nob that I was overtaking sped up to match my speed, so I was "stuck" in the outside lane. I sped up in order to pass them and pulled in front. Whilst doing so I noticed a nice silver Sapphire Cosworth on the hard shoulder. "Ooh that's nice".

60 seconds later I was slowing for a roundabout and noticed headlights approaching rapidly behind me flashing left-right-left-right. Cops - better let them past..... but as I slowed and moved to the left of my lane, then took position behind me. Ah balls. :x

Got done for 84 in a 70, and I was 5mins late for work thanks to testing out the rear seat of the Cossie to watch a man write a ticket. To be fair he said I was driving perfectly safely in his opinion, but limits are limits....

Apologised to my boss on arrival, said I'd been pulled for speeding, and said "you'll never guess what pulled me over?", to which practically everyone in the room simultaneously replied "Silver Cosworth?". :shock: I wasn't a bloody local, so wasn't aware that it had been patrolling the area for weeks with many stops. Buggar. :cry:
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Mito Man wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:00 pm £20 fine, must have been before man step foot on the moon 😜
It was the Perfect summer of '76. 8-)
16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Post by 16vCento »

That's a result!

I got caught on road past driffield where biker cafe is when I was dropping my S60 off to trade it for the XF.

Line of cars sat behind a tractor, no one making a move, so I took all 6 as it was clear, I was rounding the last car before the tractor when I saw the van hiding in the bushes, fully anchored on and did enough to get a fine for 69 in a 60.

Sneaky camera vans.