No F1 thread?

mik

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by mik »

Blimey - just realised he got 2 penalty points on his licence too. Absolutely stoopid.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:o :? What a crock o' shite :roll:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Wet track, sprint race which is meant to be all about excitement and more action and then that happens - alright but penalty points on top 🙄
And the feckers keep bleating on about getting rid of DRS.

Just seen that one of the stewards is Derek Warwick and I’m pretty sure the other 3 aren’t professional drivers so Hamilton was fucked no matter what he did.
How about not having a sig at all?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Weekends been topped once again by the F1 “who can butcher the national anthem the most” with Belgian Elton John as the FIA delegates smirk and try to not piss themselves 🤣
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That race had all the classic hallmarks of a crap boring race.
All DRS overtakes, no safety cars, Max blasting past unchallenged, a hint of rain which evaporated into nothing.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Oh well, at least Hamilton grabbed fastest lap to stop him being quite so smug.
Cheers, Harry
Marv

Post by Marv »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 3:38 pm That race had all the classic hallmarks of a crap boring race.
All DRS overtakes, no safety cars, Max blasting past unchallenged, a hint of rain which evaporated into nothing.
Actually, there was a decent number of non-DRS overtakes in the infield, further down the order. It was only towards the front where it was easy DRS overtakes. Would have been nice for it to rain and mix things up a bit. The way Max so easily passed Hamilton, Leclerc and Perez it really did look like they were in F2 cars. Max trolling his obviously uptight engineer was amusing too.

From the C4 highlights, I thought it was a pretty good race.
Oui, je suis un motard.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I thought it was alright if you ignored the front end train. Watching some of the others play to their strengths / weaknesses and some overtakes in unusual places.

Glad Lando managed to drag it back into the top 10, looked like he was going to end up stuck in the low teens at one point. Challenging weekend for Danny Ric.
Cheers, Harry
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I might start watching the highlights for the rest of the season as each race is getting more and more groundhog. It's good to see racing through the fields, but a battle for 4th or 5th just isnt the same as a battle for the podium.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Most the overtakes lower down the grid were due to wacky offset tyre strategies as many drivers went long on old tyres to avoid a pit stop in the belief that the rain would be much heavier so they could go straight on inters.

I know the McLaren had the wrong downforce setup but I wonder if that team can truly make a winning car or if they’ve just turned into another Racing Point/Aston Martin who just copy the best car.

Ricciardo is really the same old person who got booted out of Mclaren and Perez seems to have found his usual form of lapping 1 second a lap behind Max which is enough to finish P2.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

I can't believe just how far off Max's pace Perez was. I know people are saying he essentially delivered what was needed by coming second, but he really was a country mile away and I can't see why they'd keep him on after this season.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Who can they replace him with? Not RIC or Gasly. Don't think there's anyone in the junior series that are good enough.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Have RB not said they like Lando before?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Gavin wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 1:56 pm Have RB not said they like Lando before?
He's friends with Max. But he's the lead driver for McLaren. Would he want a cursed second driver seat?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Anyone following the Massa v F1 possible legal proceedings? I have seen a few different comments.

1. He wants the 2008 DWC taken from Hamilton to be given to him.

2. He knows that won't happen so wants money.

I am not entirely sure what he hopes to gain, beyond the derision of many fans.
mik

Post by mik »

Wasn’t aware.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/1 ... 2008-title

1. Man who has earned ridiculous money from his profession would like some more ridiculous money. Rather a TAUC. (Edit: he reputedly made around $110 million from his F1 career).

2. FIA investigated the incident and ruled that it was a decision by Renaoult to instruct Piquet to crash, but that was to benefit their other driver. They and the team management were punished. Massa lost out as “collateral” but I can’t see how the FIA could cancel the race result as a result of this?
Last edited by mik on Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

He did get hit pretty hard on the head...
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Massa lost out because the idiot left before the fuel hose was pulled out. If he didn’t do that he’d have finished further up the order with sufficient points to secure the wdc.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

:lol: 8-)