Interview prep

Explosive Newt

Re: Interview prep

Post by Explosive Newt »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:16 pm “I pull up in a Porsche” would have been better.
The Glengarry Glen Ross approach
scotta

Post by scotta »

Ive had the do a 20 min proposal interview before. Spent a week doing it. Didnt get the fucking job.

I did then however go on to get my current job paying more money than they were offering which bought the club racer. So it worked out fine.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 7:16 pm “I pull up in a Porsche” would have been better.
Ha! I can actually do that now! :D
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I did all the research and prep'd a presentation

Then at the last minute, got cold feet, and completely re-did everything (finishing about 1:30am on the morning of the interview)

Anyway, I think it went OK - it seemed to, but these things can be hard to read

And just because they appeared to like you, doesn't mean you're right for the job (and visa versa of course)

Just waiting to hear what happens next...
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Eek, not ideal prep!

With mine they postponed the interview the morning of the day it was supposed to happen (a Friday), managed to get it arranged for the following Monday but it did mean more time to question everything I'd done.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

There are definitely times when getting more time is a curse.

For one of the two jobs I interviewed for recently I had to do a presentation as well. It was on the topic of the specific challenges that the team faced with customers in relation to product. I actually think it helped that they told me on Thursday afternoon, for a Tuesday (with a bank holiday Monday before) interview when we were going away camping with a large group of friends for the long weekend. I probably only spent two hours in total on it. Don't know if it was enough, I think it went okay, but I ended up with the other job instead.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

DaveE wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 11:23 pm For your interview tomorrow, we would like you to come up with a 20 minute presentation about how you'd revolutionise this massive, legacy business about which you know very little.

Be creative.
This is what Bullshit generator (Chat GPT), came up with:
Title: Reimagining Legacy Excellence: A Transformation Journey

Good morning everyone,

I am thrilled to be here today to share my vision on how we can revolutionize our massive, legacy business. While I may be new to this industry, I believe that fresh perspectives can often lead to innovative breakthroughs. Today, I will outline a comprehensive strategy that encompasses technological advancements, customer-centricity, and organizational agility.

Slide 1: Introduction

Briefly introduce myself and express excitement about the opportunity to transform a legacy business.

Slide 2: Understanding the Landscape

Discuss the current state of the industry, challenges faced by the legacy business, and the need for a change.

Slide 3: Embracing Technology

Highlight the importance of integrating cutting-edge technologies like AI, IoT, and blockchain to streamline operations, enhance efficiency, and improve decision-making.

Slide 4: Data-Driven Insights

Explain how data analytics can provide actionable insights into customer behavior, market trends, and operational inefficiencies.

Slide 5: Personalized Customer Experience

Emphasize the significance of crafting personalized experiences through AI-driven recommendations, tailored marketing campaigns, and improved customer service.

Slide 6: E-Commerce and Digital Transformation

Discuss the potential of e-commerce and a digital marketplace to expand reach and tap into new customer segments.

Slide 7: Agile Organizational Culture

Explore the benefits of fostering an agile culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and adaptability.

Slide 8: Restructuring for Efficiency

Propose a reorganization of departments and processes to eliminate redundancies and improve cross-functional collaboration.

Slide 9: Sustainability and Social Responsibility

Introduce the concept of integrating sustainability practices into the business model to appeal to socially conscious consumers.

Slide 10: Talent Acquisition and Development

Discuss the importance of attracting top-tier talent, nurturing their skills, and creating a diverse workforce.

Slide 11: Partnership and Collaboration

Explore opportunities for partnerships with startups, tech companies, and other industries to bring in fresh ideas and accelerate innovation.

Slide 12: Change Management Strategy

Outline a structured change management plan to ensure smooth transitions and employee buy-in during the transformation process.

Slide 13: Risk Management and Cybersecurity

Address potential risks associated with technological advancements and outline strategies to mitigate cybersecurity threats.

Slide 14: Measurement and Evaluation

Define key performance indicators (KPIs) to track the success of the transformation and ensure that goals are being met.

Slide 15: Communication Strategy

Discuss the importance of transparent communication with stakeholders, both internal and external, throughout the transformation journey.

Slide 16: Piloting and Scaling

Propose a phased approach, starting with pilot projects to test new strategies before scaling them across the organization.

Slide 17: Celebrating Successes

Share examples of milestones achieved during the transformation and acknowledge the efforts of the entire team.

Slide 18: Continuous Innovation

Stress the need for ongoing innovation and evolution to stay ahead in a rapidly changing business landscape.

Slide 19: Looking Ahead

Discuss the potential long-term benefits of the revolutionized business, including increased market share, customer loyalty, and profitability.

Slide 20: Q&A Session

Open the floor for questions, encouraging a dialogue about the proposed strategies and their potential impact.

In conclusion, our journey to revolutionize this legacy business is not only about adopting new technologies but also about fostering a culture of innovation and customer-centricity. By embracing change, leveraging data, and capitalizing on emerging trends, we can position ourselves as pioneers in the industry. I am excited about the possibilities that lie ahead and look forward to collaborating with all of you on this transformative journey.

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by NGRhodes on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »