How many websites do you use?

How many websites do you use on a regular basis (>1 visit(s) per week)?

0-5
16%
6-10
40%
11-15
16%
16-20
4%
20+
24%

Total votes: 25

DaveE

How many websites do you use?

Post by DaveE »

Given there are millions of websites out there, how many do we actually use on a frequent basis?
DeskJockey

Re: How many websites do you use?

Post by DeskJockey »

Do apps that are effectually a wrapper for a website count in this?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:39 pm Do apps that are effectually a wrapper for a website count in this?
This is specifically websites not apps

(It's related to some research I'm doing)
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Noted and voted.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

I think the internet, while expanding on a daily basis, is shrinking for the individual user over time. Cookies and search algorithms now direct you to a smaller and smaller group of group of sites that it's rare to stumble across anything new. you have to really go digging into page 2 or 3 of any results page...

And I think it's harder and harder to break into any particular market - we've seen several new Car sites start and fail for example - so it feels like we end up with the same old relabels
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Thank you to those who have taken time to take part in the survey

@dinny_g totally, the various algorithms serve up more of what you've already engaged with, so over time your view of the world becomes more and more narrow (and your views and opinions become more narrow with it)
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

DaveE wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:19 pm Thank you to those who have taken time to take part in the survey

@dinny_g totally, the various algorithms serve up more of what you've already engaged with, so over time your view of the world becomes more and more narrow (and your views and opinions become more narrow with it)
Interestingly, I’ve just been reading how this will limit AI (well, LLM versions) as they’ll eventually give total garbage answers as they source more and more from other AI sources..
Cheers,

Ian
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I work as a product owner for two websites our company builds and maintains. Strictly speaking both have a public and admin side but when answering I counted each as a single thing.

But in order to actually run those two sites, I must engage with 30+ sites a week just to do that, let alone here, YT, FB, eBay etc. etc.

I realise my job is the internet but I'm genuinely surprised there are people saying they use only a few a week. :shock:
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

KiwiDave wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:46 am I work as a product owner for two websites our company builds and maintains. Strictly speaking both have a public and admin side but when answering I counted each as a single thing.

But in order to actually run those two sites, I must engage with 30+ sites a week just to do that, let alone here, YT, FB, eBay etc. etc.

I realise my job is the internet but I'm genuinely surprised there are people saying they use only a few a week. :shock:
It's a small world, I'm a Product Manager, but I've held both PM and PO roles over the years