Mito Man

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Mito Man »

Nice to see Mclaren’s updates working.
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Shame max had to come through and spoil the party.

How much longer do we think Perez is going to hang onto his seat for?
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Perez is a broken man, he genuinely thought he could challenge Max to the title till the end and spectacularly had a mental block only a 1/4 of the way through the season. I can’t recall the last time that happened. Rosberg kept fighting back and Bottas kept coming back with his various versions.

I don’t know who Red Bull could change him for - the Alpha Tauri drivers are average at best, Ricciardo is another man broken by Verstappen
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Whilst max brings in enough points to keep red bull no.1 in the constructors championship they’ll keep Perez to avoid being the cunts in the press yet again. As soon as anyone makes a car quick enough to keep up with max they’ll throw him to the kerb faster than Mexican food comes out your arse
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

As for tomorrow- 1st corner max will make his trademark “you back off or we crash” move on lando, then he’ll fuck off into the distance.

At least with merc dominance there was always the fight between both drivers with the occasional loss to another driver, but this is starting to take the piss
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

That would be interesting - Max and Lando are supposedly very good mates.
Red Bull most likely on top next year again as there's minimal rule changes and they can start development already whilst incredibly none of the other teams have a car which can perform consistently yet let alone challenge them.
The 2026 engine rule changes look shit too. At the end of the day F1 should be about entertainment first and I want the big manufacturers who are backing 50% hybrids to fuck off. Using their theory why not go 100% electric already if it's so relevant to your shitty road cars. Hybrids are dead soon enough and already old hat...
Was really hoping with synthetic fuels we would have a hope of something interesting...
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:35 pm Perez is a broken man, he genuinely thought he could challenge Max to the title till the end and spectacularly had a mental block only a 1/4 of the way through the season. I can’t recall the last time that happened. Rosberg kept fighting back and Bottas kept coming back with his various versions.

I don’t know who Red Bull could change him for - the Alpha Tauri drivers are average at best, Ricciardo is another man broken by Verstappen
They’ll bring Albon back.
Last edited by Zonda_ on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:51 pm That would be interesting - Max and Lando are supposedly very good mates.
Red Bull most likely on top next year again as there's minimal rule changes and they can start development already whilst incredibly none of the other teams have a car which can perform consistently yet let alone challenge them.
The 2026 engine rule changes look shit too. At the end of the day F1 should be about entertainment first and I want the big manufacturers who are backing 50% hybrids to fuck off. Using their theory why not go 100% electric already if it's so relevant to your shitty road cars. Hybrids are dead soon enough and already old hat...
Was really hoping with synthetic fuels we would have a hope of something interesting...
They should go for the best of both worlds- synthetic fuelled twin turbo V10 hybrids
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

jamcg wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:01 pm They should go for the best of both worlds- synthetic fuelled twin turbo V10 hybrids
Open rules I say - 1000bhp, 110kg of fuel per race, $20 million for the entire powertrain development + components used per season.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Seems crazy not putting a soft on lando with less than 20 laps to go :?
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Pretty average race, awesome result.
The way Zac high fives his team and smacks their backs after a good result may kill someone 😂
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Hopefully this pace from McLaren continues and isn’t unique to Silverstone.

Also special nod to whoever at sky hired Naomi Schiff
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 4:30 pm Pretty average race, awesome result.
It was, it still one of the better ones over the last 18 months
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Wtf was that national anthem rendition?!
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Embarrassing is what it was.

The only full race I’ll see this year and I enjoyed it, field nice and close, some good battles, great to see Lando spend a few laps at the front even though we all knew he was unlikely to be able to keep it.

Still, nice not to see max just disappear up the road, I think at the halfway point he was about 6.5 seconds ahead? Compared to some of the other races it felt a lot closer than has often been the case this year.
Cheers, Harry
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

The roar from the crowd at the start when Lando went into the lead was pretty cool
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
mik

Post by mik »

I forgot that it’s one of the races that C4 is allowed to show live, so didn’t watch it :lol: doh
Marv

Post by Marv »

Started watching the race just as Magnussens engine broke and the safety car came out. Some very enjoyable racing! Nice to see Norris, Piastri and Albon doing really well.
Oui, je suis un motard.