Mortgages

Broccers

Re: Mortgages

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:50 pm
Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:29 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:48 am The good news is that the banks are passing on the rates to savers, my ISA (NatWest) has gone from 2.53% to 2.63% which is £1 per year per thousand which does feel very so slightly disproportionate.
You're clearly thick as fuck.

Do a Google.

Prick
do we have drunken Broccers back again?
Im on ignore 😂
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:03 pm
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:31 pm Chase have put their savings rate up 0.5% already. 3.3 to 3.8% IIRC. Pretty sure the rate on my HSBC savings acct is <2%.
Chase is a compelling product. All my day to day spending is through Chase and my savings are in there too. I've kept my Barclays account for my salary and a couple of minor DDs but 1% cashback, 5% on round ups plus 3.8% on my savings can't be beat at the moment.
I only signed up this week as I wanted an account that has no fees abroad - we're off to Sweden this year so the cards will be hammered a lot given they're virtually cashless.

But yeah, the rates are very compelling. Using it as a spends for now with the roundup account and savings to kne side, keeping my HSBC as my main account
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Broccers wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:29 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:48 am The good news is that the banks are passing on the rates to savers, my ISA (NatWest) has gone from 2.53% to 2.63% which is £1 per year per thousand which does feel very so slightly disproportionate.
You're clearly thick as fuck.

Do a Google.

Prick
Irony :lol:
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:50 pm do we have drunken Broccers back again?
Every Friday, late afternoon / early evening. He’s reliable.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:45 am
Do you two have some sort of bumchum relationship? Bonkers.

As for the actual topic, it'll be the end of next week before any increases in savings coming through.

I've been talking about this with my friends as most don't have mortgages but I also know people with 500k plus of debt which must be a bit of a pinch if rates stay at this level for a while.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Back to the actual topic after being a cunt for no reason again? :lol:
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:49 pm Back to the actual topic after being a cunt for no reason again? :lol:
Here he is. No input as usual.

It must be obvious how easy it is to wind some of you up. I really wouldn't reply to me 😂
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

What’s sadder, getting steaming and being a dick on a tiny forum or laughing at that person?
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:43 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:45 am
Do you two have some sort of bumchum relationship? Bonkers.
we just share a common understanding of basic social interactions and not being a cunt online.
Beany

Post by Beany »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm What’s sadder, getting steaming and being a dick on a tiny forum or laughing at that person?
Evergreen when it comes to Broccers
RentFree.jpg
RentFree.jpg (102.87 KiB) Viewed 664 times
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:55 pm What’s sadder, getting steaming and being a dick on a tiny forum or laughing at that person?
Got a mortgage yet?

The subject is Mortgages.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:51 pm It must be obvious how easy it is to wind some of you up. I really wouldn't reply to me 😂
Why did you bother coming back, Mr self-confessed troll?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:22 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 12:51 pm It must be obvious how easy it is to wind some of you up. I really wouldn't reply to me 😂
Why do you reply?

Mostly a few of you ruin threads with zero contributions or in your case so far off the mark posts with little apology.

As for the actual subject, might get a bit worse than better later this year.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Broccers wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 9:23 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:22 pm
Why do you reply?

Mostly a few of you ruin threads with zero contributions or in your case so far off the mark posts with little apology.

As for the actual subject, might get a bit worse than better later this year.
Blimey, a prediction from Mr zero-content. Which, weirdly, is the same as mine above 😂
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

I'm looking for a new deal and am seriously tempted by a tracker this time around. What are people thinking at the moment?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I guess it depends on your risk appetite, how much variability you can stomach, and the size of the mortgage. As mentioned before we paid to get out early and did a long fix, but that's from a very different point in life to yours. If we didn't have children (ignoring that we could have paid down a much larger proportion of the mortgage) I'd have been tempted to take a riskier approach if the numbers looked more favourable.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 10:29 am I'm looking for a new deal and am seriously tempted by a tracker this time around. What are people thinking at the moment?
Depends how much it is. If it's the same price currently as a 2yr fix, there's no point - rates are bound to go up another .25% or .5% and I doubt they'll come back down quickly.

Just had a quick look at deals available if I were remortgaging and the cheapest on a 2yr deal are a 4.3% 2yr discounted tracker or 5.64% 2yr fix. If they come out similarly for you, there's got to be temptation in the tracker deal; the base rate is going to have to go up 1.5% more (which is quite possible) to be more expensive. Current predictions are for the base rate to peak at about 6% at the end of this year before falling slowly. If it peaked there and didn't fall, you'd still have a cheaper deal.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

If I was in the market now, I'd probably for a shorter (1-2 year) fixed deal in the hope that the rates would have done all their fluctuating by then, but at least in the meantime I'd know what I'd be paying.

Overall though, it's pretty simple maths, if you think it'll go up - fix, if you think it'll go down - don't.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

That is essentially my situation @jobbo plus it’s a relatively small mortgage so fluctuations aren’t going to bankrupt me. The idea of fixing a high rate for 2 years feels like it could result in paying a premium for the consistency. @DeskJockey good point, I don’t have kids or anyone else to worry about so can manage the riskier approach.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

We fixed for 3 years recently.

The difference between 3 and 5 year fixed was negligible and, as Jobbo said I think rates will continue to rise and not fall as quickly so a 2 year deal seemed a little risky.

3 years was a good compromise - for 5.09% but that was before the most recent 0.5% raise in the Base Rate
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…