Re: Overdue service?

Post by 240PP »

GG. wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 8:13 pm
That wiper is really bothering me.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:36 am That’s quite a few small points which make it not right - though black wheels would kill it for me immediately 😂
I agree with him. Far too much compromise.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Delphi wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:12 am bigger tyre bills
I don't think that's necessarily true - sharing the torque between the tyres differently means it may wear the rears less and fronts more, but overall it shouldn't be any different.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Delphi wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:12 am Sounds like you're having a similar problem to me when I was trying to find a decent Boxster. Is that Basalt Black like my 987? Stunning colour, especially in the sunlight but an absolute fucker to keep clean and will show every little imperfection/stone chip.
No its not Basalt but Jet Black Metallic. Still metallic but perhaps less metal flake than Basalt apparently.

Atlas Grey a lot of people mistook for black and also showed all marks too so I'm kind of used to that to be honest. Never really had silver/light coloured cars that disguise things well.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:21 pm
Delphi wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:12 am bigger tyre bills
I don't think that's necessarily true - sharing the torque between the tyres differently means it may wear the rears less and fronts more, but overall it shouldn't be any different.
I think the rears on the 4WD cars are 305s not 295s so some incremental cost for that - I had a quick squizz last night and seemed to be suggesting rears were over £400 each :shock:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:33 pm
Jobbo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 6:36 am That’s quite a few small points which make it not right - though black wheels would kill it for me immediately 😂
I agree with him. Far too much compromise.
Hmmm. Most of the compromise is what bothers other people though not me (including the higher mileage). None of the colours is my ultimate preference so although I wasn't looking for Black its 6 of one half a dozen of the other.

If I keep if for ten years I'll probably say to fuck with the residual value and have it sprayed 993 Aventurine (seemingly not the same colour as 992) or forest green metallic like the editor of Total 911 did with his 996 (though went for Irish).
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

GG. wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:29 pm No its not Basalt but Jet Black Metallic. Still metallic but perhaps less metal flake than Basalt apparently.
Our soon to arrive Macan is Jet Black Metallic. We saw the colour on a Cayenne in the showroom and it has a lot of metal flake - I can't remember exactly what Basalt was like but from unreliable memory, it had less than Jet.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:47 pm
GG. wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 2:29 pm No its not Basalt but Jet Black Metallic. Still metallic but perhaps less metal flake than Basalt apparently.
Our soon to arrive Macan is Jet Black Metallic. We saw the colour on a Cayenne in the showroom and it has a lot of metal flake - I can't remember exactly what Basalt was like but from unreliable memory, it had less than Jet.
OK great. I'm a sucker for the metal flake.

I do also agree that the matt black wheels are only so-so (but I love the design of them). I think I'd probably have the redone in grigio grey - my dad has that on his FF (also a black car) and looks better than the black on black wheels Maser GT he had before it.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Having just had a look at 991.1 GTSs on the approved used site, I can see what you mean about being picky - there isn't much to choose between. However, the black one you've posted says it has had one owner whereas the other two have had 4; I'd always prefer the one owner car to a 4-owner one. It'll be obvious enough if the owner treated it well.

Reminds me of the fake used Aston advert:
GG.

Post by GG. »

Jobbo wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:04 pm Having just had a look at 991.1 GTSs on the approved used site
Yes exactly! Of the three for sale if I could have the exterior colour and mileage/condition of the Grey one with the interior of the Carmine Red one that would be perfect... :?

There are two agate ones for sale in the whole country - one with the red interior at Porsche and another one with perfect spec at Redline... er, other than its a cab.

Anyway - I'll stop boring everyone to tears with this.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

OK so I'm not going to start a new thread for this or do the customary "guess the car" game given this has been pretty thoroughly telegraphed...

BUT - today was a pretty exciting day nonetheless as I picked up the 991.1 Carrera 4 GTS I posted about here previously. :D I went to see the car a couple of weeks ago and was a fan of the Jet Black Metallic much more than I thought I would be. I also much prefer the full leather interior to the Alcantara - sod what everybody else thinks!!

The biggest potential hiccup was actually that the headlights have some cracking/crazing in the UV layer (worse on the passenger side) - apparently this is a very common (almost ubiquitous) 991 issue... It also has the fancy pants PDLS plus lights so even more expensive than usual. Anyway, long story short they are contributing 1/3 to the cost and giving me a trade price on replacing them which looks to be only a little over half what they are listed at online. I'm actually very pleased with that as I've seen lots of other low mileage 991s with similar issues so garage queens suffer as well.

Porsche Guildford were fantastic all round - they treated the pick up as they would a brand new car delivery with handover, complimentary wine and flowers and even threw in a model Porsche 961 race car for the boy and a full tank of V Power to boot. Highly recommended.

Last couple are from the test drive a couple of weeks ago and prior to the car being detailed - they did a good job!

Oh there was a variety of tasty machinery in there too - GT4 RS, 911 Dakar and last time I went in, a 2.7RS and 992 GT3 RS.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Let me be the first to say it - how much is the insurance ? ;)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Nice. Do you get to keep the old lights? I bet they’d still be worth a good few quid!
Cheers, Harry
GG.

Post by GG. »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:00 pm Let me be the first to say it - how much is the insurance ? ;)
Expensive still - but much less than the RR!!

Considerably more than the 997 though. I think the problem is that new Porsche models are much more heavily VAG dependent on all their systems so the kit that nicks RS4s can likely be used on a 991. Anyway - it has a tracker and immobiliser already installed - hence why I had to take a day off to collect as it was the only day the installer was free!
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

That'll look great on silver wheels!
GG.

Post by GG. »

integrale_evo wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:01 pm Nice. Do you get to keep the old lights? I bet they’d still be worth a good few quid!
Yes absolutely - I made sure I get the old ones. Even if I don't sell them it would be good to have spares.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Great purchase, congrats!
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Nice one, I’m with you on preferring leather over alcantara.
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Congrats on getting your toy!
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away