No F1 thread?

Mito Man

Re: No F1 thread?

Post by Mito Man »

And they’re back again…
I guess if no other team has copied your idea after 2 years it must be rubbish!
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Hopefully they'll work and give them enough of a boost to challenge at the top.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 am
What idea? :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

mik wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:14 am
Mito Man wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:15 am
What idea? :?
Zero side pod design.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

I'm enjoying Alonso MKII, I was never a fan before but his attitude seems different now. Hope he beats Verstappen off the line.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:26 am I'm enjoying Alonso MKII, I was never a fan before but his attitude seems different now. Hope he beats Verstappen off the line.
Me too. It'd be great to see Alonso win. In fact, anyone but Verstappen 😂
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Ha ha ha, and the race was so interesting nobody even posted about it! Sums up Monaco, quali was good though.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Gavin wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:47 am Ha ha ha, and the race was so interesting nobody even posted about it! Sums up Monaco, quali was good though.
I thought it was worth watching for the rain alone. I think that the cars are now too big for the circuit but there is still something special about this race.
mik

Post by mik »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:09 am I think that the cars are now too big for the circuit but there is still something special about this race.
I watched 5 mins of the C4 highlights - mainly cos the cars were struggling for grip with the rain - good viewing - but I had the same thought in relation to the car size. With that backdrop they look every bit as enormous as they have become. :?

I get that there is some romance associated with Monaco, and I am sure it is immensely challenging as a driver, but it's always a processional bore-fest for spectators. I'd happily see it dropped.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

There was a hope that a non Red Bull car would win when the downpour started but other than that it was shit.

Monaco is hilarious - you’ve got F1 with it’s net zero bollocks going on showing a harbour packed with yachts and they kept zooming on this particular one with a F40 parked on it which is owned by a Russian politician.
Then the awkward podium ceremony with the usual Prince and his miserable looking imprisoned wife. Pure gold.
And they still can’t afford barriers so the race officials hold hands whilst the drivers awkwardly hug their team through them 😂

Monaco - Toto’s Cirque de Soleil comment might as well apply to the whole event.
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I completely agree with all of this re Monaco and at the same time nostalgia eats away at the logic.
mik

Post by mik »

Arf :D

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

:lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

mik wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:34 am Arf :D

Exactly what I opened this thread to post. Wonderful :lol:
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

No wonder the Williams is considered a slippery car but lacking in downforce - they’ve barely bothered with the floor there!

Mind you even the Mercedes looked a few years behind the Red Bull in terms of complexity.
Marv

Post by Marv »

Mito Man wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 1:37 pm No wonder the Williams is considered a slippery car but lacking in downforce - they’ve barely bothered with the floor there!

Mind you even the Mercedes looked a few years of catering budget behind the Red Bull in terms of complexity.
EFA :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That was an excellent race! Watched on my phone while at the T20 cricket in Canterbury (Kent lost by one run to Surrey).
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

I don’t understand why Max’s 1st corner line at the race start is acceptable now in F1. Sainz is ahead entering the corner, but of course he backs out of it as it’s the norm now in F1 to leave no room and just run your opponents off the road.

I still see drivers giving a cars space in other series - which makes it far more exciting.

(Edit : won’t embed, but you can click the “watch in YouTube” link to see)

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If they were to have touched, and Sainz had enough damage then Max would have probably received a 5 second penalty as you have to leave a cars width if an opponent is alongside - although these rules are less strict on lap 1.
I like George and Lewis as they’ll happily clash wheels with Max rather than get bullied.

I thought the race was pretty uneventful otherwise. Nice to see the Mercedes upgrades work and the new (or is that old) track layout was better.
What happened to Ferrari and Aston - nowhere today.