F1 - Monaco poll

Should Monaco remain in the F1 calendar?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:22 am

1. It should remain. It’s romantic. Special. Unique. Sqkweee.
18%
2. It should be dropped. It’s a bit of a joke circuit now. Replace with a real circuit.
53%
3. It doesn’t really work, but there is something about it. Maybe do Monaco every leap-year only?
6%
4. They should make it a 5 lap race on cycles, with 3-man teams (2 drivers plus team principals). Last team member to cross the line dictates team position/points.
No votes
5. As above but team members are allowed to dismount and beat up members of other teams. No weapons.
No votes
6. With weapons.
6%
7. And bonus points for any attack on either Verstappen or Horner.
12%
8. Replace with a new circuit where cars run inverted for part of the lap. They have the downforce.
No votes
9. Replace with a new circuit where cars run inverted for the full lap except pits They have the downforce.
No votes
10. Replace with F1 space battle.
6%

Total votes: 17

mik

F1 - Monaco poll

Post by mik »

I don't think I can do a poll unless I type something in this box :?:
Last edited by mik on Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dinny_g

Re: F1 - Monaco poll

Post by dinny_g »

11. Replace it with an Exhibition Weekend where current drivers drive short, 20 lap races driving the cars from yesteryear - Verstappen racing Hamilton in Jim Clarke Era Lotus's would be epic. Then after lunch, 6 wheel Tyrrell's, and at the end of the day, 90's cars with all their jiggerypokery . (*)

All proceeds from the weekend go to Charity

This will never happen due to insurance, value of the cars, teams not wanting their driver driving another teams cars etc.

Would be pretty cool though...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

12. Make the cars smaller again :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am 12. Make the cars smaller again :lol:
That but there's no clean overtakes in F2 or F3 either so just stick them in go karts.
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Call it a hill climb and have a full day of balls out, fast as you can, kiss every wall flat out laps
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Note that it is a "team principal" (option 4). I think it should be dropped. I missed the entire thing due to camping and don't care, because it is never a good watch.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Wilspeed

Post by Wilspeed »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:45 am 11. Replace it with an Exhibition Weekend where current drivers drive short, 20 lap races driving the cars from yesteryear

This will never happen due to insurance, value of the cars, teams not wanting their driver driving another teams cars etc.

Would be pretty cool though...
Use the cars from my good friends at Classic Racing School instead, sorted. https://www.classicracinggroup.com/en/f ... nces-home/

Cunt.
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm Note that it is a "team principal" (option 4).
As English isn’t your first language, I guess you don’t always take the opportunity to correct stupid people for whom English IS their first language, but I accept that - on this occasion - it was a matter of principal.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

mik wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:22 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:17 pm Note that it is a "team principal" (option 4).
As English isn’t your first language, I guess you don’t always take the opportunity to correct stupid people for whom English IS their first language, but I accept that - on this occasion - it was a matter of principal.
I shall refrain from commenting on your inchoate grasp of your native tongue.

The principal/principle confusion is a pet peeve, especially when it is in job titles.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:37 pm
I shall refrain from commenting on your inchoate grasp of your native tongue.
My education was not sufficiently affective.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

He’s from Scotland, they barely speak anything remotely understandable up there
NGRhodes

Post by NGRhodes »

Make it an F1 full lap hill climb.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:22 pm
MikeHunt wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am 12. Make the cars smaller again :lol:
That but there's no clean overtakes in F2 or F3 either so just stick them in go karts.
Ah, that's a shame, I would've jumped on the "Fix the cars not the circuits" bandwagon otherwise.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The simplest thing is to bin the Nouvelle chicane and have a DRS just after the bend in the tunnel but then you’d have cars going 200mph which may also be bad.
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 pm The simplest thing is to bin the Nouvelle chicane and have a DRS just after the bend in the tunnel but then you’d have cars going 200mph which may also be bad.
There was talk about turning left at Portier and heading away from the tunnel, round the roundabout and back down to tabac with the Nouvelle chicane removed. The problem is that you would have cars running towards a brick wall at 200mph.

There are also plans to redevelop the harbour and reclaim some land from the sea between portier and the chicane but that's gone quiet.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

They are reclaiming land from the area just before the tunnel entrance so maybe they can do something there to improve it, however I reckon even if they can improve it they won't because they want the track to remain as faithful to the original as possible. Moving the swimming pool would also open things up...