Weekend thread

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Re: Weekend thread

Post by Jobbo »

John wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 10:52 am My weekend has already started in sunny (for once) Cornwall. We spent the first half of the week in Sennen Cove and have now moved further north, went out for a ride yesterday evening.

I recognise the Camelot Castle Hotel in that photo - do make sure you read the reviews of John Mappin and Ted Stourton and their scientology weirdness if you're tempted to pop in. I didnt go to see the Light Box but did see one of the rooms; minging :lol:
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

I’m going to sit with my leg up and feel sorry for myself. Got massively inflamed bursitis in my right knee that’s got a raging infection going on inside it. Absolute agony
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:50 am
Monday, not sure as kids are back at school,
Isn't it half term and a bank holiday?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

I got home yesterday so….

Pub tonight with the wife, kids and dogs. Mooch in there till it gets chilly.

Tomorrow a mate is collecting a 700bp 511ci Chevrolet of some sort so I’ll be towing it back on a trailer. Should be a nice chilled morning with a steady drive.

Saturday evening a birthday dinner with the wife and kids and Sunday a day of cycling. Really looking forward to it all.

Dave!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

V8Granite wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 4:12 pm I got home yesterday so….

Pub tonight with the wife, kids and dogs. Mooch in there till it gets chilly.

Tomorrow a mate is collecting a 700bp 511ci Chevrolet of some sort so I’ll be towing it back on a trailer. Should be a nice chilled morning with a steady drive.

Saturday evening a birthday dinner with the wife and kids and Sunday a day of cycling. Really looking forward to it all.

Dave!
Happy birthday for tomorrow.

We're coming back from my 50th few weeks not doing much on Sunday. Weather at home looks glorious.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Today: work, bit of football
Tomorrow: run/gym then beers in Cheltenham
Sunday: beers in Cheltenham
Monday: might watch the cheese rolling
Barry

Post by Barry »

Friday:
Been up to the Lakes on the big bike today, traffic aside it was splendid. Windermere for coffee stop, up to Keswick and Honister and a big loop back. M6 fubar as per.

Saturday:
Over to Demon Tweeks to collect some bits for MattH.

Sunday:
Meet Matt, try to find a non traffic infested route to Anglesey. Drop bags at B&B, find curry.

Monday:
Anglesey track day. This would have been with YK, so we're determined to make the best of it.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Work has been pretty stressful so it is nice to get an extra day, but my mum's been in hospital since Thursday morning (nothing catastrophic as far as we know so far). The upshot of which is that we're looking after her awful dog, which will put a dampener on things. Also don't know when she'll need collecting.

Still:

Today - A bit of shopping for holiday, try to catch a look round the classic car meet in town, then over to a neighbour's house for food and drinks.

Sunday - Plan was to meet up with my sister/kids at my mum's so we'll see what happens with that. See them all in some capacity no doubt. Off to see my friends in the evening back home, no doubt a heavy evening.

Monday - Recover, try to give the impression of bring a good dad.:lol:

Not very restful, but plenty of booze should help take my mind off work! Nine more working days to avoid having a breakdown before holiday. :D
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Gavster wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:44 pm
Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:50 am Getting a new tattoo later today
Ooohhh what you getting? I was drawing new tattoo ideas on my arm in biro last night :lol:
It was an attractive blonde lady with tats and piercings who did it! Happily not Mel Smith :D Open rubick's cube with aurebesh letters saying "emily".
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

duncs500 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 am but my mum's been in hospital since Thursday morning (nothing catastrophic as far as we know so far).
Same here with my Dad… hope everything is ok with your Mum Duncs…🙏
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

dinny_g wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 7:52 am
duncs500 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 5:49 am but my mum's been in hospital since Thursday morning (nothing catastrophic as far as we know so far).
Same here with my Dad… hope everything is ok with your Mum Duncs…🙏
Cheers and likewise. It's the second time I've had to take her to A&E this year, she's just getting worse at taking care of herself TBH, and has a few niggly chronic conditions that she plays down to her GP until they get so bad she needs to go to hospital.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My dad just keeps it all to himself and never talks about his health. He’s been feeling unwell for months but spent 3 days worrying outside in the blazing sun at 79… without drinking any water…🙄

He has a bladder issue and possibly pneumonia too…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Very much a parent thing of that gereration Dinny, mines the same....

We're off to Bluestone next week - similar setup to Centreparks. Fcuk me it's expensive....thankfully 8 sharing brings the cost down, but still. I'll get told off by everyone for mentioning cost, so I'll have to do it on here instead.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Can confirm my dad used to do similar - shimmying up yacht masts in the rain and pullling muscles, using a cutting wheel on boat parts (when they're still on the boat, no vice, like..) and so on. Parents like that are a bloody liability :lol:

Fingers crossed for all your respective parents who make frustrating personal care decisions...been there, done that.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Work has been really busy (but good) so this is a nice chilled break for me and the fam. I'm smoking some ribs and pig cheeks at the moment and enjoying a Rosé in the sun. This weather would have been ace in Monaco last week!!

Rest of the weekend is quiet with some more bbqing. I'm even going to watch the F1
John

Post by John »

Moved on to Tewkesbury for a night, nice place.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

It's Feis week and Bruichladdich day tomorrow so it's been a full-on week getting pos/fibre/signage ready. Early start tomorrow to put all the kit out. Monday will be clear down too, but looking forward to getting the time back later. The after party for staff is supposed to be epic🤞
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Fyi, the ribs were epic and the pig cheeks were next level tasty!! 😁
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

John wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 6:05 pm Moved on to Tewkesbury for a night, nice place.
We’re 10 mins away - I assume you’re not staying long but do try the ice cream cottage if you’re around tomorrow.
John

Post by John »

We’re setting off home early tomorrow but we’ll almost certainly call here again.