Scottish Day Trip

Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Scottish Day Trip

Post by Ascender »

Been talking with @mik about a weekend day road trip in June, are any of the other Scottish contingent up for it or anyone further afield who might be up this way?

Suggestion was....

Glenshee > Lecht > Spean Bridge > Ft William w/The Secret Road
Cheers,

Mike.
Ascender

Re: Scottish Day Trip

Post by Ascender »

Tagging @scotta @mikeyb ...
Cheers,

Mike.
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

Count me in as a ‘maybe’ Mike. June is pretty busy and I’m only free a couple of weekends.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Can I join you? Sounds great. Scott and I can discuss politics 😂
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Happy to play the long game and go for July 😃 as well...
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

If I'd have had something decent I'd have been interested in this - been meaning to loop Scotland at some point. Alas, the Up isn't the car for it and I doubt the 4C replacement will be here by July.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Potential mid June could work.
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

oooo , assuming an open invitation, I could well fancy this if dates align.
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Definitely an open invitation @Gavin.

I'll let you know when tickets go on sale for the politics discussion - I'm thinking somewhere in Glencoe, combatants wearing kilts, a lump hammer each and they can have at it.
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm sans wheels so no drive but I'm definitely up for Glencoe hammer fest.
An absolute unit
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:51 am I'm sans wheels so no drive but I'm definitely up for Glencoe hammer fest.
Possibly one of the attendees can arrange to pick you up and you can passenger the different motors?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Gavin wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 11:59 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 11:51 am I'm sans wheels so no drive but I'm definitely up for Glencoe hammer fest.
Possibly one of the attendees can arrange to pick you up and you can passenger the different motors?
If anyone's open to that then yeah I would be up for it. No worries if not though, wouldn't want to impose.

I mostly just want in on the secret road :laugh:
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

Where do you stay @ZedLeg ?
Cheers,

Mike.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Southside of Glasgow but I don't mind travelling to somewhere more convenient if anyone's going through Glasgow on the way.
An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

I'll be heading through from that side and passengers are good, but I'm currently waiting to hear back from @Brian_T as he is sometimes up for a run but isn't necessarily up for a day of driving.

edit: there is the possibility of exploring the 2+2 capability of the Evora of course - if you are feeling particularly foldy. ;)
Brian_T

Post by Brian_T »

mik wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:15 pm I'll be heading through from that side and passengers are good, but I'm currently waiting to hear back from @Brian_T as he is sometimes up for a run but isn't necessarily up for a day of driving.

edit: there is the possibility of exploring the 2+2 capability of the Evora of course - if you are feeling particularly foldy. ;)
You rang, m’lord? 😆

Would love a day of driving, but in no way able at the moment. Quite busy in the first half of the month but free the weekends of the 17th/24th.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m 6’4” Mik, I don’t think I’m getting in the back of an Evora without removing bones :lol:

Like I say, it would be nice to put some faces to names after all this time but if the logistics don’t work it’s no worries.
An absolute unit
Ascender

Post by Ascender »

mik wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 1:15 pm I'll be heading through from that side and passengers are good, but I'm currently waiting to hear back from @Brian_T as he is sometimes up for a run but isn't necessarily up for a day of driving.

Reminds me of when we used to use the M Coupe to go places with someone in the boot hidden under the load cover.
Cheers,

Mike.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Would be keen on this but Scotchland is a long auld drive from here and therefore not really possible in just a weekend.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Ascender wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:19 pm

Reminds me of when we used to use the M Coupe to go places with someone in the boot hidden under the load cover.
Lol same although I clipped a kerb with a 3rd person in and destroyed a wheel in a watch this moment. He wasn't impressed.

Scottish trip looking exciting!