Fly tippers.

nuttinnew

Fly tippers.

Post by nuttinnew »

The scum have dumped building waste in the lane :evil:
I stopped to move some of it to make it more easily passable and found various bits of wood with nails poking through :evil:
It's going to be a pita to clear because there's lots more down in the verge, the lane will probably have to be closed while it's done.
Explosive Newt

Re: Fly tippers.

Post by Explosive Newt »

Wankers.

Any way of CCTV coverage?

Is it is worth reporting to the cops? Someone near us was a victim of similar and got caught by virtue of a receipt in the junk along with fingerprints.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Explosive Newt wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:28 pm Wankers.

Any way of CCTV coverage?

Is it is worth reporting to the cops? Someone near us was a victim of similar and got caught by virtue of a receipt in the junk along with fingerprints.
police wouldn't do anything anyway. I've seen YouTube videos of these wankers being caught in the act, clearly identifiable and still not followed up on by the police.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

A couple of fly-tippers who did it near us have been prosecuted. Depends on your local authority and their will to do it.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 1:49 pm A couple of fly-tippers who did it near us have been prosecuted. Depends on your local authority and their will to do it.
glad to hear - proper scum.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Police will claim it’s a civil matter. Best option is to have a good look for receipts or mail with details on it
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Little chance of cctv I think but good point about paperwork with i.d. The council here are pretty good with that, I think they go through everything they have to clear up and have certainly prosecuted people in the past.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

The biggest factor is if they’re from a certain ethnic background or not.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

jamcg wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 6:55 pm Police will claim it’s a civil matter.
If it’s on the highway it certainly is criminal.

Always worth reporting - each local authority has its own way to do so, usually online. Start here if you aren’t sure: https://www.gov.uk/report-flytipping
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:14 pm
Not disagreeing, my mam lives in an area dominated by old Victorian terrace housing- she’s in an end terrace and always has rubbish dumped at the side of her house. You can always tell when a tenant has moved out because the landlords do a house clearance and it all ends up outside her house

Police don’t care, bin men used to get rid of it all or at least report it back to base. Now it’s up to Mam to report it to get anything done, and even then it’s just they come and get it

Edit- it happens so frequently a cctv camera would probably have paid for itself by now

I should add we had the fire brigade out a couple of years back because a pile left against her house got set on fire
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

My entire borough is a fly tip and I hate it, crap gets dumped on my street every single week. One woman has begun to graffiti the mattresses that are dumped, out of protest. And why is it always mattresses? Can't wait to move somewhere else.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:14 pm

Always worth reporting - each local authority has its own way to do so, usually online. Start here if you aren’t sure: https://www.gov.uk/report-flytipping
Forgot to add; yep, done (by someone else before me), and there's now a council aware sticker on it so it'll be gone in no time.