Decent car YouTubes

teacherboy

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by teacherboy »

Hoovies latest isn't so bad in terms of content, he does look broken at end however and does say he's taking the lifts etc as he is on a deadline.
Does also say that he is almost over the finish line....... bigger house maybe and speculation about divorce but who knows?

Wasn't aware Tavarish had separated - you'd think that the lifestyles Hoovie / Tavarish can give their wives etc etc would be good enough!

But what do i know???

My wife is a divorce lawyer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I figure that financially those buying really cheap high end cars youtube guys are always walking a tightrope, those cheap cars are expensive to fix and they have to churn through them for content. I'd bet that they aren't as secure as you might think.
An absolute unit
Holley

Post by Holley »

Over work could be a factor. Always filming, editing and creating new content and not much family time. Listened to a few you tubers that have mentioned this is a problem and you'd be surprised how much work goes into a 10 minute video.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Holley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:21 pm Over work could be a factor. Always filming, editing and creating new content and not much family time. Listened to a few you tubers that have mentioned this is a problem and you'd be surprised how much work goes into a 10 minute video.
Aye, there's a few folk who've cut right back on the amount they make to get some personal time back.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

It's a job. If you want to earn lots and be successful in any job you have to work hard.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Holley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 3:21 pm Over work could be a factor. Always filming, editing and creating new content and not much family time. Listened to a few you tubers that have mentioned this is a problem and you'd be surprised how much work goes into a 10 minute video.
Creating content is weirdly all-consuming and borderline obsessive, it really gets into every part of your life, because it usually starts as a hobby which we do in our spare time, and then spreads into work time as we monetise it. Our worth as content creators is largely tied to how consistently we can churn out high-quality content AND develop new ideas at the same time. I can easily spend all day researching, scripting, filming, editing etc and then spend the evening learning new skills like After Effects or trying out new ideas. I've also started to hang out with other TikTokers now too, so it's found it's way into my social life too :lol:
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

teacherboy wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:29 pm Hoovies latest isn't so bad in terms of content, he does look broken at end however and does say he's taking the lifts etc as he is on a deadline.
Does also say that he is almost over the finish line....... bigger house maybe and speculation about divorce but who knows?

Wasn't aware Tavarish had separated - you'd think that the lifestyles Hoovie / Tavarish can give their wives etc etc would be good enough!

But what do i know???

My wife is a divorce lawyer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Someone in the comments said that his wife has filed for divorce and kicked him out. I hope he had a good pre-nup.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gavster wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:52 pm
Creating content is weirdly all-consuming and borderline obsessive, it really gets into every part of your life, because it usually starts as a hobby which we do in our spare time, and then spreads into work time as we monetise it. Our worth as content creators is largely tied to how consistently we can churn out high-quality content AND develop new ideas at the same time. I can easily spend all day researching, scripting, filming, editing etc and then spend the evening learning new skills like After Effects or trying out new ideas. I've also started to hang out with other TikTokers now too, so it's found it's way into my social life too :lol:
YouTube strikes me as favouring new content over good content. There’s loads of stuff on there which is really great but now I’ve been watching things for a few years, it just churns out suggestions which are the latest video from from the same channels. I’ve watched less as a result.

I wonder how much Colin Furze makes now he uploads less frequently? And whether he gets many views for his old stuff which was really quite unique.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:56 pm
YouTube strikes me as favouring new content over good content. There’s loads of stuff on there which is really great but now I’ve been watching things for a few years, it just churns out suggestions which are the latest video from from the same channels. I’ve watched less as a result.

I wonder how much Colin Furze makes now he uploads less frequently? And whether he gets many views for his old stuff which was really quite unique.
it's in their interest to promote new stuff, you'll rapidly lose viewers if they ignore new content and only get old stuff they've already seen. I actually think the YT recommendations are spot on more than not.

when I first discovered CF, I ended up watching his whole back catalogue too. he definitely prioritises quality over quantity now, but the early stuff was great still because he was clearly giving it all to just make it work rather than now he makes things perfect.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

He seems to get anywhere from 1-10M views per video, which is very strong. According to Social Blade he's had nearly 8 million views in the last 30 days. We can't find out exactly what CPM he gets (cost per mille) for advert impressions as it constantly changes, however if we assumed £3 we can work out roughly (could easily be higher, depending on what's being advertised). It's possible he gets a CPM as high as £5-6 on a good day, and possibly a bit lower on a bad day.

8,000,000/1000*£3 = £24,000
-45% YT commission = £13,200 paid out to Colin for one month.

If he gets a good sponsor for a video, they should be paying him a LOT of cash. There's no set scale, but easily 10s of thousands. He likely makes more from brand deals than from YT ad revenue and could be earning £250k+ a year from his channel.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I thought he’d earn more than that but my logic is probably flawed. You’ve got YouTube channels like LTT with what looks like 1-3 million views per video recently. I remember watching an office tour video of there a while ago and it seemed like they had over 20 people working for them and an entire warehouse. They must be selling a lot of crap overpriced merch!
You do get the odd channel like that with loads of employees which makes me wonder how the numbers work out.

Probably better off staying as a small 1-3 man band tbh!
How about not having a sig at all?
Simon

Post by Simon »

The thing is that what you get from adsense all depends on what type of ads are put before/in your vids. If you are a financial channel and so get financial ads in them then you get the highest revenue per thousand of all the ad types. I'm not sure what ads Furze gets as I'm on premium so don't see them but I doubt they're financial ads.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:37 pm

He seems to get anywhere from 1-10M views per video, which is very strong. According to Social Blade he's had nearly 8 million views in the last 30 days. We can't find out exactly what CPM he gets (cost per mille) for advert impressions as it constantly changes, however if we assumed £3 we can work out roughly (could easily be higher, depending on what's being advertised). It's possible he gets a CPM as high as £5-6 on a good day, and possibly a bit lower on a bad day.

8,000,000/1000*£3 = £24,000
-45% YT commission = £13,200 paid out to Colin for one month.

If he gets a good sponsor for a video, they should be paying him a LOT of cash. There's no set scale, but easily 10s of thousands. He likely makes more from brand deals than from YT ad revenue and could be earning £250k+ a year from his channel.
he's only done one new video in the last 3 months though, so 8m views is well down I expect on his full strength monthly potential.

He has 1.5billion views overall...
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Also it's worth noting turnover is not what he earns.

Turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 8:54 pm I thought he’d earn more than that but my logic is probably flawed. You’ve got YouTube channels like LTT with what looks like 1-3 million views per video recently. I remember watching an office tour video of there a while ago and it seemed like they had over 20 people working for them and an entire warehouse. They must be selling a lot of crap overpriced merch!
You do get the odd channel like that with loads of employees which makes me wonder how the numbers work out.

Probably better off staying as a small 1-3 man band tbh!
He might earn a lot more than that, because YT income varies hugely, so it's very hard to make accurate predictions. I know the guys at Sorted Food who have 2.68m subs and 11 million views in the last 30 days. They do all their filming in their own generously sized studio in E1 with small offices attached, and definitely have around 6-8 members of staff, in addition to the three main guys. They're obviously bringing in waayyy more than £20k a month to pay the rent and salaries! But they also do a subscriber-only podcast, recipe books, merch etc etc too and negotiate sponsored posts with some very wealthy businesses.
Simon wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:08 pm The thing is that what you get from adsense all depends on what type of ads are put before/in your vids. If you are a financial channel and so get financial ads in them then you get the highest revenue per thousand of all the ad types. I'm not sure what ads Furze gets as I'm on premium so don't see them but I doubt they're financial ads.
Funny that you should bring that up, it's reminded me that Furze was sponsored by a financial exchange in his videos sometime around 2020/21, so there's a chance he might have picked up some higher CPM ads too. It's so complex because it depends how many ads you have, how long people watch and another factor is the location of your audience, e.g. the CPM for Indian viewers is far lower than for US viewers.
Rich B wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:12 pm
he's only done one new video in the last 3 months though, so 8m views is well down I expect on his full strength monthly potential.

He has 1.5billion views overall...
Good point, also YouTube ad revenue also used to pay a vast amount more than they do now, if you go back to around 2018 and earlier (and he's been on there over a decade IIRC). I think originally they started paying out ad revenue as soon as you hit just 50k views on a video :lol:

Using the previous calcuation:
1,500,000,000/1000*£3 = £4,500,000 * 0.55 = £2,475,000 as a bare minimum from just ad revenue over the life of his channel.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Some interesting videos with good pacing and knowledge.. F430/F355/E63 and others
Cheers,

Ian
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

This is genuinely the first ev I’ve seen and thought ‘want’
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ah! Istr him mentioning those in the past sometime 8-)
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

jamcg wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:29 pm

This is genuinely the first ev I’ve seen and thought ‘want’
Really? Unless you have a business to promote why? Also, did they mention how much its going to cost?
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

I occasionally watch the Dennis Collins channel and coincidentally he's offloading a load of stuff he's been hoarding. Hopefully just realised he's never going to get around to renovating some of the rougher stuff rather than ill health etc. 200+ cars though :shock: