Harry’s Garage

Broccers

Re: Harry’s Garage

Post by Broccers »

The audi rs6 vid was brill. Enjoyed it.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Has he mentioned the NSU in the background of the RS6 video anywhere?

Looks like the garage has been busy recently.
An absolute unit
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

The FFRR is an interesting car. I imagine the majority are bought through company schemes, with the wheel choice taking it from 5% to 8% with 69 mile range on elec only if you spec any decent wheels, (the RRS gives better options and achieves 70 miles with bigger wheels - guess it’s just a little slipperier as it’s just a different body on the same chassis/hybrid system.) The hybrids get 4ws as standard which is a very useful addition also. So the comparison with the D350 isn’t that simple.

SV was previously SV Autobiography - SVO is special vehicle operations, but they seem to have changed it to a trim level like M-lite etc 🥴

I spec’d up a couple last week (both FFRR AND RRS) as we’ve got a new car scheme available from this month.. elec cars were on my “no” list but the cost saving is significant so will look again, again 🙄
Cheers,

Ian
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

XJC finally finished - the last ten mins are Harry driving it and it looks and sounds absolutely tremendous
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I posted this on PH, but I thought it sounded better before:

I do love it, though I’m not sure I understand the engine stuff. Tom Lenthall rebuilt it first, didn’t he? I thought he’d done work to it rather than just rebuild as is. So the dunk stuff and base power level they were working from should have been higher than the standard 285bhp, I’d have thought.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

I'm not sure which I prefer - I think each suits the state of tune at the time - as long as the current one isn't too loud.
We need another vid with the same spectators to compare their reaction;

I hope he's got something in mind to protect the bottom edge of the wings and rear arches.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

He'd refreshed it using its standard internals, standard ignition, injection system and all the period modifications.

Tom said on multiple occasions to ditch the standard ignition and injection system. He couldn't have been more clear on it.

At least the larger period throttle bodies were effective, Tom seemed surprised by that 😂

Car sounded crisp in the video. It would give the Cannonball Countach a run for its money in the sound stakes for the opening sequence.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The jag sounds great, but not sure it’s in keeping with the crusty old man car it’s in. Which kind of makes it cooler, but also a little strange :lol:
Cheers, Harry
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The Jag is the car you’d see behind you, think how nice it is to see one out and about and then smile as it blasts past you, old man driving and tasty blonde in the passenger seat.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

Harry's M4 CSL review :

£127k (before options) price tag. That's a lot of moany. :?

No rear seats - not a massive surprise as it seems to be a "look how extreme this car is!" feature these days, but they might have done more with netting or something to make it a useable space (?)

It's pretty fugly.

0-100mph in 6.9s is feckin' rapid (when it can find traction)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Does the CSL need xDrive? None of the reviews seem to complain that xDrive makes the other M3 variants less nice to drive.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Jobbo wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:12 am Does the CSL need xDrive? None of the reviews seem to complain that xDrive makes the other M3 variants less nice to drive.
If you're going to use the car all year round in the UK, I can't think of a single objective reason not to have XDrive on it - especially as it's switchable and configurable. I guess it's all about the weight penalty and how "extreme" this car is supposed to be. But a part of me thinks the lightweight ship has sailed some time ago for this sort of car.
Cheers,

Mike.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Clicked on this just to listen to it, but it turns out he's driving over some of my fave bike runs.. giving the secrets away.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

They've got to be intensely emotional memories, even Paul O'Grady didn't go back to Birkenhead :shock:
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Induction noise is just the best!

I think that’s close to the Countach and Testarossa in Harry’s cars I’d love to borrow for a day after that video.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

I wish Harry's constant hand shuffling on the wheel didn't annoy me so much. :?

Nice little thing to own that.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Enjoyed the NSU video, much prefer the weirdo classic videos to the new stuff.

Enjoyed the 911 video as well. I’m going to post that RSR any time someone moans about RWB from now on :lol:
An absolute unit