What's wrong with yours?

NotoriousREV

Re: What's wrong with yours?

Post by NotoriousREV »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am The mini has a slipping clutch and Kathryn's clio's drivers door lock is playing up.
These are both euphemisms, right?
Middle-aged Dirtbag
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

NotoriousREV wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 am The mini has a slipping clutch and Kathryn's clio's drivers door lock is playing up.
These are both euphemisms, right?
Sadly not.

Or possibly yes.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Well, a minor update to the original post -

Disco water pump now fixed. Drivers door still doesn't open on the central locking, but I can live with that.
Westfield is also now hot to trot - all the ECU-based map twiddling is finished, and it looks like a fresh set of plugs will sort the starting problem.
Clio wiper mechanism theoretically arrives tomorrow so that'll be sorted soon too.
Racecar is all sorted except for set-up and a brake bleed, but I won't worry about that until the week before the next race.

We're gradually getting back to a working stable of cars...
"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough"
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

New Cam sensors have solved the idle and pullaway issue on the E39, and seem to have restored a big chunk of torque :D
I have however managed to somehow simultaneously break the cruise control :evil:
Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers »

It is simply missing. Ordered it in September and still no delivery date.......all be it is apparently built.

Broker blames dealer, dealer blames importer and broker, importer blames dealer, broker and everyone else. Arse.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Markcoopers wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm It is simply missing. Ordered it in September and still no delivery date.......all be it is apparently built.

Broker blames dealer, dealer blames importer and broker, importer blames dealer, broker and everyone else. Arse.
One of my clients has several on order and is having the same issue!

Lot's of issues with the hybrids from BMW/Merc/VW from what BMW dealer was telling me (all models pulled). EU fuel consumption/CO2 testing is being changed as they don't "really" get 150mpg :lol: A friend has paid for a new 330e M Sport and it's been here a month, they won't let him have it and they keep feeding him some nonsense stories about why.

Merc have new Diesel and Petrol PHEV's coming in September/October for the C class update too so it may never come Mark. :o
Simon667

Post by Simon667 »

I'm having similar issues with the Golf GTE i have on order.

originally ordered 15/12/2017 - with a promised delivery of 29th April (when my VRS was originally due to go back)

VW order tracker has been delayed several times - latest estimate is build week 24 (week beginning 11th June 2018) with approx a month to delivery after that.

Rumours are abound that there is a chronic shortage of the VAG 1.4 TSI engine unit, the batteries specific to the GTE and E-Golf as well as the line suffering from quality control problems.

Saying that the reviews on the owner forums are pretty good. Fast 0-60 times along with some real world economy figures of between 80-90 MPG on an average commute if you charge at work and at home.
Richard

Post by Richard »

My golf has a bulb out. I could change it myself, but VW don’t charge labour on bulb changes, as long as you buy their 200% markup bulbs. Maybe worth it for the sake of grubby hands
Richard

Post by Richard »

Markcoopers wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 pm It is simply missing. Ordered it in September and still no delivery date.......all be it is apparently built.
I’m currently in a similar situation

Ordered new car, from a dealer, they said it’ll be delivered end of Feb, then end of March, then April(?), and yesterday I was emailed saying that it’s now on it’s way to the UK. So, that’s good, I guess

Luckily (and I’m guessing this is totally usual) my current lease people said I can keep my current car for as long as I want, and just pay at my current rate, which seems handy
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Integra - front windscreen washers have stopped working. (Yes the screenwash bottle is full :) )
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

The BMW's auto headlights seem overly keen to switch on and stay on. Driving to work this morning, bright sunshine, the lights stayed on all the way.

Yes, I could have turned them off, but I was curious to see if/when the car would figure it out. It didn't.

Then it worked fine (i.e. they stayed off) when I went out for lunch.

(this is separate to the DRLs)
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Coaster1 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 am Integra - front windscreen washers have stopped working. (Yes the screenwash bottle is full :) )
What a POS :lol: - a battery lead and now THIS?!

BURN IT.

:lol:
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

JLv3.0 wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:30 pm What a POS :lol: - a battery lead and now THIS?!

BURN IT.

:lol:
I’m going to buy a Fiat. Or Alfa Romeo.
Markcoopers

Post by Markcoopers »

McSwede wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Lot's of issues with the hybrids from BMW/Merc/VW from what BMW dealer was telling me (all models pulled). EU fuel consumption/CO2 testing is being changed as they don't "really" get 150mpg :lol: A friend has paid for a new 330e M Sport and it's been here a month, they won't let him have it and they keep feeding him some nonsense stories about why.

Merc have new Diesel and Petrol PHEV's coming in September/October for the C class update too so it may never come Mark. :o
Indeed, I was expecting some issues as I had previously purchased 3 for the last company, but they were through a dealer that did there best to keep us informed. That time it was simplycapacity vs volume sold. This time there has been the added complication of the batteries from Toyota being delayed while they scale up a “common” battery for both BMW and merc. Additionally this is a lease through a broker, whose order merc treat outside the dealer network meaning poor visibility of the status.
Still 2 weeks ago I was told at dealers between 20-15th April......we shall see.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Markcoopers wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 pm
McSwede wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:10 pm

Indeed, I was expecting some issues as I had previously purchased 3 for the last company, but they were through a dealer that did there best to keep us informed. That time it was simplycapacity vs volume sold. This time there has been the added complication of the batteries from Toyota being delayed while they scale up a “common” battery for both BMW and merc. Additionally this is a lease through a broker, whose order merc treat outside the dealer network meaning poor visibility of the status.
Still 2 weeks ago I was told at dealers between 20-15th April......we shall see.
Fingers crossed then.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Plugged the Panamera in last night (hybrid battery totally flat) and the bloody cooling fan came on (engine would have been quite cold by then)...which is something similar to what it was doing previously. Went off after about 10 seconds and it was fine this morning, but along with the air con which could be stronger (and blows warm out of one passenger vent) they can look at it when it goes in for a service, if not before.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Grrr...all is not as rosy in the Nef stable as I had previously thought.

After fixing the water pump in the disco, it has gradually started developing a worsening overheating problem. Pressurising the system and eventually blowing all the coolant out. The optimist in me hoped for some kind of airlock (evidenced by a non-working heater), so I tried bleeding from various different locations, parking on a steep hill, force-bleeeding with a hose, but it refused to play. I've been driving around for the last week with a domestic radiator valve fitted in place of one of the bleed screws - open and with a length of hose poking up through the bonnet! I eventually bit the bullet yesterday and conceded that it was the head, so had that off - was late by the time I finished, so haven't checked for warpage, but it's off for skimming today in any case. Hopefully all can go back together tonight/tomorrow, to be able to tow the trailer up to Knockhill for a trackday on Thursday. Ah, the fun of running an old shed...

Sadly, my tale of woe gets worse - I got home from my mammoth oil-wrestling session for Mrs. Nef to tell me the wipers in the Clio had failed *again*...despite an all new motor and mechanism. It's kinda slow and sticky rather than an outright failure, and I've got it sort of working again by removing the passenger side wiper. Will need to go looking for a trickier electrical problem - bad earth or *shudder* problem with the electronic control unit.

The funny thing is, I've been intermittently been using the TVR for longer journeys as the currently most reliable car in the fleet!
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

My other half pointed out to me that the rear driver's side passenger door on the V60 occasionally fails to unlock. A bit of research has revealed that this is a common problem on Volvos of this model year. Fortunately, we have a warranty so I'll book it into my local dealer to get sorted.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Vibration under braking but brakes check out ok. Suggestions from garage are a tyre that is worn more than the opposite side but I can't see how that would only manifest under braking and not all the time.
Nefarious

Post by Nefarious »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:32 pm Vibration under braking but brakes check out ok. Suggestions from garage are a tyre that is worn more than the opposite side but I can't see how that would only manifest under braking and not all the time.
Ball joint