Your fleet running reports

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Rich B »

Yep, doesn't make any more sense with that explanation...
Gavin
Currently Driving: Skoda Superb, R56 Cooper S

Post by Gavin »

Broccers wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:00 pm
Gavin wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:26 am
Broccers wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:05 pm :twisted:

Have you seen it? 😃

Good choice
I have seen it? :D Or is that for someone else. I will stick a post up on the faceache page as I know how to to that! If someone has the skillz to stick em on here somwhere that would bee great for the non FB users though.
First line question to Mik

Second line comment on your car.

What wheels has it got? Also has the haldex been done?
It has 18 inch Pretoria wheels (I think).

No, it bloody hasn't! Arsehole garage did a 60k service but didn't do Haldex or spark plugs. I have just emailed them as they are going to MOT it at some point over the coming week or two as they couldn't get it fitted in pre-pick up. I stupidly assumed when he said "full service" at 60k hat it had in fact, had one! Absolute shitehawks.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Gavin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:01 am

No, it bloody hasn't! Arsehole garage did a 60k service but didn't do Haldex or spark plugs. I have just emailed them as they are going to MOT it at some point over the coming week or two as they couldn't get it fitted in pre-pick up. I stupidly assumed when he said "full service" at 60k hat it had in fact, had one! Absolute shitehawks.
These ones? The snow reminded me when I got mine and with less than 25 miles on it I nearly slip into a ditch after accidentally finding slippyness in derbyshire. :shock: :lol:

Rich B

Post by Rich B »

No, they're the ugly standard wheels Pretoria are the nice ones. Just type it into google.

Have you seen them?
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Broccers wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:06 am
Gavin wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:01 am

These ones? The snow reminded me when I got mine and with less than 25 miles on it I nearly slip into a ditch after accidentally finding slippyness in derbyshire. :shock: :lol:

Not those, as Rich pointed out already. I haven't the IT skillz to put a picture up but mine are gloss black with black calipers, may change the caliper colour to something tarty though as it's a bit monochrome just now.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265695845103 ... 55f7974acd
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

I thought prets were 19 but didnt google as cba :D
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

Broccers wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:32 am I thought prets were 19 but didnt google as cba :D
fair point, I also thought Pretoria's were 19s..
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Rich B wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:39 am
Broccers wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:32 am I thought prets were 19 but didnt google as cba :D
fair point, I also thought Pretoria's were 19s..
Absolutely. When 18 mentioned I got confused. #facts

You really would know the diameter of your new cars wheels.
Last edited by Broccers on Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I went to view a Jag XJ L today. It turns out they're tiny :(

I went over in the Aston and was able to compare back to back. The Jag driving position was no better, possibly slightly less headroom, and a disappointingly limp seat. In the back I couldn't even sit up straight. That's another car firmly crossed off the list.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:21 pm I went to view a Jag XJ L today. It turns out they're tiny :(

I went over in the Aston and was able to compare back to back. The Jag driving position was no better, possibly slightly less headroom, and a disappointingly limp seat. In the back I couldn't even sit up straight. That's another car firmly crossed off the list.
Well with a large head these things are paramount.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's very disappointing as I like the look of them and was thinking that one day...
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Also why would you buy a car on the back seat space?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

DeskJockey wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:24 pm That's very disappointing as I like the look of them and was thinking that one day...
It was nice otherwise, so don't write it off without trying one in person.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Sundayjumper wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:35 pm
DeskJockey wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:24 pm That's very disappointing as I like the look of them and was thinking that one day...
It was nice otherwise, so don't write it off without trying one in person.
We're the same height you and I though, so chances I'd fit better are small. But, fair point.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Decent weekend tinkering, I was really enjoying being out in the sunshine on Saturday.

Decided to tackle the dreaded alternator bracket gasket on the x5 as I was getting noticeable oil spotting on the back after a decent run with a dirty but dry car.

But first - bonnet release.

Missing when I bought it, opened by pulling the stub of the cable with pliers 😅

Flappy handle came with the car, but new lower cable from bmw for a very reasonable £25 ( all the ones on eBay for £10 are for lhd cars, but they don’t tell you that…) and also got the missing bit of trim from bmw.

Now with the bonnet open I popped out the shabby looking silver grilles.
‘Titan line’ is the standard trim for the 4.8, but I’ve always thought it looked weird against the blue when the rest of the trim is blue or black. So I gave them a rub down and paint, leaving them to dry while I carried on with other jobs.

Engine top cover off and left coil cover off to replace this broken bracket which meant one coil was only held on as a press fit

Took off the air duct, removed the radiator support, removed the fan and shroud to get more room at the front of the engine.

Removed the aux belt, removed the belt tensioner and idler pulley which I could hear were running a little dry and would be replacing. Removed alternator, removed the power steering pump from its bracket and dropped it down. Removed the under engine protection plate.

Removed the front diff bolts and pulled it to the side. Undid all the bracket bolts until I got to this little shite. Bloody tight, at an angle so any socket would have been stuck behind the diff. Fought it for about an hour before managing to crack it loose with a spanner from above.

Bracket finally removed. This is the troublesome gasket. It was rock solid, like brittle plastic. No wonder it wasn’t sealing.
On the other side of that gasket is a thermostat for the oil cooler, then the oil cooler lines, so is always under pressure.

Gave it a bit of a clean, started reassembling, then ran out of light.

Finished it off this morning along with new aux belt, tensioner and idler. Popped the now black grilles in

Took a trip to the farm

70 mile round trip done. Left it idling hot for 10 mins when we got home with some cardboard underneath - no drips 😎

Had noticed this front trim piece had gone missing at some point which left the bottom corners of the arch liners a bit loose.

Bought for £20 inc postage from a breaker on eBay, easily fitted with some spare speed clips and fasteners which probably came off the blue compact I broke

I think that’s just about it.

Need to pick up a small fitting for the rear window from bmw tomorrow, then I can get that working and remove the block of wood 😂
Cheers, Harry
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

New wiper blades for the Golf on Saturday. I suspect if I had let the supplying dealership replace them for the MOT (due to a wee split right in the driver's arc) they would have been cheap crappy ones.

It is strangely satisfying to do the first sweep with new blades on.
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

325ti has started cutting out occasionally at idle when warm. It's had a cam position sensor fault on the exhaust since I bought it, but the inlet is now showing an error.
Parts are a whole £24, so I'll do a bit of weekend spannering.
Marv

Post by Marv »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:39 pm Pics 'n shit
Nice work Harry 8-)
Oui, je suis un motard.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Boxster had a mini pond in the passenger footwell yesterday when I took it out. As peeps will know the ecu which doesnt like water is under the passenger seat. Luckily everything still works. It's weird as none of the 4 front drains were blocked, gave them a clean anyway.

Hopefully it was a case of them getting blocked with frozen water and the rapidly melting snow on top of it ending up inside the car.

Should have seen it.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Some knobend drove into the side of the Up in an island in Birmingham. I stopped on an island because someone pulled out in front, then they walloped the side. Felt the whole car move :evil: .

Amazingly, it's done nothing. I think their number plate hit the alloy, and there is a very minor mark on it, but otherwise, nothing.

I pulled over. They fuxked off. Vauxhall Astra, DL65 DTN or DL65DTN. Throwing that out for the Google records. While I should report it, no point if there's no damage.

Typical Birmingham. Knew I should have gone around via the M6.