Smartwatches

JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Re: Smartwatches

Post by JonMad »

mr_jon wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:49 pm Settings - user settings.
Ta. Turns out I’m stuck between different systems as I like my weight in st/lbs and my pace in min/km. :)
Left over crest; tightens.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Pulled the trigger on an epix 2 sapphire. Biggest expense on myself outside of cars and houses. My trusty 735xt has done me well and will probably be recycled to the dog. Excited.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Started using an Apple watch occasionally and the battery life is shocking. I'm used to a Garmin that lasts for weeks at a time between charges :lol:
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Gavster wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm Started using an Apple watch occasionally and the battery life is shocking. I'm used to a Garmin that lasts for weeks at a time between charges :lol:
Yeah, it really is rubbish! 😂 I still use one though as I use fitness+ and “it just works” etc.

I find it best to charge whilst getting ready in the morning and wear it the rest of the time.. only takes around 30mins for my watch 4(?) to fully charge
Cheers,

Ian
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Do you wear your watch while asleep? I take mine off every night so just sticking the Apple Watch on the charger by the bed is quite natural.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

IanF wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:47 pm
Gavster wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:23 pm Started using an Apple watch occasionally and the battery life is shocking. I'm used to a Garmin that lasts for weeks at a time between charges :lol:
Yeah, it really is rubbish! 😂 I still use one though as I use fitness+ and “it just works” etc.

I find it best to charge whilst getting ready in the morning and wear it the rest of the time.. only takes around 30mins for my watch 4(?) to fully charge
That's useful I hadn't realised it was so quick to charge. There's plenty of time when I'm at my desk when it can charge during the daytime.
Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:52 pm Do you wear your watch while asleep? I take mine off every night so just sticking the Apple Watch on the charger by the bed is quite natural.
I usually wear my Garmin overnight to track the dubious quality sleep data.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:52 pm Do you wear your watch while asleep? I take mine off every night so just sticking the Apple Watch on the charger by the bed is quite natural.
Yes, I took part in a fatigue study a few years back and find monitoring my sleep patterns very informative, especially with crossing time zones and overnight flying.
Cheers,

Ian
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

I do the same, I just chuck my Apple Watch on the charging stand at night. The Ultra version has a much better battery life and easily do a couple of days, but like the normal one, you can easily hammer the battery depending on how you use it.

I switched to a Garmin for my running - its incredible the battery life you can get out of that, but also demonstrates just how much power is needed to power the bright screens of the Apple Watch.
Cheers,

Mike.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Not allowed to wear smart tech at work and it's surprising how much I miss the functionality.