Decent car YouTubes

mik

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:53 am
Zonda_ wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:24 pm
Jobbo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 am Probably the right place to post this - speculating, is Hoovie getting divorced? And that reminds me, has Jonny Smith split from Chops? Little things in their recent output have made me wonder.
He mention changes in his life in the latest video and doesn’t seem to have his usual enthusiasm. He also mentioned he needs money.
YouTube seems to be such a risky strategy when it comes to making a living from it and as we've seen, it can be difficult for someone to continue making content the way they want to, which will appeal to enough people to start to get a decent & predictable income from it.
Opening statement. "We've all done it right? Buy a car which makes absolutely no financial sense at all. But I guess that's what us petrolheads do".

Erm :?
mik

Post by mik »

Alex88 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:03 pm
speedingfine wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:53 am

:shock:
Crazy vid. The stats on the Nevera are bonkers.
Neither car grabbed me, but yeah the acceleration numbers are unreal. :shock:

Apparently Lotus sold all of the intended run of 130 Evija's. Similar price, power (2000PS) and times (0-186mph in 9.1secs claimed vs 9.3 for the Nevara). First deliveries due any time now.... apparently.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:12 am
Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:53 am
Zonda_ wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:24 pm

He mention changes in his life in the latest video and doesn’t seem to have his usual enthusiasm. He also mentioned he needs money.
YouTube seems to be such a risky strategy when it comes to making a living from it and as we've seen, it can be difficult for someone to continue making content the way they want to, which will appeal to enough people to start to get a decent & predictable income from it.
Opening statement. "We've all done it right? Buy a car which makes absolutely no financial sense at all. But I guess that's what us petrolheads do".

Erm :?
Yes he said that he was selling the Ferarris to fund a dream purchase. I'm assuming F40 is out of his reach...
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

:shock:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Judging by my notifications, that’s the press embargo on the Ferrari SUV just lifted….

Cheers,

Mike.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I’m not a fan of the Purosangue’s looks, but the sound is amazing.
KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

Jobbo wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:06 am Probably the right place to post this - speculating, is Hoovie getting divorced? And that reminds me, has Jonny Smith split from Chops? Little things in their recent output have made me wonder.
Unfortunately that seems to be true.

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ready, Ami, fire;

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

^244k :D 8-)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik

Post by mik »

This doesn’t really belong here as it isn’t decent, but it includes yet another group of wealthy Mercuns dicking around.

Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

I watched a few of his videos some years ago - the truck on square wheels was amusing, for instance. Had no idea how big his channel had become.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

His channel is massive - I still find the videos as a whole a little dull and rarely watch them to the end - there's only so many times they can do the same act - "nonchalantly talk to camera while trashing expensive desirable thing"
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I only heard of him recently after his 488 video. Not my cup of tea but he seems to be doing alright with it.

Donut did a version of the weird tyre test recently. Both ancient and future.

An absolute unit
mik

Post by mik »

Maybe we should have a separate thread to share great racing :?:

On Project Cars 2 (on PS4) I've been enjoying some great on-line racing recently with the little 160bhp Ginetta GT5's. It's a fun car on many tracks, but the flowing nature of Oulton (all of the track variants) really seems to suit it well. And the track punishes mistakes :oops: . With so little power or aero - racing tends to be close (so you don't want to join a race with nobbers :evil: ).

So I popped onto u-choob to have a gander at a real-life race (looking at their lines tbh ;) ). This race from 2022 is fantastic.

My gaze was stuck on #20 (Haughton) throughout. Mainly 'cos he spent 90+ % of the race with his vision massively obscured by the arse of the car (not the same car) in front. Given how tricky that makes it to spot your braking/turn-in points, it's pretty amazing how little actual contact was made. :shock:

I get massively more engaged watching this kinda thing than tuning into F1. 8-)

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

8-) They're the perfect size for there 8-)