Smartwatches

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Smartwatches

Post by Gavster »

My deep sleep is always quite low, the last few nights have been 19m, 0m, 29m, 16m. Not convinced it measures very accurately though
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Me neither. On my pissed up night of sleep I had 1hr45 of deep sleep, which doesn’t make sense as alcohol is just a sedative, it disrupts sleep.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My sleep has been ok recently

Gavster

Post by Gavster »

2h of deep :o tell us your secrets!!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

No secrets. 😂 Just lucky I guess. I don't really drink at home so that helps I suppose.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Two pints of Guinness, a late meal, and a hotel bed last night and I slept better than expected.

Gavster

Post by Gavster »

My old Garmin 45 has bricked itself. It's stuck a permanent restart cycle, but never gets past the triangle screen. Tried holding buttons down for 30 seconds, updating via Garmin Express and charing/discharging too. Just seems to be borked. Interestingly, it turned off during a run recently, even though it had 50% battery. Something inside has shat it's biscuits. It's about 3 years old.

Anyway, ordered a new 55 + a chest strap. Would love to upgrade up to a Fenix 7 but £££ :shock:
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Really pleased with the 55 so far. The battery life is excellent, two weeks and down to 20%, though I've only done three short bit of exercise that needed the GPS. It does seem to think I'm sleeping when I'm sat in bed on the iPad before calling it a night, so that's over reporting a little.

Though I've not now worn a 'proper' watch in that time. May need to try one on each wrist to keep the stats going 24/7.
Left over crest; tightens.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Some people do wear two watches for exactly that reason!

The data side is completely addictive. Logging daily steps, sleep quality etc is so compelling that when my last watch borked I was panicking about having a day's gap in my data and missing a workout log :lol:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Are there any you can wear on your ankle or bicep or similar?

I’ve fancied one for ages, but not allowed to wear a watch at work which is where I’m most active, making it pretty pointless.
Cheers, Harry
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

On the Garmins, can you see the Race Predictor anywhere other than the watch itself? I can't see it on the Connect app or website. Be good to see the history of that data and the watch (55 at least) only shows the latest values.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 am Are there any you can wear on your ankle or bicep or similar?

I’ve fancied one for ages, but not allowed to wear a watch at work which is where I’m most active, making it pretty pointless.
Apparently yes, and it still picks up heart rate as well as step count etc

KevH18

Post by KevH18 »

You might look like you've been caught shoplifting if you wear it on your ankle though :shock:
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I’ll have to remember to put my trousers on ;)
Cheers, Harry
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

JonMad wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:23 pm Really pleased with the 55 so far. The battery life is excellent, two weeks and down to 20%, though I've only done three short bit of exercise that needed the GPS.
I’m really impressed with the battery life too, a single charge lasts for ages. My old 45 would last less than a week with 5-6 workouts a week. My 55 lasted a week out of the box only half charged!
Explosive Newt

Post by Explosive Newt »

integrale_evo wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:52 am Are there any you can wear on your ankle or bicep or similar?

Several guys at work wear theirs on their bicep owing to bare below the elbows rules and it works just fine.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

The body battery data is fascinating. Compare working at my desk vs working from bed, the desk-based days drain my body battery, while the bed-based days actually charge my body battery. Even when doing exactly the same work, and I'm sitting down in both cases. I really would love to know what's going on there, it's like bed is psychologically more calming, hence resulting in lower stress levels.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

I've found that reading/watching stuff in bed before turning the light out, it records that as sleep time. Probably as I'm not moving.
Also, how to get the Connect app/website and the watch to show pace consistently? Watch shows min/km, app/website shows min/mile.
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Settings - user settings.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

JonMad wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:39 pm I've found that reading/watching stuff in bed before turning the light out, it records that as sleep time. Probably as I'm not moving.
Same! I think it even labelled some of that time as 'deep sleep' when in fact I was scrolling TikTok :lol: