Coronavirus

nuttinnew

Re: Coronavirus

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:51 pm Oh just basically everyone starting to question the whole thing at last

That's PragerU, Praga Khan might suit you better.
Beany

Post by Beany »

Prager U, short for Prager University, despite the fact that it's not an actual university. It's a right wing US think tank.

That's the level of of misinfo they're comfy with, so literally none of their output is worth paying attention to.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:54 pm Prager U, short for Prager University, despite the fact that it's not an actual university. It's a right wing US think tank.

That's the level of of misinfo they're comfy with, so literally none of their output is worth paying attention to.
and Praga Khan?
Beany

Post by Beany »

Hey took the lockdown seriously, working from his home studio, so probably a better source of info than PragerU.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

You're nearly there, Beany-san. Have another look at the op and I'm sure you'll post the obvs link ;)
Barry

Post by Barry »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:02 pm
Beany wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 5:54 pm Prager U, short for Prager University, despite the fact that it's not an actual university. It's a right wing US think tank.

and Praga Khan?
Injected with a poison? (obvious vax joke is obvious)
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Barry wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:36 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:02 pm

and Praga Khan?
Injected with a poison? (obvious vax joke is obvious)
BCHFP(OVPOR).
Beany

Post by Beany »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:34 pm You're nearly there, Beany-san. Have another look at the op and I'm sure you'll post the obvs link ;)
No, I'm too stupid. Make the punchline, good sir.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:48 pm
nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:34 pm You're nearly there, Beany-san. Have another look at the op and I'm sure you'll post the obvs link ;)
No, I'm too stupid. Make the punchline, good sir.
No you're not, it's just a reference not familiar to you. BIC a couple of posts up, so here's a link;

Beany

Post by Beany »

Ah, nice.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

For those that do worry about this - whats your thoughts on restricting entry from say China where there still seems to be many positive tests.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Whatever I’ve got is a bastard, day 8 now and I thought I was well enough to do some gentle exercise - 1.5km in a jog and my lungs are burning and I’m sweating more than Prince Andrew in a Pizza Express which is being visited by school kids.
How about not having a sig at all?
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Hmm

Excess deaths have hit their highest number since the second wave of the pandemic almost two years ago, official data show.

Figures from the Office for National Statistics show that 17,381 people died in England and Wales in the week ending January 13 2023.

The five-year pre-pandemic average for deaths was 14,544, meaning there were 2,837 excess deaths last week alone.

Experts say a host of factors have likely led to the high levels of excess deaths, including high flu rates, Covid, record NHS waiting lists for routine operations, long delays getting an ambulance and being admitted to A&E, unmet needs from the pandemic years, and possibly healthcare strikes adding to the growing death burden.

MPs have called for an investigation into excess deaths with Steve Barclay, the Health Secretary, accused of being "part-man, part-ostrich" and not tackling the issue.

Worst figures since alpha wave of Covid
The last time excess deaths were this far above average was the week ending February 12, 2021 when the second wave caused by the alpha variant of the coronavirus was ripping through the UK and more than a third of all deaths were from Covid.....

Veena Raleigh, senior fellow at health charity The King’s Fund, said “unmet healthcare needs during the pandemic” and “unprecedented pressures on NHS services” had contributed to excess death figures.

Speaking during Commons health and social care questions, Andrew Gwynne, Labour's shadow public health minister, accused the Government of "denial and buck-passing".

"There were 50,000 more deaths than we would have otherwise expected in 2022. Excluding the pandemic, that is the worst figure since 1951.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/0 ... ess-5-per/
KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

There's strong evidence to suggest repeated exposure to the various variants can also have a cumulative effect on individual's health too. So while each infection may appear mild, the after effects that linger can start to add up and make the impacts of another infection more serious. I'm entirely guessing, but putting two and two together, I wouldn't be surprised if that's contributing to the number of people getting it and getting very ill or dying.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

My OH had been feeling rough from the middle of last week and eventually pinged a positive covid test yesterday after saying at the weekend she hadn’t felt that bad since covid. Thankfully nowhere near as bad as last time and starting to improve again already.

Sunday night I started feeling a bit rough, Monday, felt like death. Aches all over, but especially in my legs and had a burning dry throat, resting pulse around 85 ( usually 50ish) and horrible temperature fluctuations.

Tuesday, temperature changes less extreme, but woke up with the worst headache I’ve ever had, felt like someone trying to pull my eyeballs out of my skull. Pulse still high.

Weds, woke up feeling massively better, slight nightly headache, tight and painful sinuses and an occasional rattly cough. Temperature fine, pulse calmed down, only needed a couple of paracetamol. Still negative.
Cheers, Harry
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

:twisted:

dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Just so I’m clear, are we going to give Matt Hancock a kicking for overstating the Covid Risks, as advised by internationally renowned Investigative Journalist Beverley Turner…

Or are we going to give him a kicking by going against advice and NOT taking the Covid risks seriously enough???

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... SApp_Other

Just want to get my kicking right

Confused in Milton Keynes…
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Far be it from me ever to agree with Matt Hancock, but if there is a risk to a section of the population then what do you do? Segregate the weak? What if you were one of them Broccers; gout-ridden, soon to be over-50, liver damage - you probably qualify...
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Again read the evidence, respond to that, check the mood in general of how this overreacting fucked many people's family and ability to earn money.

Focus on those things.

And also Bojo being bang on the money.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Hindsight’s wonderful.

At the time these decisions were taken, people were dying from this in significant numbers in just about every country.

But you expected our leaders to ignore that, go for a pint at the Winchester and wait for it all to blow over???
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…