Lotus Emira

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Re: Lotus Emira

Post by Rich B »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:38 am Great colour / ride height. Just needs silver ( painted not diamond cut ) wheels 😁
this.
mik

Post by mik »

Rich B wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:01 am
integrale_evo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:38 am Great colour / ride height. Just needs silver ( painted not diamond cut ) wheels 😁
this.
those.

I know his style isn't loved by many, but as he is an ex-Evora owner (Evora 400 - ie a "series2" vs my "last of the series1") I did want to hear his thoughts and comparisons, which he delivers pretty clearly.

I've spared you the start of the video which is a couple of minutes of images and music.... which didn't work well for me. :?

He makes some interesting points, and I remain very interested in the Emira, but not in any great hurry to upgrade to one. Keen to see where Lotus take the V6 Emira (they surely have to do one with at least the 430 engine like@Maurice has in his Exige (and was fitted to the GT430 Evora) as a last multi-cylinder ICE hurrah)?

mik

Post by mik »

Also - seeing some unrest on the forums - several people (or people they know) cancelling their Emira orders due to delays in build-date, difficulties getting a test-drive, and a recent £2k price increase.

Dealers do have (as I understand it) one car each, and at the moment test drives are only being offered to those who have placed deposits, but there do still seem to be some difficulties, and as the biggest decision for each owner is choosing Sport or Touring chassis... there is no way to do a "back to back" to aid that decision if your dealer only has a sole demonstrator....

Delays seem fairly well aligned with the rest of the automotive industry - complaints seem to be more around the way in which these are being communicated. Similarly the price hike (which doesn't seem to affect the very earliest orders) - most folks seem to agree isn't unreasonable, but some believe they were given assurances that this would not happen when they placed their deposits.

scotta

Post by scotta »

So the £60k i4 was just a myth basically?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

If people ordering were given assurances that the price wouldn't increase then that's very shady by the dealer. I'd want that in writing because in every new sale contract that I've ever seen there's a provision for allowing price increases - 6.4.1
https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/emira-terms-conditions

On an off topic note 4.4.8 is lolworthy. Didn't do too well there did they :lol:
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

scotta wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am So the £60k i4 was just a myth basically?
Not surprising really.
mik

Post by mik »

scotta wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am So the £60k i4 was just a myth basically?
First-edition cars are loaded as is normal for first-edition cars, but yeah - can't imagine there ever being a stripped-of-all-options £60k i4 now.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:59 am If people ordering were given assurances that the price wouldn't increase then that's very shady by the dealer. I'd want that in writing because in every new sale contract that I've ever seen there's a provision for allowing price increases - 6.4.1
https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/emira-terms-conditions

On an off topic note 4.4.8 is lolworthy. Didn't do too well there did they :lol:
4.4.8 doesn't say they have to terminate your order; it just gives them discretion. I'm not sure they have any great reason to terminate orders from people who want to sell straight on; that gives them a good idea what the market actually values the cars at thus justifying an immediate price rise.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Porsche and BMW are raising prices this year too, I guess most manufacturers are. There was a cut-off for the Touring of 31/12 to have your order moved from being a speculative deposit to "accepted by factory" or BMW couldn't honour last year's base price. Some of their options have also gone up in price which caused an increase in mine when I changed alloys - the manager was able to override it.

I guess its one of those things which dealers may have not have communicated or handled very well as the experience seems to vary wildly from dealer to dealer.

Not being able to drive the Sport and Touring before having to order seems a real pain though. How far out from build date do you have to finalise your choice?
Cheers,

Mike.
mik

Post by mik »

Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 pm Not being able to drive the Sport and Touring before having to order seems a real pain though. How far out from build date do you have to finalise your choice?
Not sure tbh.

And I have just realised that there is a way to compare the two back-to-back. 8-) So long as you are prepared to travel to Hethel. :geek: And part with £450. :?

https://www.lotuscars.com/es-ES/driving ... amic-emira
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:56 pm
Ascender wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:19 pm Not being able to drive the Sport and Touring before having to order seems a real pain though. How far out from build date do you have to finalise your choice?
Not sure tbh.

And I have just realised that there is a way to compare the two back-to-back. 8-) So long as you are prepared to travel to Hethel. :geek: And part with £450. :?

If I were going to buy one anyway, I'd do that, probably a cool day out even if it is £450.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I'm a little bit surprised that they don't then deduct the price of the day from the car purchase on the day you pay for it. These kinds of days are pretty standard with new sports cars.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Lotus need every penny they can get! :lol:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Geely are on speed dial.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

duncs500 wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 2:08 pm
mik wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:56 pm
Not sure tbh.

If I were going to buy one anyway, I'd do that, probably a cool day out even if it is £450.
That's pretty cool actually and not a bad price, I'd probably do that if I was local.
Cheers,

Mike.
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Interesting to see more and more Emira's appearing up for sale, 25 on AT and the price starting to drop too, with prices now what they'd cost new (£82k -since the price hike).

I think the waiting list is still quote long....but I think the i4 will end up being the popular one so interesting to see what happens to the V6 pricing.

Also, Doug didn't seem overly impressed.
mik

Post by mik »

Interesting.

First time Mr Litchfield or Milltek have fiddled with Lotus AFAIK.

Not sure why the exhaust tips look the same before & after? (Edit - I think it’s just a still image of the car with soundz added).Also don’t know why you’d just do a static rev, when you only really hear the full sound under load. (Accepting that you can clearly hear a diff between before & after)

mik

Post by mik »

Someone on the Loltus forum (who must have better access to SMMT data than normal, as Lotus have slipped off the charts that I can see now) reckons they have sold 313 cars YTD (upto the end of March) in the UK. Not sure any Eletre's are on the road yet, so I think that number is solely Emira.

Whilst that is only around 5% of what Porsche achieved in the same period, it puts the Q1_23 sales numbers at something in the order of 140% of the annual sales over the last few years.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Spotted a yellow one on the M25 earlier today. Sadly going in the opposite direction, so beyond recognising it, I didn't see much.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Post by mik »

Spotted my first one out in the wild today. And OF COURSE I was in Mrs mik’s car as I had just popped out for some fresh rolls and Kelly cars have no problem doing a 2 mile journey and then being out away again. :evil: )

Bright yellow. Looked very good (although my immediate thought was “Evora!” due to the dimensions and front profile - it took half a sec for me to realise it was an Emira.)