A celebration of well filled arches

mik

Re: A celebration of well filled arches

Post by mik »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:59 pm You don’t see her her toes when you’re making love though.
I can only read that with the voice of Swiss Toni in my head.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

mik wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:53 pm
duncs500 wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:37 pm Let's settle this debate once and for all, both the Pantera and Countach need wings. Pantera can get away with not having one, but it's essential on a Countach.

Now we've cleared that up, let's move on to the thread at hand. #topicclosed #endof #fact
This has already been fully explained by @Rich B : A Countach without a wing is natural Pamela Anderson, whereas a Countach with a wing is surgically enhanced Pamela Anderson, but the chest enhancement was only possible if they removed all of her toes.
woah now, you're the one who has weird thoughts about removing Pamela Anderson's toes!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

mik wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:57 am
jamcg wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:43 am I’m going against mik here, I prefer the narrow body pantera
Unlike the Countach (with the awful Anniversary) there is no bad Pantera.

@ZedLeg You are correct, and I think the fact that DeTomaso asked pretty much 308/328 money for something with Testarossa performance levels ironically also caused people to look down on it.

I remember one Fast Lane comment about the car’s “Party Piece” - as “recommended” by DeTomaso - stick the car in 5th when stopped and without touching the throttle, just slip the clutch slightly until it could be fully engaged - it would rumble along at walking pace and only a few hundred rpm. One of the best sounding cars ever for me - hugely bassy.

Now look what you made me do - speakers or earphones only!
Wibble. Maximum splattage. It's the perfect bastard lovechild. Mik is at his maximum correctness when it comes to Panteras - there is no bad Pantera. And if money was no object I'd have a few, but at least a narrow body for the purity of looks, and the GTS for the full on 80's supercar look.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

mik wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:59 pm You don’t see her her toes when you’re making love though.

That was the first image in my head too :lol:

Going back to the Rich B analogy, my 15 year old self was very much onboard with the augmented boobs but now I’m 43 I think I prefer the original spec. Both 15 and 43 year old versions of myself believe the Countach absolutely has to have a wing though. Not sure what point I’m trying to make anymore now.

I also agree with Duncs. The wing is optional on the Pantera.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

240PP wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:05 pm
mik wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 1:27 pm

That was the first image in my head too :lol:

Going back to the Rich B analogy, my 15 year old self was very much onboard with the augmented boobs but now I’m 43 I think I prefer the original spec. Both 15 and 43 year old versions of myself believe the Countach absolutely has to have a wing though. Not sure what point I’m trying to make anymore now.

I also agree with Duncs. The wing is optional on the Pantera.
Just wait till you're 50, looking up moving to thailand and shacking in with a ladyboy. Augmented boobs and a shlong.
How about not having a sig at all?
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:28 pm Just wait till you're 50, looking up moving to thailand and shacking in with a ladyboy. Augmented boobs and a shlong.
Those flights to Thailand are going to be full up with members from this forum in 2023.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

😂
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:29 pm
Mito Man wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:28 pm Just wait till you're 50, looking up moving to thailand and shacking in with a ladyboy. Augmented boobs and a shlong.
Those flights to Thailand are going to be full up with members from this forum in 2023.
A celebration of well filled airplanes.
JonathanE

Post by JonathanE »

Because it's Friday, and because there are no bad Panteras, here is mine:

ImageIMG_3577 copy

I know the rear arches are slightly too big - I think they have been slightly enlarged. At some point I will invest in 10" rears and 295 (or wider) tyres; at the moment it's on 8" and 275s.

Have a fab weekend!

Jonathan
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

8-) 8-)
If you’re going to stick wider tyres go for 375.
I like the anti roll bar details.
mik

Post by mik »

@JonathanE oooft - I wasn’t sure if you were still popping in here - fabulous 😎 . If you feel compelled to advise how it feels to drive in comparison with your old Countach….. all ears.

@Mito Man do you mean GT5S/Countach sized 345s?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Aye, I was just going for wider. Didn't know the exact width!
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

JonathanE wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:56 pm Because it's Friday, and because there are no bad Panteras, here is mine:

ImageIMG_3577 copy

I know the rear arches are slightly too big - I think they have been slightly enlarged. At some point I will invest in 10" rears and 295 (or wider) tyres; at the moment it's on 8" and 275s.

Have a fab weekend!

Jonathan
Stunning 8-)
Marv

Post by Marv »

Oui, je suis un motard.
dan

Post by dan »

After some modifications these arches got filled nicely...they have the usual comedy ride height that old cars have as standard...

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

mik wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:05 am I was checking something out earlier that just reminded me of the importance of filling the wheel arches. I'm sure this isn't new info to anyone here, but it reminded me just how bad cars can look when this isn't done properly, so I thought I'd post....

I was looking at a "spotted" tweet earlier in relation to a 928, and realised it was a GTS with the fatter rear arches. I do hope it was a manuel....

Then I had to check whether it was only the GTS that got the fatter rear arches, as I wasn't sure and I'm not at @Delphi levels of 928 knowledge. The answer is Yup. Anyway..... the original 928 was alright visually and looked OK in Risky Business. But it didn't look mean. The last of the line GTS however. Mummy!

Launch edit (I think).

GTS. Nicer wheel design, and fatter rear arches, but crucially - well filled. (Ignore that bizarre reggie plate)
OB 928s came on 15" teledials, S through to S4/GT came on 16" and the GTS came on 17"s. There are a few people who put 19" Panamera wheels on 928s but they a) look fucking ridiculous and b) utterly destroy the ride and handling.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
mik

Post by mik »

Delphi wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:43 am
OB 928s came on 15" teledials, S through to S4/GT came on 16" and the GTS came on 17"s. There are a few people who put 19" Panamera wheels on 928s but they a) look fucking ridiculous and b) utterly destroy the ride and handling.
19's sound awful. :(

Much like the 944, 16's work very well, and 17's are "peak" for me.

Interestingly I see GTS on both mik-spec Cup1's and @Marv - spec Cup2's (which arguably better suit the curves of the 928)

Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

That blue GTS is simply stunning! 8-)

Turbo twists are also popular amongst the non-OEM wheel crowd. People are constantly asking about wheel offsets and wondering why they don't fit properly. :roll:

My take on it is Porsche's suspension engineers know a fair bit about how to set up a car, and the largest wheel size they allowed for was 17" - adding 18 or 19" wheels is going to do strange things to the ride and handling especially when you factor in the passive rear wheel steer of the Weissach rear axle. I certainly wouldn't fancy tanking down the autobahn at 170mph with non-standard wheels like those.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

mik wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 10:54 am
Interestingly I see GTS on both mik-spec Cup1's and @Marv - spec Cup2's (which arguably better suit the curves of the 928)

They only used the Cup1 in model year 92/93 cars. Same as 964/968. 94 cars used the Cup2.

I assume it was a marketing thing rather than cost?
mik

Post by mik »

Carlos wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:08 pm
They only used the Cup1 in model year 92/93 cars. Same as 964/968. 94 cars used the Cup2.

I assume it was a marketing thing rather than cost?
Did not know this 8-)