Car Plans. What's Next?

Broccers

Re: Car Plans. What's Next?

Post by Broccers »

Broccers wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:34 pm Hopefully going to look at a 640d tomorrow.
That is saving me a job
Update?
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Broccers wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:33 pm
Broccers wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:34 pm Hopefully going to look at a 640d tomorrow.
That is saving me a job
Update?
Not yet, I spoke to the dealer this morning and he was going to get back to me to see if he could fit me in, they are appointment only. I’ve just text him now to see what he says. I’m off tomorrow so could go then.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Appointment only and still shit service.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:18 pm Not yet, I spoke to the dealer this morning and he was going to get back to me to see if he could fit me in, they are appointment only.
I'm going to go out on a limb, but if a "dealer" is "too busy" to let you give them money, you should look elsewhere.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Been looking at MOT histories of 640ds, strangely they seem to suffer from bulges in the tyre walls causing failures.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Zonda_ wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:19 pm Been looking at MOT histories of 640ds, strangely they seem to suffer from idiots kerbing fuck out of their wheels causing failures.
Ftfy
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Anybody used Motorway before ?Just in the middle of selling our Polo with them and I'm amazed how easy its been.

I'll rewind a week or two..

So, we have a polo gti Dsg and it was due to be replaced in the summer. After many months of struggling to fit the weekly shop in the boot and trying to get more than 2 cases in the back when we do the regular Uni taxi run, we called in at the supplying dealer. We enquired if we could change the Polo early and swap it for something bigger. Before the Polo we'd had a Leon estate so knew that was the size we should revert to. As luck would have it they'd got a fully speccd ex demo Leon estate that had come to the end of demo life.
We didn't get that far luckily. .. In the corner of the car park was a Cupra Ateca. Now I don't know much about them apart from they are bigger than a Leon and nippy. I asked the wife if she liked the look of it and would you belive it - she loved it. Plenty of space and tech - brill. Still thinking I'm pushing it a bit I asked if she'd want a test drive :twisted: "Great Idea, Dave". So off we went. I still can't belive it but she suggested we should make a little purchase 8-)

Dealer said he'd happily take the Polo off our hands as well. All is great and this will be easy.. Apart from I'd checked on Motorway and could get over £1k more than their best & final offer! Dealer explained his offer was a lot easier than selling to Motorway etc but he couldnt up his offer.

Went home took a few pictures of the Polo; uploaded them to the Motorway site; all confirmed; other dealers then bid for the Polo. End result £2200 more than the Cupra dealers best price :o

That was last week and now we're just waiting collection of the Polo. Sit and wait for them to collect it. Theres no haggling - the price bid is the price they pay.

Once it's all sorted I've a bus trip into town for collection of a 300hp SUV thing :twisted: 8-) :twisted:
And then I get home and watch the experts install new security stuff :roll:
Cockwobble
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

davecG60 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:57 pm Anybody used Motorway before ?Just in the middle of selling our Polo with them and I'm amazed how easy its been.

So, we have a polo gti Dsg and it was due to be replaced in the summer. After many months of struggling to fit the weekly shop in the boot and trying to get more than 2 cases in the back when we do the regular Uni taxi run, we called in at the supplying dealer. We enquired if we could change the Polo early and swap it for something bigger. Before the Polo we'd had a Leon estate so knew that was the size we should revert to. As luck would have it they'd got a fully speccd ex demo Leon estate that had come to the end of demo life.
We didn't get that far luckily. .. In the corner of the car park was a Cupra Ateca. Now I don't know much about them apart from they are bigger than a Leon and nippy. I asked the wife if she liked the look of it and would you belive it - she loved it. Plenty of space and tech - brill. Still thinking I'm pushing it a bit I asked if she'd want a test drive :twisted: "Great Idea, Dave". So off we went. I still can't belive it but she suggested we should make a little purchase 8-)

Dealer said he'd happily take the Polo off our hands as well. All is great and this will be easy.. Apart from I'd checked on Motorway and could get over £1k more than their best & final offer! Dealer explained his offer was a lot easier than selling to Motorway etc but he couldnt up his offer.

Went home took a few pictures of the Polo; uploaded them to the Motorway site; all confirmed; other dealers then bid for the Polo. End result £2200 more than the Cupra dealers best price :o

That was last week and now we're just waiting collection of the Polo. Sit and wait for them to collect it. Theres no haggling - the price bid is the price they pay.

Once it's all sorted I've a bus trip into town for collection of a 300hp SUV thing :twisted: 8-) :twisted:
Yes, put the Jag on with them a few dats ago, they gave a reserve of £15800 where other car buy places were offering in the £13k region. It sold for £16500 and is being collected tomorrow.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

jamcg wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:21 pm
Zonda_ wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:19 pm Been looking at MOT histories of 640ds, strangely they seem to suffer from idiots kerbing fuck out of their wheels causing failures.
Ftfy
My friends M5 suffered from loads of eggs on the inner sidewalk, he’s never had that problem with any other cars. It may just be the primary suspension being a bit too firm or something.

Dave!
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

To continue the 6GC love-in, this looks very nice.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 1011253295
Jimexpl

Post by Jimexpl »

Zonda_ wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:19 pm
davecG60 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:57 pm Anybody used Motorway before ?Just in the middle of selling our Polo with them and I'm amazed how easy its been.

Yes, put the Jag on with them a few dats ago, they gave a reserve of £15800 where other car buy places were offering in the £13k region. It sold for £16500 and is being collected tomorrow.
I sold our Disco Sport through them for significantly more than the others. The driver who picked it up was fairly thorough when checking (but still missed two items I’d have knocked the car for when I ran dealerships), and the money was in my bank before he’s made it back to the purchasing dealer.
I’d use them again.
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Mrs is selling her 2019 A Class.

WBAC £20,000
Motorway £20,036

The WBAC valuation seems a bit arbitrary and more of a starting point for negotiations..

Her uncle is in the trade and says he can get her £22k. She only paid £2k more than that three years ago!
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:27 pm To continue the 6GC love-in, this looks very nice.

That's a good spec. Is the nicer leather a rare option on the 6 like it is on the 5? I've not spent much time looking at 6s, and I'm not after one anyway; I'd always have a Merc CLS in preference :lol:
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

I'm off to see something interesting tomorrow

Not going to say any more for now, not because I'm being a tease/wanting attention, but in case it comes to nowt

Will update after the event...
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:27 pm To continue the 6GC love-in, this looks very nice.

THat does look good. I wonder if it's been for sale for a while though - the shots appear to be genuine and trees in full leaf, and the dash readout is at 21C.

Which has me wondering what's wrong with it? :lol: It's an early one as well so will have an earlier version of the N63, which may mean a greater likelihood of problems.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Autotrader ad seems to be up since Nov 22 if I'm reading the address bar correctly. Although looking on Autotrader there's only 5 other 650 for sale, only one of which came up for sale this year. There's another for £19k up for sale since June last year.
I don't think there's much of a market for a thirsty V8 family car right now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Sundayjumper

Post by Sundayjumper »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:11 am THat does look good. I wonder if it's been for sale for a while though - the shots appear to be genuine and trees in full leaf, and the dash readout is at 21C.

Which has me wondering what's wrong with it? :lol: It's an early one as well so will have an earlier version of the N63, which may mean a greater likelihood of problems.
The background isn't genuine, all their cars have exactly the same one :lol: but good spot on the temperature.

When did the engine change over ? It's not something I've read up on.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Sundayjumper wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:44 am
Swervin_Mervin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:11 am THat does look good. I wonder if it's been for sale for a while though - the shots appear to be genuine and trees in full leaf, and the dash readout is at 21C.

The background isn't genuine, all their cars have exactly the same one :lol: but good spot on the temperature.

When did the engine change over ? It's not something I've read up on.
I'm not fully sure on the engine changeovers as Wikipedia lists at least 2 variants for that went into the F12. It was subject to a number of technical updates though and a class action suit in the US over its many issues. So one to go into knowing you might get stiffed at some point. :lol: Never put me off thought tbf
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Well the Polo was sold. It was collected on Friday and was a very stress free process. Dealer had arranged collection and then Thursday we had a call just to confirm collection time and what would happen. Collection bloke turned up on time after getting the bus from Stockport. He ended up taking tons more photos than I'd sent to Motorway because apparently the collection company need to cover themselves in case of a challenge from the purchaser. They were probably here 30 mins and while inspecting the car the full sold price was transferred to our account. And then off he went up North. All a lot easier ( and safer) than the oldun days of people coming round kicking tyres and trying to get the car for half price !

A quick brew and then off I headed off to pick up the new to us Cupra Ateca. Again an easy handover ( good free coffee as well ) until I actually got to see the car! There were a few issues that should have been fixed before I arrived (marks on the seat, missing drivers mat and several lumps of polish) and a large stain in the boot which had been sort of cleaned but not good enough. I am fussy but some things you'd just make sure were sorted.

The dealer chucked in some GuardX freebies, Cupra charging cables, new mats and a boot liner to compensate so not that bad. On the whole it was a good experience and a lot better than we have had previously from the same dealer. We just need to make sure they get in touch when the new mats come in to stock.

And the Cupra? Well, it has plenty of space, is faster than the Polo and best of all the Wife loves it 8-) 8-)
Cockwobble
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

Just to add.

Total depreciation for the Polo was £300 over 3.5 years !! Paid £14500 for it from the dealer and sold it for £14200 with an extra 25k miles on it.

Unbelievable :o
Cockwobble