Teh Spotted Thread

ZedLeg

Re: Teh Spotted Thread

Post by ZedLeg »

I’m well aware that my love of shitey 80s boxes is probably affecting my vision on this one :lol:

I compared it to a Pontiac when the first shots came out and if someone had told me that it was a design for an updated Le Mans/GTO I’d believe them.
An absolute unit
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:59 pm At Tesco earlier - 20-plate 992 TurboS. Car looked nice, but the important thing was the bloke getting out of the drivers seat - who was 80yrs old if he was a day. Hats off to you sir. 8-)
8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Todays unusual spots,

A filthy white Cadillac Cts coupe, looked weird from the rear 3/4 like the back end was too high for the rest of the car, and the rear window was way too short and flat.

Immaculate and somehow, despite the filthy damp salty roads, a spotlessly clean mk1 lotus cortina. I hope it got a thorough rinse when it got where it was going!
Cheers, Harry
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Saw this last week (and a few other times locally) Not sure how I feel about the number plate...

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Numberplate detracts imho :(
I think the 81 may irk more than the SPY though. I was going to say it could be acceptable if they have a similar plate on a later Aston but I'm not sure BI SPY is quite right either.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

L1SAS plate. Unfortunately picture isn't very good 😃

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Can’t even tell what car it is :lol:. C Class coupe?
An absolute unit
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

ZedLeg wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:44 am Can’t even tell what car it is :lol:. C Class coupe?
Good guess. My screen was a bit filth.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Saw a Hyundai Veloster on the way home, one of those odd things with 2 doors on on side and 1 on the other, was thinking how long it’d been since I saw one when another drove past!
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

A red GT3 followed by a yellow Carrera, trundling in traffic, didn't hear the GT3 but the Carrera was tuneful, as was V12 VOV a bit later; muchly melodious 8-)
Two uncommon spots; Passat Alltrack, and Leon ST X-Perience (the first one I've seen).
Spotted from a car; https://www.google.com/maps/@51.3660444 ... 92!5m1!1e1
Also, biker undertaking me leaving a roundabout on an S2. Think bike, think wanker - confirmed by two following spunk buckets overtaking on the outside of unsighted bends.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Spotted a GT3 parked in the centre of Birmingham on Friday. Shamefully I don’t know if it was a 991 or 992, not if it was an RS. It was blue with blue pinstripes round the rim of the alloys.

And I undertook a motorbike yesterday evening on my way into Cheltenham. Wouldn’t have done so but it was a 2-stroke and stank. He indicated left as I started to edge past him in the left hand lane but didn’t try to pull over, just looked over his left shoulder a number of times 😄
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Outside the Co-op last night - a proper WW2 Willys. I started walking towards it for a better look but the owner appeared and I got all shy and went straight into the shop.
PaulJ
Currently Driving: Cayman GTS 4.0

Post by PaulJ »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:11 am Spotted a GT3 parked in the centre of Birmingham on Friday. Shamefully I don’t know if it was a 991 or 992, not if it was an RS. It was blue with blue pinstripes round the rim of the alloys.

And I undertook a motorbike yesterday evening on my way into Cheltenham. Wouldn’t have done so but it was a 2-stroke and stank. He indicated left as I started to edge past him in the left hand lane but didn’t try to pull over, just looked over his left shoulder a number of times 😄
If it had been an RS there would be tingling in the trouser region. ;)
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I was visiting a customer on Monday in London and while having a look around his buildings he took me into the business next door to have a look at some cars in various stages of restoration/completion. There were various Jags, a Bristol Blenheim but best of all was the Ferrari 275 GTB 4 that used to belong to Eric Clapton. It had been stripped back to bare metal for some bodywork correction prior to painting in Silver (was blue before stripping. See image). What a beautiful thing it was and a real pleasure to have a good look around!

Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Not the standard for Gloucester. There's a Urus that parks down in the Docks that seems utterly pointless but sounds glorious.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Nice service truck at Bramley today. Genuine Speedlines are super cool.

917FA6C9-3CAC-4A1C-B280-8462C78334D8.jpeg
917FA6C9-3CAC-4A1C-B280-8462C78334D8.jpeg (171.36 KiB) Viewed 335 times
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:43 am Image

Not the standard for Gloucester. There's a Urus that parks down in the Docks that is utterly pointless but sounds glorious.
FTFY.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Some interesting expensive cars up in Geordie land last week. Didn’t take photos but stuff that I don’t normally see, like an Audi RS7. Canny smart.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

No photos again, this time because I need to respect the owner's privacy but today I have seen a Citroen Visa Mille Pistes, an incredibly rare Group B rally car from the mid-1980s. Since I wasn't even aware of its existence in period, I have googled and found one sold by Bonhams in 2008: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16508/lot/170/
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Jobbo wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 3:29 pm No photos again, this time because I need to respect the owner's privacy but today I have seen a Citroen Visa Mille Pistes, an incredibly rare Group B rally car from the mid-1980s. Since I wasn't even aware of its existence in period, I have googled and found one sold by Bonhams in 2008: https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/16508/lot/170/
That is a rare spot indeed!