Forza Horizon 4

ShockDiamonds

Forza Horizon 4

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Anybody planning on getting this? Will mean I finally have to update my gaming PC to Windows 10 but as it was the coin mining machine, it's capable of handling 4K gaming hence a 4K monitor may be bought also - visuals online look pretty good. That said, wonder how much playing I would do before never connecting again. Haven't even been on AC and the Rift for weeks...
Brannen

Re: Forza Horizon 4

Post by Brannen »

I'll be buying it again, but will be for the Xbox (one x so 4k 60fps again I believe). Really like the Horizon versions of Forza. Found FM7 got stale pretty quick, so hopefully a lot to do on FH4.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Am I right in thinking that if you buy the game digitally for Windows you get it on Xbox and vice versa? (Using the same Live account)
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Horizon 4 is based on the U.K. so I reckon it will be the best one yet. Wonder how realistic it will be. Will you get your car nicked if you drive an Audi RS model or get raped as you pass through Birmingham?
How about not having a sig at all?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Are you able to gate-crash a VW Beetle race at Brands Hatch in your VW Polo (with terrified girlfriend in the passenger seat)?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

How sweet would it be if they actually added a few U.K. racetracks to the map. They already have Silverstone and the Too Gear track.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Someone's just put up a 15 minute gameplay vid on Youtube (insanely irritating commentary) and the Edinburgh stuff looks insanely good. Although I still wish they'd remake Project Gotham.
Cheers,

Mike.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Mito Man wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:30 pm Horizon 4 is based on the U.K. so I reckon it will be the best one yet. Wonder how realistic it will be. Will you get your car nicked if you drive an Audi RS model or get raped as you pass through Birmingham?
Ohhhh, will have to buy a Xbox then. 8-)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I want a one x but can't justify £400 on yet another console, but spending £250 on a graphics card hidden in the pc is fine 🤔 hopefully it'll be ok for current gen stuff, including horizon 4, but I can't afford to keep up with the cutting edge of pc gaming.

And yesterday does look superb although I wonder how popular it will be outside of the uk, I doubt dull dreary uk has quite the same global appeal as somewhere nice and hot and sunny...
Cheers, Harry
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Love the look of winter in the demos I’ve seen. Yeah will give it a shot at some point.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

So will it be on PC and Xbox then?

Which platform is better for a casual gamer? (i.e. someone who hasn’t played in 4+ years)
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I think most Xbox games are on both.

An Xbox will be by far the quickest and easiest to just pick up and play, pc possibly slightly better visuals if you have something with enough grunt to run it properly.

The forza games all work brilliantly with the Xbox pad, although a wheel setup would be nice if you've got enough to buy a decent one and have space to set it up properly.

Probably be some deals with a onex with horizon as the bundle game when it's released.
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Good call. I’ll wait for the bundle.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

integrale_evo wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pmAnd yesterday does look superb although I wonder how popular it will be outside of the uk, I doubt dull dreary uk has quite the same global appeal as somewhere nice and hot and sunny...
Some of the footage I've seen looks absolutely stunning - I seem to remember there's stuff modelled on the Scottish Highlands which looks incredible as far as countryside sections go.

I've not yet got a 4K TV, but with all the stuff on Apple TV and now this, its getting tempting if there's any decent ones at the "not silly money" level now.
Cheers,

Mike.
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Ascender wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:17 pm Some of the footage I've seen looks absolutely stunning - I seem to remember there's stuff modelled on the Scottish Highlands which looks incredible as far as countryside sections go.
:x

Bad news then.

I want to keep the place under the radar!
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Really like the look of this..... it’s got a bit of Test Drive Unlimited about it, a game I enjoyed playing very much.

And it’s got Corrado VR6, Integra Type R and 996 GT3 :D

Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I reckon it will be a big favourite here as it’s a game we can all relate to.
Brannen

Post by Brannen »

My games already installed, just waiting for to be playable. The James Bond car pack looked pretty good as well
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

The demo is pretty good, certainly looks stunning and zips along at an absurd rate. The colours and effects make it look more striking than standard forza ( seem to remember thinking the same about the original horizon on 360 )

It really does feel like driving along British roads. The in game dry stone walls are a bit more forgiving though :lol:

However, after the three week long nightmare getting forza 7 downloaded I'm reluctant to buy anything big off the Microsoft store ever again, plus I've only just started to scratch the surface of that so don't need to be starting anything new right now.
Cheers, Harry
Coaster1

Post by Coaster1 »

Just bought a bundle with FH4, Forza 7, FIFA 19 & NBA 2k19 for £430.

There is one with FH4, F7 & FIFA for £410.....