Your fleet running reports

Jimmy Choo

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm 4 Series is now claiming the rear brake lights have blown along with the indicators.
Did you have a look at the earth in the rear clusters?
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

I'm with evostick.

Buying a Land Rover, then getting it lowered so that it fits into your central London underground car park.

Really ?

Sigh.
John

Post by John »

The bike wagon Berlingo passed the retest today after failing on a broken spring so I'll hopefully get another years use out of it at least.
scotta

Post by scotta »

John wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am The bike wagon Berlingo passed the retest today after failing on a broken spring so I'll hopefully get another years use out of it at least.
I told you to mend that with fire!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am
Zonda_ wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:28 pm 4 Series is now claiming the rear brake lights have blown along with the indicators.
No, I'm not touching it while it's under warranty in case they try and say I've done something, it's booked in but it's been a long wait with all their recalls.
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 am I'm with evostick.

Buying a Land Rover, then getting it lowered so that it fits into your central London underground car park.

Really ?

Sigh.
It's offensive to the core, isn't it. Hey ho.
John

Post by John »

scotta wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 am
John wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:24 am The bike wagon Berlingo passed the retest today after failing on a broken spring so I'll hopefully get another years use out of it at least.
It resisted.
scotta

Post by scotta »

Zonda_ wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:46 am
Jimmy Choo wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:44 am
No, I'm not touching it while it's under warranty in case they try and say I've done something, it's booked in but it's been a long wait with all their recalls.
My Brothers E90 is needing recall work done - same with waiting on parts.
scotta

Post by scotta »

John wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:55 pm
scotta wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:38 am
It resisted.
Try harder - im sure its still broke.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

JLv3.0 wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:49 pm
Sundayjumper wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:18 am I'm with evostick.

Really ?

Sigh.
It's offensive to the core, isn't it. Hey ho.
If you’re offended now just wait till it’s done 8-)
How about not having a sig at all?
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

EOTR - Caterham Superlight R #29

I've continued to really enjoy the Superlight R over the summer in the fantastic weather that we've had this year. My parents came down to visit and I got to take my Dad out in it which was cool. We stopped for fuel and then drove to the local brewery to collect beer.

When we got back the alternator belt had a slight squeak, so I put my Dad to work to earn his beer...

He's a time-served mechanic on all sorts of stuff and helped me to build my race car in the past. He adjusted the belt easily but afterwards we found the oil pressure gauge was no longer working. I investigated and isolated it to probably being a broken wire but couldn't find the problem, so I took it down to PGM where they diagnosed that the oil-pressure take off hose had damaged braid which had chewed through the signal wire. It turned out to be a lucky catch as the hose internal was bulging and failure would have obviously meant oil evacuating quickly with potential engine damage occurring.

Collecting the car from PGM gave me another chance to use the bike carrier. I've since changed the way the rear wheel attaches by using a Seasucker and I have to say the bike is held absolutely rock-solidly even up to ahem, high speeds...

I thought I'd also stick some recent pics up of some of the carbon details on the car. It's easy to take these for granted when I saw the car everyday but they really do look great.

And so onto the next chapter.

I'd fancied something daft after the Elise went and a fluorescent yellow car with no windscreen seemed to fit that bill. I enjoyed the journey of buying it and researching its history but quickly realised that the plans I had for it made no sense. Caterhams are really sensitive to spec and history and this being an SLR with provenance had a value that was really closely tied to being the spec it was. So the cage I'd bought and other fancy carbon bits didn't get fitted. Instead I essentially did a restoration and the car now is as it left the factory, but just with the spec polished to improve it and make it better to drive. Caterhams are also sensitive to seasons and weather, so If I was going to sell I had to do it now or wait until next summer. So I but out a tentative 'I might sell this' on Instagram and as luck would have it someone who'd been following my PH thread got in touch and was keen to buy.

So I took my last trip in the car to go and collect him.

That view is one I'll certainly miss. As is the incredible good will that the car garners from other road users; something that's incredibly rare nowadays.

I didn't really enjoy the Superlight R at first, it seemed quite slow and cumbersome after my Elise that I'd really honed to be a GT3 killer. However over the months I grew to really enjoy it. The weather's obviously been perfect for a car like this and taking it out in convoy with some v. quick cars made me realise that the performance it had when you really pushed it was actually very impressive. This particular SLR is set up and mapped really, really well; It feels at least as quick as R500s (K) that I've driven but is also incredibly flexible. It'll pull 6th gear from tickover with no fuss or histrionics. The Caterham itch may have been scratched but it's certainly one I'll revisit. I'd buy a race car next time though; they're cheaper to start with for a given spec and less sensitive to modifications in terms of value. I really wanted one with a cage so that box would get ticked too.

Everyone should have a fast Caterham at some point. Now it's gone, I really do miss it and so will my kids which is an absolute first for any of my cars as they usually show no interest whatsoever.

So it's gone. Yet it genuinely couldn't have gone to a nicer bloke. From the very first contact through the entire process and transaction it was a pleasure to deal with him and to sell him a car. So although the SLR will be missed I was pleased that it was going to someone cool and that obviously was going to enjoy the car to its best.

Thank you F1URO, you were a blast.

ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

The Vauxhall has been collected by my brother.

First correct answer wins a Curly Wurly.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Argh, no Vauxhall details! :shock: :lol:

Edit - Thank the lawd. My guess is Monza 3.0.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

The Defender now looks like a chintzy cheap eBay special.

I just don't understand.

Dave!
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Velox
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Based on the seat belts I am going for something old and 'murican.

60s Corvette/Camaro?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Vauxhall Firenza ?
ste

Post by ste »

Near enough...
ste

Post by ste »

UPDATE

Justin

I was at college with a guy called Justin. His name always made me snigger as I always imagined he had a really small willy and it only just about managed to reach, if you get what I mean...

Anyway, this guy is called Justin Beiber apparently.

Which is why this, has been named Justin by my brother's kids.

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »