Alcohol, sugar or virus?

McSwede

Re: Alcohol, sugar or virus?

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:35 am Need to go and lick some handrails and dance in a club full of sweaty people to rebuild that immune system :lol:
Done that several times and it hasn't stopped me getting the lurgy 😂😂
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Bahhhhhhhh, damn this. It's like low-key covid - which I've tested negative for - bumbling around.

I'm going to be looking on Goop for health tips through desperation soon, unless 2023 starts to deliver some good health.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 am Bahhhhhhhh, damn this. It's like low-key covid - which I've tested negative for - bumbling around.

I'm going to be looking on Goop for health tips through desperation soon, unless 2023 starts to deliver some good health.
A nasal irrigation device is being delivered to me today. I'm going to try it to get rid of the snot that my head seems to be full of at the moment. Videos on Insta look fun!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

McSwede wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:33 am
Gavster wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:12 am Bahhhhhhhh, damn this. It's like low-key covid - which I've tested negative for - bumbling around.

A nasal irrigation device is being delivered to me today. I'm going to try it to get rid of the snot that my head seems to be full of at the moment. Videos on Insta look fun!
Nasal irrigation? Is that a packet of gear? :lol:

I used to do Jala Neti when I practiced yoga, where you flow water up one nostril and out the other. Takes some practice, but hope it works for you - good luck!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:05 pm

I used to do Jala Neti when I practiced yoga, where you flow water up one nostril and out the other. Takes some practice, but hope it works for you - good luck!
Should be amusing if nothing else 😂
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

McSwede wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:22 pm
Gavster wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:05 pm

Should be amusing if nothing else 😂
I've done this a few times. It's a really weird sensation and I usually end up gagging a bit but it does seem to offer some short term relief.
Banal Vapid Platitudes
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

The january sick club continues, in fact, it somewhat escalated yesterday :lol:

I'd been feeling groggy for a couple of days, including a few unusual symptoms. Couldn't get an appt with the GP until Thursday and by mid-morning Sunday I was feeling quite woozy and dizzy. I phoned 111 for advice and the combination of symptoms clearly triggered their high alert, because after a handful of questions the lady stopped and said "we're sending an ambulance to you now" :shock:. Shipped off to the local hospital for a bunch of tests... which were all 100% completely clear and normal.

It appears that the symptoms could have been anything from 'nothing to worry about' through to severe internal infections or blood issues. In my case it's likely just an unfortunate side effect of a seasonal virus. Either way, being ill can GTF
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gavster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:38 am I phoned 111 for advice and the combination of symptoms clearly triggered their high alert, because after a handful of questions the lady stopped and said "we're sending an ambulance to you now" :shock:.
They've seen your TikTok feed... :lol:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

dinny_g wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:20 am
Gavster wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:38 am I phoned 111 for advice and the combination of symptoms clearly triggered their high alert, because after a handful of questions the lady stopped and said "we're sending an ambulance to you now" :shock:.
They've seen your TikTok feed... :lol:
"Do you regularly eat out of date food?" :lol:
Beany

Post by Beany »

I was off most of last week with what felt like a flu, without a cough - aching muscles, exhausted, lightheaded etc.

Quite unpleasant. Mostly recovered now, although pileup of stuff at work obviously, ho hum.

I think I've managed one week so far this year without being sick.

Fuck January.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Little one has a nasty cough, the countdown begins to all of us getting it...
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Beany wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:48 am I was off most of last week with what felt like a flu, without a cough - aching muscles, exhausted, lightheaded etc.

Quite unpleasant. Mostly recovered now, although pileup of stuff at work obviously, ho hum.

I think I've managed one week so far this year without being sick.

Fuck January.
It's virus season - I'm deffo getting the flu jab in time for next winter year
Beany

Post by Beany »

I think next year I'll just have a freezer, stock up on frozen pizza and vodka and never leave the house till early March :lol:
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

My other half was struck down with a very nasty dose in late November / Early December. My Son then picked it up and he had it throughout December and his Mock GCSE's unfortunately for him.

Just about everyone we had over for Christmas Lunch was either sick in the lead up to Christmas or came down with something between Christmas and New Years.

I haven't been sick at all :?: :shock: - I just don't EVER seem to get sick. I don't know why because it's not as if I'm living some super healthy lifestyle. quite the opposite in fact.

Must be genetic - my dad missed 3 days sick in 40 year career - which was one illness incident where he missed 3 days.
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…