The song/music thread

RobYob

Re: The song/music thread

Post by RobYob »

Delphi wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 10:42 am This is pretty much a flawless live performance by a band at the top of their game fronted by probably the finest female singer on the planet. Floor Jansen is simply jaw dropping.
I know the rebuttal is long overdue but as End of an Era is on high rotation that just sounds all wrong :P :lol:

Watched the epic new Rammstein film clip, was hoping the song would be Ich Will redux but no such luck, it's ok, nothing more.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Gavster wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:27 am
drcarlos wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:48 am I'm still spending time Dj'ing at roller discos. I quite often turn down parties as I prefer the roller discos as it's more of a club atmosphere and parties inevitably turn into a YMCA type cheese fest to get drunk people out of their seats an onto the floor, where people skating want a good and consistent beat/rhythm to skate to (the worst thing is jumping around in BPM) and the club classics and R&B really work well.
Being a virtual DJ user i've really benefitted from the release of Stems technology in the product (well worth the £350 lifetime licence I paid), i've managed a remix which was achieved by combining elements of two versions of the same track to create something that suited me (I need tracks with proper intros and outros so I can mix them as skaters don't like continuous mixing and short tracks) I did post the remix of this is real on youtube when I did it. Not a lot of hits but I still quite like it and use it in my modern set mixes.

I quite often play the vocals from one track over the instrumental of another when I'm mixing it's a really good software package. I use it with a Denon MC7000 console and a Macbook pro, either through an EV (2 x 18" bass bins and 2 x 15" tops) or DB Technologies (1 x 18" Bandpass bassbin and 2 x 15" tops) active PA system.
When I wind down from work I've always fancied playing piano myself so I might make the effort learn but for now it remains a bit of a pipe dream.
Nice :) have you been doing it for a long time? I was wondering about getting some kind of mixing setup to play with in the evenings. I don't really have any hobbies (aside from fitness and food, which are more like necessities than hobbies) and it feels like music is something that is easy to zone out with and get easily immersed, which is what I'd need in a hobby. I'm still a massive fan of loads of dance music genres, I often listen to psy-trance when I'm working because the beat keeps me sane :lol:
Just saw this from a while ago as the thread got bumped.
I've recently downloaded a great app called Koala Sampler and have started messing around with music making based around that, sampling the kids and stuff around the house. So far it's been more on the ambient side than anything else (YouTube).

I have an old (vintage!) Yamaha MIDI keyboard in the loft and I might now have a good excuse to dig it out and use if for some stuff, learn and apply a bit of music theory, try and produce something listenable. It's certainly been something to immerse myself in late at night with some headphones on (though the bags under my eyes suggest I may be overdoing it a biti).
Left over crest; tightens.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Imagine there's some Fleet Foxes fans in ere somewhere.

Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

A bit out there, but what a performance...

KiwiDave
Currently Driving: GT86

Post by KiwiDave »

I keep reliably coming back to this of late:

Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

KiwiDave wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:39 pm I keep reliably coming back to this of late:

It's absolutely brilliant, a truly stunning performance
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Been catching up on Chino Moreno's recent releases, and hadn't realised that he'd released new material under his side project Crosses. I'm quite liking this:

Tbf though, there's rarely anything that Chino turns his craft to that I don't love.
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

Rich B wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:51 pm A bit out there, but what a performance...

Blimey.

You seen his other stuff? If not, or for anyone else, Jenny’s, Screech’s and Violet’s Tale. In that order. :o 8-)
JonMad

Post by JonMad »

JonMad wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:28 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 8:51 pm A bit out there, but what a performance...

Blimey.

You seen his other stuff? If not, or for anyone else, Jenny’s, Screech’s and Violet’s Tale. In that order. :o 8-)
edit: and this new one
mik

Post by mik »

Not the sort of track you’d listen to over and over, but yeah - that was great. 8-)
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:07 pm

Not the sort of track you’d listen to over and over, but yeah - that was great. 8-)
That is really rather special - I mean fucking intense but wozers.. :shock: 8-)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

A cover of stairway to heaven that’s so breathtaking that it made Robert Plant cry 😮

mik

Post by mik »

mik wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:07 pm

I lied. I’ve now played this many many times over. Thanks for the recommendation Rich.

Edit: I’ve also watched a sample of the (approx) one million “first reaction” vids to Hi Ren. Some were guff, but I enjoyed the analysis by the cinematographer - who pointed out many things I hadn’t appreciated. Almost every vid involves the presenter choked up and struggling to speak at some point - which was my first reaction too, 8-)

He has some fabulous stuff that isn’t so much like story-telling too. This is simply beautiful (and live :shock: )

DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I've been enjoying Five Finger Death Punch of late, and rediscovered 30 Seconds to Mars "This Is War" album.

The former was a chance discovery after Spotify carried on with similar things (musically I it was correct, not thematically) when a playlist ran out. The latter is a good way to intro the munchkins to big rock without worrying about inappropriate language.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »