Decent car YouTubes

nuttinnew

Re: Decent car YouTubes

Post by nuttinnew »

I haven't watched this yet;

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:30 pm Was it just me who missed that Jodie Kidd has joined the list of motoring YouTubers?

I've mentioned her channel a while ago, she gets access to some serious kit.
Pete_

Post by Pete_ »

Don't think we had an ECOTY thread this year? Their video has gone up now - a good watch as usual.
speedingfine

Post by speedingfine »

Pete_ wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:56 pm Don't think we had an ECOTY thread this year? Their video has gone up now - a good watch as usual.
Cheers Pete, excellent stuff as usual.
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Is there any YouTuber who doesn't feel they need to interview Shmee? Jonny Smith now Jodie Kidd... It's not as if he's not told his story already on his own channel and others and it's not like he's got this long interesting history in the industry.

And relax.
Cheers,

Mike.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Just a bit of a promotional tool isn’t it, a bit of cross pollination of viewers.

I guess they think featuring him will help bring a new audience across without annoying too many existing ones who can’t stand him.
Cheers, Harry
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:55 pm Just a bit of a promotional tool isn’t it, a bit of cross pollination of viewers.

I guess they think featuring him will help bring a new audience across without annoying too many existing ones who can’t stand him.
Otherwise known as chasing clout - and it's absolutely a successful strategy, unfortunately :lol:
Ascender
Currently Driving: 2019 M2 Competition

Post by Ascender »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:00 pm
integrale_evo wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:55 pm Just a bit of a promotional tool isn’t it, a bit of cross pollination of viewers.

Otherwise known as chasing clout - and it's absolutely a successful strategy, unfortunately :lol:
Goddammit.
Cheers,

Mike.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:00 pm

Otherwise known as chasing clout

Sounds like a good name for a channel where motor bods from around the world interview each other.
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Sometimes I think America is a parallel universe :lol:

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Mat Armstrong is doing damn well financially out of the repair to his M5 competition. Seems to be the exact opposite of the repair to his Lambo :lol:
Spoiler
The cast aluminium strut tower and other parts only cost him £300 :shock:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

Been watching Todd's content from the start. He's a nice guy and we have regular chats.

If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Gavster wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:47 pm Mat Armstrong is doing damn well financially out of the repair to his M5 competition. Seems to be the exact opposite of the repair to his Lambo :lol:
Spoiler
really good video that, I watched it last night. His (second) lambo is creating plenty of content!
Simon

Post by Simon »

Agreed. I was worried after the last video, but it's good to see he's doing it all properly and has invested in the right tools to make sure it's all straight.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:20 pm
Gavster wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:47 pm Mat Armstrong is doing damn well financially out of the repair to his M5 competition. Seems to be the exact opposite of the repair to his Lambo :lol:
Spoiler
really good video that, I watched it last night. His (second) lambo is creating plenty of content!
Agreed it was really good, and it sounds like he got some great advice either from YT viewers or from BMW themselves, it was a really impressive job.
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gavster wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:39 pm
Rich B wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:20 pm
Spoiler
Agreed it was really good, and it sounds like he got some great advice either from YT viewers or from BMW themselves, it was a really impressive job.
He keeps saying he’s no mechanic but does some pretty impressive stuff!
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

His dad's a mechanic and he's got himself some impressive facilities. He's obviously teaching himself as he goes, but I reckon he does a ton of research behind the scenes. Syntner Leicester have given him a promo code so I reckon they've been helping him behind the scenes too.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Delphi wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:25 pm His dad's a mechanic and he's got himself some impressive facilities. He's obviously teaching himself as he goes, but I reckon he does a ton of research behind the scenes. Syntner Leicester have given him a promo code so I reckon they've been helping him behind the scenes too.
Which is backed up by his channels tag line. HWBT. (Hard work beats talent).