Your fleet running reports

nuttinnew

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by nuttinnew »

Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:53 pm The farmer tends to use the phrase “I haven’t heard a dick”. I thought I misheard him the first time but he definitely says that. I have no idea if it’s his own thing or if it’s something he’s just butchered :lol:
It should be dicky; dicky>dicky bird>word. Yorkshireites claim it's "I haven't heard Dickie" - Dickie>Dickie Bird>out>owt - but dicky bird predates Dickie Bird by centuries. Of course, they don't let that stop them.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:56 pm
Mito Man wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:53 pm The farmer tends to use the phrase “I haven’t heard a dick”. I thought I misheard him the first time but he definitely says that. I have no idea if it’s his own thing or if it’s something he’s just butchered :lol:
It should be dicky; dicky>dicky bird>word. Yorkshireites claim it's "I haven't heard Dickie" - Dickie>Dickie Bird>out>owt - but dicky bird predates Dickie Bird by centuries. Of course, they don't let that stop them.
Ah well that makes sense!
How about not having a sig at all?
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Little job on the 330 today - washers stopped working in the freeze a couple of weeks ago but could smell the screenwash in the cabin. Sure enough - it had popped off under the scuttle panel. Had filled up the well under the wiper motor and connector to the point it was only 1" off the connector 😳
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

tim wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:55 pm Jaguar XJ8 3.2 WillItEverBeFixed Edition - End of Year Report

The a/c is broke, meh. Windows open ok.
That's ok if it's only you in the car (or you dgaf about that particular passenger :P ).
Anyhoo, fingers crossed for no nasty surprises come the mot.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:28 pm Nearly 1000 miles over Christmas in the M2 .
:shock: Good job it's an amenable companion!
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:45 pm
Ascender wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:28 pm Nearly 1000 miles over Christmas in the M2 .
:shock: Good job it's an amenable companion!
Nice.

I've been for a run in the boxster to castleton today. It's absolutely pissing it down. The only upshot was no Lycra warriors anywhere 😀
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Had a few decent journeys in the X5 now with no odd noises or warning lights and starting to feel more confident in it.

Had a good blast to my parents and makes a great cruiser. Nice noise and decent amount of poke when you want it, quiet and comfortable on the bits in between.

Surprisingly chuckable and no where near as much roll as you’d expect, just have to watch the steering which is pretty low geared and probably the thing which ages the driving experience the most, and why I think the whole thing feels more like it’s from the e36 era despite switchgear being more like the e46.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

Had a friends 18yr old son round yesterday - he had a run in the Evora a few months back on a warm summer evening and absolutely loved it. I ran him home last night, but weather was "rather shite" and it was pitch black, so our pace was of course far lower.

On the last road before we hit his 'hood (B-road but some very fast sections) I rounded a corner - car approx 250m ahead on the other side of the road with hazards on flashing his lights vigorously. Slowed right down - what's he up to? I'd dropped to dipped beams, but as we got to about 100m the outline of around a dozen sheep (big buggars with horns) became visible. Aha.

I stopped fully, but realised he wasn't attempting to move, so thought I would start rolling forwards at walking pace. Sheep were pretty spooked however - all stood their ground until one turned and bolted - and the others followed with similar panic. All now sprinting directly towards the other car - who responded by sounded their horn and flashing their lights.

Cue a dozen spooked sheep pulling an instant 180 - now sprinting directly back at us. They'll calm and slow... they're not slowing.... With visions of splintered white-painted plastic flying everywhere now rising in my mind - I applied full horn and lights too. Thankfully they all pulled up about 2m from the nose of the car, and rather than sprinting away again, just backed off a little. Sigh of relief.

Gave them 10seconds to settle a bit, but not playing this game all night. Trundled forward at half-walking-speed and moved carefully past avoiding eye contact ;) . Guys in the other car confirmed they had just informed the farmer who was inbound.

Warned a couple of cars that were heading towards the site. Be careful out there kids.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Them sheeps are buggers.
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:14 am
jamcg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:49 pm ...is all part of the course.
As a fellow Twingo owner (well, it's my daughters car but I maintain it) I feel I should send you into the new year by picking you up on this. It's par for the course, as in golf. I would hate for people to be laughing behind you back over this ;)

Regarding the Twingo, I always understood they were basically a clio in shrink wrap. The RS shares many components with the 172 iirc, so torque figures etc should be easy to locate.

I love the way they drive though. Proper fun. My daughters (the GT) is easily fast enough to keep up with most stuff. I love it. The RS must be a blast!

I’m one of those people who continually gets sayings wrong so this is nothing new :lol:

Twingo is basically Clio chassis- front end is identical so Clio 200 engine is apparently a straight forward ish swap. I believe the twingo 1.6 is basically a smaller bore version of the 182 engine- lift the bonnet and it has that “how the fuck does that actually fit in there” appearance of a big engine in a small car

The grip the RS chassis has is silly, the speed it can carry through a corner is unreal, the rear doesn’t break into full loo, but enough to feel the car rotate and tighten massively on lift off. The gear shift light is amusing, not coming on for efficiency but waiting until 7000rpm to tell you to shift 8-)
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Gwaredd wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:14 am
jamcg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:49 pm ...is all part of the course.
As a fellow Twingo owner (well, it's my daughters car but I maintain it) I feel I should send you into the new year by picking you up on this. It's par for the course, as in golf. I would hate for people to be laughing behind you back over this ;)

Regarding the Twingo, I always understood they were basically a clio in shrink wrap. The RS shares many components with the 172 iirc, so torque figures etc should be easy to locate.

I love the way they drive though. Proper fun. My daughters (the GT) is easily fast enough to keep up with most stuff. I love it. The RS must be a blast!
I was just thinking yesterday that I’d not seen you post for a while @Gwaredd. Glad to see you 😃
Gwaredd

Post by Gwaredd »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:28 pm [

I was just thinking yesterday that I’d not seen you post for a while @Gwaredd. Glad to see you 😃
Ta. Been caught up in life, new job, etc etc. Trying to find the oomph to post an update, but I'm full of booze and turkey still, so...
Cheers.

Gwaredd
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

New job? You’re not doing the same thing but further north are you? I need some signage.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

His new job has its ups and down I heard. Though it's interesting on several levels.
mik

Post by mik »

Jobbo wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:57 pm New job?
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11544&p=161094#p161094
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:40 pm His new job has its ups and down I heard. Though it's interesting on several levels.
He’s definitely going up in the world
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Gavster wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:05 pm
Rich B wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:40 pm His new job has its ups and down I heard. Though it's interesting on several levels.
He’s definitely going up in the world
As are others on here, whose actions galvanized him. <obvs pop quiz is obvs>
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Totally missed that. Congrats on the new job Gwaredd.
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

Sold the M4 end of October, tried i4 M50 end of Nov: quick, nice cabin, phoned last week to see if I wanted a cancelled order that’s sat in Sunningdale.. nah! Taycan test drive booked.. cancelled because I went away instead. Mates have two and on boys trip, they disappear for 2+hrs to recharge every day!. Rest of us are asleep by the time they get back.. one more ice for me! M3 tried.. dull, expensive for what it is, M5 CS probably suit me better. #old

2+2 probably all I need.. so M8, 992 or Roma all considered. Test drives booked for the new year.. any other suggestions welcome.

F430 refused to start last week; swore lots as I needed it, dodgy Italian PoS etc.. noticed it’d been connected to the trickle charger, but said device wasn’t switched on! 🙈 Got a letter from Italy - recall for some breaks issue.. going in for a FOC check up and recall fix. Impressive for a 16 yo car.

Have hired lots of hire cars.. 2-3 days for £45 from LHR is good value. Had two Kias: C’eed had (very) responsive screen, so did the Stonic, which also had pedals well set for heel n’ toe - not sure why tbh! MG ZS this week has “cruise control standy” and “wind control” functions.. is a PoS but amusing me with the lost in translation issues.
Cheers,

Ian
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Sensible choice getting rid of the M4 - did you not bother with the sensible mile muncher in the end then?