Don't watch the World Cup!!! Boycott it!! Um... why?

duncs500

Re: Don't watch the World Cup!!! Boycott it!! Um... why?

Post by duncs500 »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:02 pm
DaveE wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:46 pm What's with the negligée they made Messi wear?
He’s officially a wizard now.
I think the guy giving Messi that was his boss, at first I was thinking he should say "fuck off mate, I don't want my legacy cup lifting moment photo to be in this!". Then I realised that the guy giving him it pays him a gazillion pounds a day or something.
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Glad Argentina won it, Messi is the greatest ever and not having a WC left undesirable question marks. We'll never know if he could do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke, but I'm pretty sure he could. :lol:
mr_jon

Post by mr_jon »

Glad the dirty French didn't win it.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:06 pm
Mito Man wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:02 pm
DaveE wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:46 pm What's with the negligée they made Messi wear?
He’s officially a wizard now.
I think the guy giving Messi that was his boss, at first I was thinking he should say "fuck off mate, I don't want my legacy cup lifting moment photo to be in this!". Then I realised that the guy giving him it pays him a gazillion pounds a day or something.
Yeah, Al Thani, I imagine he must have major influence over Paris Saint-German. It was apt for the whole shit show which was the oppression world cup. Backwards as ever.
How about not having a sig at all?
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

People are getting a little carried away. Up until the 1st French penalty, they were awful. So for 80mins it was pretty poor as only Argentina were playing well.

Once France equalised, then it turned into a cracking football match. Great result though.
JonMad
Currently Driving: 2015 Swift; 2012 Yeti; 2006 Fabia

Post by JonMad »

Yep, the end of the game was great and France should have won it at the end of extra time.
How often do people scoring hat tricks end up on the losing side?
Left over crest; tightens.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

nuttinnew wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:56 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:48 pm Also watching in the pub you avoid this bullshitter preaching bollocks
Well, you do.
I take it you watched this killjoy then :lol: :lol:

The football was fabulous, the politics have no place in sports.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Gary Neville ???

Tone deaf at best...
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

So what was it he said that was wrong? That people should be paid decently and have good working conditions? Other people have also highlighted the appalling conditions endured by the workers in Qatar throughout the World Cup and no one said anything. Or is it that he can highlight the plight of workers in Qatar and not people here in the UK too? You can't pick and choose.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Comparing the plight of Migrant Workers who came to Qatar to build the World Cup venues with UK Nursing Staff is like Infantino comparing the struggles of Black People all over the world with his his struggles as a Red Haired man.

We all want Nurses to get paid a decent wage for the work that they do but that analogy is unfair to the UK Government and NHS (in my opinion)
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Broccers wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:29 am
nuttinnew wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:56 pm
Broccers wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:48 pm Also watching in the pub you avoid this bullshitter preaching bollocks
Well, you do.
I take it you watched this killjoy then :lol: :lol:
No.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Broccers wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:29 am the politics have no place in sports.
I can't believe that for the first time in history a sporting event has been made political.
An absolute unit
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

Delphi wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:55 am So what was it he said that was wrong? That people should be paid decently and have good working conditions? Other people have also highlighted the appalling conditions endured by the workers in Qatar throughout the World Cup and no one said anything. Or is it that he can highlight the plight of workers in Qatar and not people here in the UK too? You can't pick and choose.
He was just trying to morality-wash his own position, which is that he's a morally bankrupt arsehole that will take money from wherever he can get it, including the Qataris
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

duncs500 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:09 pm Glad Argentina won it, Messi is the greatest ever and not having a WC left undesirable question marks. We'll never know if he could do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke, but I'm pretty sure he could. :lol:
They deserved to win it from what I saw from the highlights. But I'm still not having Messi as the GOAT. That debate will rage forever though.
GG.

Post by GG. »

mr_jon wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:17 pm Glad the dirty French didn't win it.
Eh? Did you type French instead of Argies by mistake? Even Martinez was at the underhanded tactics, shithousing to put the penalty kickers off (amazing keeper though he is)!

The fact a cheating obese cokehead is revered as a national icon is probably all you need to know.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Oh Martinez, you'd done so well, why did you have to go and ruin it 😭

GG.

Post by GG. »

His excuse was in the same vein as Otamendi's on goading the Dutch - "oh well the French fans were booing me". I mean you've just won a world cup - rise above it.

Basically, as good a footballers as they are - they're to a man a very thin skinned ill disciplined bunch of children.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

GG. wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:19 pm
Eh? Did you type French instead of Argies by mistake? Even Martinez was at the underhanded tactics, shithousing to put the penalty kickers off (amazing keeper though he is)!

The fact a cheating obese cokehead is revered as a national icon is probably all you need to know.
What’s Boris got to do with it?
An absolute unit
GG.

Post by GG. »

ZedLeg wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:55 pm
GG. wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:19 pm

What’s Boris got to do with it?
:lol:

Spotted yesterday

duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Swervin_Mervin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 1:03 pm
duncs500 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:09 pm Glad Argentina won it, Messi is the greatest ever and not having a WC left undesirable question marks. We'll never know if he could do it on a wet Tuesday night in Stoke, but I'm pretty sure he could. :lol:
They deserved to win it from what I saw from the highlights. But I'm still not having Messi as the GOAT. That debate will rage forever though.
Surely now it's only a debate between Man United fans and everyone else?