New Phone Time

ZedLeg

Re: New Phone Time

Post by ZedLeg »

Just got an iphone 13. As always with apple products it’s a lovely thing and it’s actually a little smaller than the XR it’s replacing. I guess because of the flat edge rather than the rounded sides.

Feels lighter too, almost to the point where it feels a bit more fragile.

See how it goes though.
An absolute unit
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Pretty much decide I’m going to get a 13mini.

Unlearning 15 years of using a home button is going to take a while, ive really not been a fan when I’ve used other non-button iPhones in the household.
Cheers, Harry
mik

Post by mik »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:31 pm
Unlearning 15 years of using a home button is going to take a while, ive really not been a fan when I’ve used other non-button iPhones in the household.
You get fully used to it and it soon feels natural. Think of it like riding a bike, or making love to a beautiful woman.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Is making love to a not so beautiful woman unnatural Mik? Absolutely disgraceful…
How about not having a sig at all?
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Due to no new 14 mini I decided to pick up a 13 mini just in case they suddenly started disappearing, or started dropping the higher capacity models.

I’ve had it about a week and still not totally convinced about the lack of home button, I find it harder to tell what way up it is when I get it out of my pocket and of course you have to get it the right way round for it to see your face. I’d pick the old one up with my thumb on the button, being able to feel which way round it was and it would be open before it was even in front of me, plus Face ID seems to have a worse hit rate than the print reader ( until your hands are wet or dirty anyway…)

Switching apps is fine, closing background ones seems slower and more faff, I’m not even particularly convinced that the extra screen space really does anything useful a huge amount of the time, and swiping from the top corner to get the control centre is definitely more awkward than bottom up.

But meh, it is what it is. More capacity and a wide angle camera are nice and battery life is a massive improvement over the se. Hopefully I’ll get a good few years use out of it.
Cheers, Harry
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

I'm hanging on for the pixel 7. Due out next week I believe
Marv

Post by Marv »

Went into work yesterday and collected my 13 mini.

Going to set it up at the weekend, as I cba to waste a weekday evening moving across from Andriod to iOS :lol:
Oui, je suis un motard.