BBQs

unzippy

Re: BBQs

Post by unzippy »

McSwede wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm This thread has just made me take the plunge and buy a decent charcoal BBQ. Just ordered a Weber Master-Touch 57cm, GBS, Limited Edition in Red for the princely sum of £209. Alos got a beer can bird roaster and some heat nuts for some longer cooking to be attempted soon!

8-) AF

This redhead is the first to be made and assembled in China, apparently due to whatever process/chemicals that are involved in making them red is too toxic or exspensive to be done in the US. It offends the Yanks terribly that it isn't made in Illinois anymore.
Anyway, there were a fair few at the beginning with bad enamel coverage, chips or just not packaged well and turned up dented. Check it carefully, if there are problems let Weber know - their customer service is outstanding.

PS - some reading https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/ ... -technique
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
Richard

Post by Richard »

hoyleyboyley wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:58 am went to a mates BBQ at the weekend - his missus cooked chicken in the oven first then let him finish them off on the gas bbq. :roll: :lol: :roll:
Oh dear
Richard

Post by Richard »

I made some delicious chicken last night. I was allowed to cook it from raw in the BBQ, like a big boy

Tonight - Burgers. I make great burgers
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Apart form a rotisserie (obvs) spatchcock is the best and easiest way on a bbq IMO.
The Evo forum really is a shadow of its former self. I remember when the internet was for the elite and now they seem to let any spastic on

IaFG Down Under Division
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:27 pm Apart from a rotisserie (obvs) spatchcock is the best and easiest way on a bbq IMO.

IaFG Down Under Division
JLv3.0

Post by JLv3.0 »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:20 pm
unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:27 pm Apart from a rotisserie (obvs) spatchcock is the best and easiest way on a bbq IMO.
Richard

Post by Richard »

JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

unzippy wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:42 am

8-) AF

This redhead is the first to be made and assembled in China, apparently due to whatever process/chemicals that are involved in making them red is too toxic or exspensive to be done in the US. It offends the Yanks terribly that it isn't made in Illinois anymore.
Anyway, there were a fair few at the beginning with bad enamel coverage, chips or just not packaged well and turned up dented. Check it carefully, if there are problems let Weber know - their customer service is outstanding.

PS - some reading https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/ ... -technique
Thanks for the heads up. It gets delivered tomorrow but I'm away so BBQ time on Friday methinks!
Carlos

Post by Carlos »

Get a meat thermometer as well , I couldn't get anyone to eat my spatchcock as it had a pinky hue from the smoke.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Richard wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:44 pm
JLv3.0 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:37 pm
Dunno wtf happened there? Too tired!

re thermometers, I got an instant read from here - https://thermapen.co.uk/
Excellent - well recommended.

IaFG Down Under Division
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

It's here and assembled. A superb quality piece of kit and it looks the nuts. Can't wait to cook on it!

Last edited by McSwede on Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

Images aren't displaying - grey no entry sign..

IaFG Down Under Division
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

How about now??? (above)
IanF
Currently Driving: Ferrari F430 Spider
BMW M4 Comp
Mini Cooper
LR Evoque P300e

Post by IanF »

I can see them on iPhone.
Cheers,

Ian
GG.

Post by GG. »

Limited edition no less. Inside of mine doesn't look quite to shiny now after using it twice a weekend most weekends :D
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Carlos wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:12 pm Get a meat thermometer as well , I couldn't get anyone to eat my spatchcock as it had a pinky hue from the smoke.
Hyuk hyuk!

I want one of the Weber Genesis bbqs. I don't need 4 burners but you see far more of them in the shops so I'll probably end up getting one of those for the price of the 3-burner, rather than any deal on the 3-burner, at the end of the summer.
unzippy

Post by unzippy »

McSwede wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:30 am How about now??? (above)
8-)

IaFG Down Under Division
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Managed to time it just right and get a bbq in before the big thunderstorm. Had some Spanish style sausages, honey & mustard chicken thighs with some roasted carrots, tomatoes and baby potatoes. Yummy yummy and a step on from previous efforts!
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Today's little BBQ test is a garlic and herb spatchcocked chicken. It smells fucking awesome so far! Can't wait until it's ready.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Voilà