FAO bikers

ShockDiamonds

Re: FAO bikers

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Sundayjumper wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:01 pm Ride in, up the step, then roll out backwards down the step.

You’re not the star of a nineties Levi’s advert :lol:
Yeah I know but my OCD wants it facing forward. And Rich is probably right. And fuck me when did that last happen.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Stop fretting about the bike, crack on with getting the licence.
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

No I want to endlessly worry about minutiae because without that we have nothing.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Look at the faff getting a licence entails if you want to worry about little details. Then look at the kit you need, security, etc etc
mik

Post by mik »

SD spotted next month.

V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Barry wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:20 pm That's the latest version of my sensible bike, just bigger tank and upgraded suspenders. Great bikes and enough to get around on. Very friendly motor too, so SD would be fine.
My friend does a lot of off-roading on one, I’d like to think I’d get a KTM but the Tenere are lovely bikes and would be my first pick.

Dave!
Barry

Post by Barry »

V8Granite wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:31 am
Barry wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:20 pm That's the latest version of my sensible bike, just bigger tank and upgraded suspenders. Great bikes and enough to get around on. Very friendly motor too, so SD would be fine.
My friend does a lot of off-roading on one, I’d like to think I’d get a KTM but the Tenere are lovely bikes and would be my first pick.

Dave!
It's very friendly and forgiving off road, just need the rear shock spring upgrading to your weight (on base model).
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Has anyone suggested a turntable in the garage yet?
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I think that if I were to get a bike it would be something like that Tenere, that style seems like it would be the most accommodating of my height and I've always liked the look of adventure bikes. TBH I'd probably most like something like Harry's old Africa Twin or Cagiva Dakar bikes.
An absolute unit
Barry

Post by Barry »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:34 pm I think that if I were to get a bike it would be something like that Tenere, that style seems like it would be the most accommodating of my height and I've always liked the look of adventure bikes. TBH I'd probably most like something like Harry's old Africa Twin or Cagiva Dakar bikes.
I've put nearly 13k on mine in under two years, bloody love it. Does everything and opens up loads more places to explore (green lanes etc) compared to plain road bikes.

ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Sounds ideal, back to hooning down tow paths being a menace :lol:
An absolute unit
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Barry wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:17 am

Dave!
It's very friendly and forgiving off road, just need the rear shock spring upgrading to your weight (on base model).
Barry fat shamed me 😂

Dave!
Barry

Post by Barry »

V8Granite wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:35 am

Dave!
Barry fat shamed me 😂

Dave!
Hardly, the OEM spring is rated for 75kg rider. Only Marv fits that category! 😂

I've uprated mine to 90kg spring, FYI.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Barry wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 4:09 pm
V8Granite wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 11:35 am

Barry fat shamed me 😂

Dave!
Hardly, the OEM spring is rated for 75kg rider. Only Marv fits that category! 😂

I've uprated mine to 90kg spring, FYI.
I hope a Fatty boom boom spring is available.

Dave!
mik

Post by mik »

mik

Post by mik »

Horrible incident in BSB at the weekend with Rory Skinner dragged into the back wheel of another bike. :o

No gore, but it doesn't look very comfortable. The camera angle from 15secs shows things more clearly. :?

Good news is that he is "released from hospital, following scans showing numerous fractures in his hand that require surgery. Feeling beaten up, but after a thorough examination, the skinner name will live on". That could have been really nasty. :?

Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

New to this thread, after MANY false starts I have my CBT completed and I have a 2 hour conversion lesson booked to move me from the 125s up to the bigger bikes for a direct access course. Assuming all goes well I’m looking at getting something along the lines of a Triumph Trident/Ninja etc. but I haven’t decided, I’ve sat on a Trident and a Ninja 650 and I preferred the seating position of the Ninja. SD, you say the bike will only be used for pottering, I always imagined the Pan European to be a long distance cruiser, hence the name? Anyway, whatever you do stay safe with it, I’m planning on getting extra tuition on whatever bike I buy once I’ve passed.
Barry

Post by Barry »

Trident or Ninja 650, both decent in their own right, get the one you like best. Nice one Gav 👍
Marv

Post by Marv »

Good stuff Gav, keep at it. Once you've passed the tests for the full licence, biking just gets better and better 👍
Oui, je suis un motard.
mik

Post by mik »

@ShockDiamonds - what did you decide in the end?