Accountants, Companies house, Barclays.

RobYob

Accountants, Companies house, Barclays.

Post by RobYob »

Engage rant .

Having moved end of last year back to Aus from the UK we're still trying to tie up effing loose ends on the other side of the world.

So far the fuckups have included but are certainly not limited to.

Barclays losing £3k in HMRC refund cheques, cheques now cancelled and being reissued but could be another 6 months to get them.

Lastest and greatest though, we discovered last week is our accountants somehow missed two letters from Companies house about our small company being delisted. This has Resulted in Barclays closing our business accounts without any communication even though we still have personal accounts with them! £2.5k missing, status unknown.

The only reason we didn't close the ***king company on departing the UK was so we could correctly complete a 21-22FY return and shut it properly as advised by accountants.

Serisouly, why would you bother trying to do the right thing?
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Re: Accountants, Companies house, Barclays.

Post by Gavster »

What a clusterfuck :x hope the money all reappears!

I get my accountant to do everything with my companies but at the same time live in constant fear of a brown envelope
mik

Post by mik »

Yep, that’s worthy of a moan! :evil:
Delphi
Currently Driving: Porsche 928 S4, Porsche 987 Boxster 2.7, Volvo XC40

Post by Delphi »

When I closed my company down, I got a letter from Barclays stating they'd closed my business accounts and any money left in there went to the crown. My accountant had previously told me to empty the bank accounts once they'd started the striking off process.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Delphi wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 am When I closed my company down, I got a letter from Barclays stating they'd closed my business accounts and any money left in there went to the crown. My accountant had previously told me to empty the bank accounts once they'd started the striking off process.
Dont you just take it all out and keep it?
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Broccers wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:02 pm
Delphi wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:23 am When I closed my company down, I got a letter from Barclays stating they'd closed my business accounts and any money left in there went to the crown. My accountant had previously told me to empty the bank accounts once they'd started the striking off process.
That used to be the process 😂 I wound down a Ltd in 2010 and that was the advice my accountant gave me.

I liquidated another in 2020 and had to pay 10% tax on it all.
RobYob

Post by RobYob »

I've read the same about money's left in an account belonging to the crown. No doubt it'll be great fun attempting to get it back...

I've finally had a response from our accountant that they're starting some process to reverse Co House's delisting.

No apology for their collosal fuckup.

Another tiny turd on the shit sandwich is we paid Royalmail to forward our post for six months after out departure to prevent shitstorms exactly like this one.

But no, no letters, emails, phone calls, or in app messages from any of the useless cunts.
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Well, if you're smart and nominate a fuck ton of shareholders, you can take £2K per shareholder tax free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay tax on it.
If you get all wobbly-lipped about the opinion of Internet strangers, maybe it's time to take a bath with the toaster as you'll never amount to sh1t anyway.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Delphi wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:20 am
Well, if you're smart and nominate a fuck ton of shareholders, you can take £2K per shareholder tax free. Otherwise, you'll have to pay tax on it.
Dont you get entrepreneurs relief these days? I would wait for the guv to come knocking. Should also have taken their 50k bounce back and run off ;)

(This is a joke for all those incapable of understanding)
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

Entrepreneur’s relief is why you pay 10% tax instead of whatever the tax would be taking the remaining balance as a dividend. Or as I remember anyway.
Delphi

Post by Delphi »

Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 am Dont you get entrepreneurs relief these days? I would wait for the guv to come knocking. Should also have taken their 50k bounce back and run off ;)

It's more tax efficient to do the shareholder thing than claim entrepreneur's relief. I'd have paid 10% tax instead of 0%.
Broccers

Post by Broccers »

Delphi wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:22 pm
Broccers wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:07 am Dont you get entrepreneurs relief these days? I would wait for the guv to come knocking. Should also have taken their 50k bounce back and run off ;)

It's more tax efficient to do the shareholder thing than claim entrepreneur's relief. I'd have paid 10% tax instead of 0%.
But you just gave them 100 percent ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: