Supercar Market Update

SSO

Supercar Market Update

Post by SSO »

Just finished an article on the current Supercar Market and where it might be headed.

https://karenable.com/supercar-market-i ... july-2022/

Thoughts? Comments?
RobYob

Re: Supercar Market Update

Post by RobYob »

The "calm" before the storm?

I used to think of Koenigsegg as a bit quirky, interesting and innovative. But it seems it now comes with a large dose of financial shenanigans now too.

So the "trinity" of 918/P1/LfF are holding for now (ongoing maintenance bills will be fascinating) but how about those final conventional supercars like Carrera GT?

Oh and an example of ongoing sportscar price madness the '87 supercharged MR2 I was pleased to sell for $8k in 2010 is now listed for $40k :lol: :cry:
SSO

Re: Supercar Market Update

Post by SSO »

RobYob wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:13 pm The "calm" before the storm?

I used to think of Koenigsegg as a bit quirky, interesting and innovative. But it seems it now comes with a large dose of financial shenanigans now too.

So the "trinity" of 918/P1/LfF are holding for now (ongoing maintenance bills will be fascinating) but how about those final conventional supercars like Carrera GT?

Oh and an example of ongoing sportscar price madness the '87 supercharged MR2 I was pleased to sell for $8k in 2010 is now listed for $40k :lol: :cry:
Yes on the storm.

On the K'eggs, been this way for quite awhile.