Amber Heards Career

ZedLeg

Re: Amber Heards Career

Post by ZedLeg »

Their therapist said that the relationship was mutually abusive, there isn’t a clear cut victim or perpetrator. Which is why the whole media circus around the trial has been kind of gross.

It was two people in an abusive relationship who’ve now dragged all the baggage out into public. It’s sad and the way people have been hashtag picking sides over it is weird.
An absolute unit
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:57 am Their therapist said that the relationship was mutually abusive, there isn’t a clear cut victim or perpetrator. Which is why the whole media circus around the trial has been kind of gross.

It was two people in an abusive relationship who’ve now dragged all the baggage out into public. It’s sad and the way people have been hashtag picking sides over it is weird.
So you've started doing some research! Cool - carry on, it's pretty engaging stuff!

So the whole case was about accusations of sexual violence and IPV. Keep on digging, see if there's any actual evidence against Depp (there's plenty against Heard, mostly from her own mouth!) then look for evidence of how credible she is, if she's lied about anything, or maybe if she has a history of Abusing partners... etc...

I get it though - It's pretty easy to just look at them and think "he's an older man who has a drug problem and he's a bit odd and she's a pretty young woman. Clearly he's the abuser." Or "well they both must be abusers because they're both a bit odd".
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I have seen stuff about the case, it's been impossible to avoid on Twitter. I'm just not as interested in seeing famous people be miserable as a lot of people seem to be.

It seems like one of those situations where people are using a situation where there is some valid criticism of a woman to flex some old fashioned misogyny though.
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

The point being, if there was a single bit of evidence that proved a single instance of sexual abuse or IPV, then Heard would have won and rightly so.

There were lots of proved instances of Heard violently abusing Depp though - lots from Heard herself.
V8Granite

Post by V8Granite »

Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:21 am
ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:57 am Their therapist said that the relationship was mutually abusive, there isn’t a clear cut victim or perpetrator. Which is why the whole media circus around the trial has been kind of gross.

I get it though - It's pretty easy to just look at them and think "he's an older man who has a drug problem and he's a bit odd and she's a pretty young woman. Clearly he's the abuser." Or "well they both must be abusers because they're both a bit odd".
She accused him of some pretty serious stuff, rape etc.

What did surprise me was the recordings she took of him trying to get away from the arguments, him hiding in toilets and her trying to break in, her winding him up and somehow she thought this was proof he was an abuser and it would help her?

I really expected much more evidence of him being a bit mental, considering the huge amount of photos she took there was just no evidence.

Also the $15,000,000 in damages is false, it’s only $10,350,000 as the limit was 350,000 for punitive damages.

Dave!
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:24 am I have seen stuff about the case, it's been impossible to avoid on Twitter. I'm just not as interested in seeing famous people be miserable as a lot of people seem to be.

It seems like one of those situations where people are using a situation where there is some valid criticism of a woman to flex some old fashioned misogyny though.
reverse the sexes in your head and see if you think the same.
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

Woke person in “The truth doesn’t support my woke agenda so ignore the truth” non-shocker… :roll:
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was right…
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Nah, you know what. I can feel myself being drawn in and I'm not doing it :lol:.
An absolute unit
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Have some compassion chaps. Let's not forget that her dog stepped on a bee.
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:46 am Nah, you know what. I can feel myself being drawn in and I'm not doing it :lol:.
yeah, you might learn some of the facts of the case and have to double back on yourself!
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

It won’t matter…

Women accuses a man of stuff…

He’s Guilty?? Stone him to death.
She’s guilty of lying?? Show her some compassion or else you’re misogynistic!

Etc…

It’s their code!
JLv3.0 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:53 am It won’t matter…

Women accuses a man of stuff…

He’s Guilty?? Stone him to death.
She’s guilty of lying?? Show her some compassion or else you’re misogynistic!

Etc…

It’s their code!
I appear to have hit a nerve Dinny :lol:
An absolute unit
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

...aaand he's back in.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'm just curious as to why Dinny seems to have gone completely hysterical about what I've said.
An absolute unit
240PP
Currently Driving: A5 3.0 TDI, 987 S.

Post by 240PP »

I think he’s taking the piss at your default woke stance despite evidence to the contrary that you’ve admitted to not paying any attention to.
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

I'll give £5 to anyone who knows what woke actually means without googling it.
An absolute unit
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

240PP wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm I think he’s taking the piss at your default woke stance despite evidence to the contrary that you’ve admitted to not paying any attention to.
Pretty much this. And I’m far from hysterical… :lol:
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

dinny_g wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:11 pm
240PP wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:48 pm I think he’s taking the piss at your default woke stance despite evidence to the contrary that you’ve admitted to not paying any attention to.
Pretty much this. And I’m far from hysterical… :lol:
yep, you've backed yourself in a corner Zed - not helped by the thread mini-flounces!
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

Not really, I stopped discussing the trial. I was more curious about Dinny's outburst. Just a bit slow on the uptake today :lol:
An absolute unit
Rich B

Post by Rich B »

ZedLeg wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:40 pm Not really, I stopped discussing the trial. I was more curious about Dinny's outburst. Just a bit slow on the uptake today :lol:
Thats fine if you're slow on the uptake, but Dinny was right - you made statements about a case you knew very little about based on prejudices you clearly have against who can be the victim of domestic violence.

Sadly this was the exact reason that The News Group won the case in the UK - no one believed that a women could be anything other than a victim.