Thieving gits.

McSwede

Thieving gits.

Post by McSwede »

Just had my 330e broken into. They stole a rucksack that was concealed in the boot. It contained my running trainers and two lots of gym gear ๐Ÿ˜‚

A bloody inconvenience though!!

mik

Re: Thieving gits.

Post by mik »

:evil:
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Cunts.

They ran off with your plate too :shock:
How about not having a sig at all?
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

If they did take the numberplate then thatโ€™s what they were really after
Beany

Post by Beany »

McSwede wrote: โ†‘Mon May 09, 2022 7:28 pm Just had my 330e broken into. They stole a rucksack that was concealed in the boot. It contained my running trainers and two lots of gym gear ๐Ÿ˜‚

A bloody inconvenience though!!
Please tell me both sets of gym gear were extra whiffy after some particularly epic sessions?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Bad luck - hope it can be fixed quickly.

Iโ€™d never thought the BMW boot windows were less secure than one piece boots but perhaps they are if they just lift up when broken.
GG.

Post by GG. »

Damn that is annoying.

As mentioned make sure you flag to the police that the plate has been nicked if the were responsible for that.
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Jobbo wrote: โ†‘Mon May 09, 2022 9:38 pm Bad luck - hope it can be fixed quickly.

Iโ€™d never thought the BMW boot windows were less secure than one piece boots but perhaps they are if they just lift up when broken.
well yeah, they are just the glass, so once broken there is no structure. The lock is still locked! I never really though about the security issue - I use the one on the F31 all the time.
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

Beany wrote: โ†‘Mon May 09, 2022 8:39 pm Please tell me both sets of gym gear were extra whiffy after some particularly epic sessions?
Maybe that's why they took it :shock:
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Good morning all. Gym gear was as fresh as a summer breeze ๐Ÿ˜‚

Number plate is still there I just used the voodoo that is the magic eraser on my Pixel 6 Pro. It's the shizzle.

Ended up out and getting hammered last night so am very hard of thinking! Not the best for dealing with insurance nonsense this morning ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฏ

The boot glass doesn't make it any less secure that a normal boot window. At least now I can pretend it's an Integrale boot spoiler in full wanker mode. I'm sure it'll add some downforce.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

What a pisser. The same thing happened to both my F36 and my E91. These days I never, ever leave anything in my car.

There is one huge benefit to rear windows which open like a hatch - you won't get any stray glass in the cavities within the tailgate. On my 4 series there were pieces of glass rattling around for months after it was replaced.
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

That is a pisser. People are cvnts aren't they?

Rminds me that years ago when my dad worked at Salford Quays he just left his parcel shelf at home - scrotes would smash the hatch glass to see if there was anything in the boot, so the answer as to keep nothing in the boot and to make sure they could see in.
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Autoglass coming today to make it water tight and then fit the glass on Friday.

There's glass everywhere.
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Your hand local car wash will do a 'broken glass special' boot cleaning service ๐Ÿ‘Œ
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

Gavster wrote: โ†‘Tue May 10, 2022 3:41 pm Your hand local car wash will do a 'broken glass special' boot cleaning service ๐Ÿ‘Œ
That's a great idea!
GG.

Post by GG. »

McSwede wrote: โ†‘Tue May 10, 2022 4:28 pm
Gavster wrote: โ†‘Tue May 10, 2022 3:41 pm Your hand local car wash will do a 'broken glass special' boot cleaning service ๐Ÿ‘Œ
That's a great idea!
Just make sure they're not coding keys whilst they're at it. Don't want to be stung twice in quick succession...
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

My repair now cannot take place until next Friday ๐Ÿคฏ๐Ÿคฏ

Just booked a hire car with Sixt and went for the lucky dip option. Let's see how badly I do when I collect my mystery vehicle at 2pm ๐Ÿ˜‚
dinny_g

Post by dinny_g »

McSwede wrote: โ†‘Fri May 13, 2022 12:21 pm I collect my mystery vehicle at 2pm ๐Ÿ˜‚
Let's hope they're open...

I recently booked a car for a 16:30 to 16:45 pick-up. I phoned the guy to get the registration plate (for parking) that morning and he concluded the call with a cheery "See you about Half Four then Sir"

I arrived at 16:20 to fine them locked up for the weekend - they closed at 16:00 :roll:
JLv3.0 wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:26 pm I say this rarely Dave, but listen to Dinny because he's right.
Rich B wrote: โ†‘Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:57 pm but Dinny was rightโ€ฆ
McSwede

Post by McSwede »

I ended up with a Citroen C5 aircross. It has an engine of some kind and is quite nice to waft up the M1. Even managed 55mpg which ain't bad for a big lump with a small engine.