End of an era

DeskJockey

End of an era

Post by DeskJockey »

I've just cancelled my subscription. Whether I've outgrown the magazine or the content is poorer than in years past I don't know. But when reading it began to feel like a chore, it was time to cancel.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
mik

Re: End of an era

Post by mik »

I cancelled my sub a few months after they closed the forum. I hadn’t been keeping up with the content for some time by then.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

Well I haven't cancelled, but I have received an e-mail this morning saying that I've received my last ever issue of Evo and referring to cancellation of my subscription. I subscribe by direct debit, which is taken in two payments each year and the next payment is not due until the end of July. So even if I had cancelled, I'd expect to keep receiving the magazine until July.

Anyone else had this? Is it an indication that they're closing the mag or just a glitch in my sub?
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:48 am Well I haven't cancelled, but I have received an e-mail this morning saying that I've received my last ever issue of Evo and referring to cancellation of my subscription. I subscribe by direct debit, which is taken in two payments each year and the next payment is not due until the end of July. So even if I had cancelled, I'd expect to keep receiving the magazine until July.

Anyone else had this? Is it an indication that they're closing the mag or just a glitch in my sub?
I had this too and was a bit confused also

I'm the same as you in terms of my sub (it just keeps rolling I think)

Maybe a glitch?

Hopefully not a sign that they're closing...
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I've tried to call them, waited for a while then left my number for a call back. I'll update when I've spoken to them.
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Thanks Simon 👍
scotta

Post by scotta »

Jobbo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:22 am I've tried to call them, waited for a while then left my number for a call back. I'll update when I've spoken to them.
Ping Stuart Gallagher on twitter.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

scotta wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 10:38 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:22 am I've tried to call them, waited for a while then left my number for a call back. I'll update when I've spoken to them.
Ping Stuart Gallagher on twitter.
A couple of people already have done - I've e-mailed 'eds@evo.co.uk' about it as he suggested.
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

DaveE wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 9:03 am
Jobbo wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 8:48 am Well I haven't cancelled, but I have received an e-mail this morning saying that I've received my last ever issue of Evo and referring to cancellation of my subscription. I subscribe by direct debit, which is taken in two payments each year and the next payment is not due until the end of July. So even if I had cancelled, I'd expect to keep receiving the magazine until July.

I had this too and was a bit confused also

I'm the same as you in terms of my sub (it just keeps rolling I think)

Maybe a glitch?

Hopefully not a sign that they're closing...
Well, it's happened to me this morning as well. Had an email saying I had received my last subscriber issue - despite paying my direct debit for the last few years. Glad I checked on here before moaning at them again as it was only a week since my last grumble to them. I'd asked why we regular subscribers don't get stickers or other goodies as part of the renewal process -just to acknowledge our continued dedication to the mag. I got a reply that ignored that actual question but instead said that they have no current competitions for subscribers!

I'll email them in a bit and ask what the problem is.
Cockwobble
mikeyb
Currently Driving: R56 Mini GP2
R53 Mini Cooper S
L322 Range Rover Westminster
BMW F30 330d

Post by mikeyb »

I too received the same email but I was expecting it, as I cancelled my DD a couple of months ago (quarterly DDs). I just don't seem to have the time to read them. The content seems paired back and/or irrelevant to what I want to read. A shame really, as I've subscribed for many years (albeit not for as long as others).
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Could it be that they're dropping the separate subscriber issue and you'll get the retail version?
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
davecG60

Post by davecG60 »

DeskJockey wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 12:07 pm Could it be that they're dropping the separate subscriber issue and you'll get the retail version?
Hope not! It's not much of a bonus but the subs cover is pretty nice.
I've had a reply ( via twitter ) to forward my "end of sub" email back to eds@EVO.co.uk, so we will wait and see what the reply is.
Cockwobble
mik

Post by mik »

From what I have seen on Twitter, the same happened to Octane subscribers too. Looks more like a system glitch?
Nathan

Post by Nathan »

2008 for me
Real-life Females
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I have been subscribed for almost a quarter of a century, since just after I passed my test. Thankfully, young me picked up Evo to sit and read on the beach one day. Can't imagine my car history would have been the same had I picked up Max Power or similar :D
Jimmy Choo

Post by Jimmy Choo »

Banal Vapid Platitudes
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Thanks @Jimmy Choo
DaveE

Post by DaveE »

Just had an email confirming everything is ok and it was just a bit of a cock-up, plus a 15% discount on merch as a 'sorry'
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I got the same, but no response to my request for a call back. They seem pretty disorganised these days.