UPS

MikeHunt

UPS

Post by MikeHunt »

I ordered a lockdown purchase in March, it was shipped from Europe in April and has been in Stanford le hope for circa 10 weeks.

About 2 weeks ago, I was asked to pay customs charges online and took this as light at the end of the tunnel.

In the meantime, my wife ordered clothing from Spain. It was also shipped by UPS and took 1 week to be delivered.

At one point last Thursday, both parcels, were in the same local depot and both out for delivery. The brown van delivered only her parcel, the delivery guy checked but wasn’t carrying anything for me. Violence may or may not have been at the back of my mind.

Since then, the parcel tracking has showed as delayed. They then hand delivered an invoice for shipping which I had already paid, I spoke to them and they said that it wasn’t showing as paid on all of their systems. They then hand delivered an invoice for 1p as they had miscalculated.

Final insult is that the parcel is now showing as delivered on the same day as the other parcel last week.

The seller is blaming brexit, but that doesn’t make sense as my wife had a completely different experience and also from Europe.
Explosive Newt

Re: UPS

Post by Explosive Newt »

I’ve had terrible experiences with them just losing stuff. We had to send a bit of medical kit back to Germany for repair and it was sent back to us. First they said they had delivered it to us (they hadn’t). Then they said they had delivered it somewhere in the hospital (they couldn’t say where… and they hadn’t). Then it emerged it was somewhere in the depot.

A lot of phone calls and emphasis on this actually being needed for important medical work and did I say my name begins with “Doctor” and it finally appeared…
Swervin_Mervin

Post by Swervin_Mervin »

MikeHunt wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:00 pm I ordered a lockdown purchase in March, it was shipped from Europe in April and has been in Stanford le hope for circa 10 weeks.

About 2 weeks ago, I was asked to pay customs charges online and took this as light at the end of the tunnel.

In the meantime, my wife ordered clothing from Spain. It was also shipped by UPS and took 1 week to be delivered.

At one point last Thursday, both parcels, were in the same local depot and both out for delivery. The brown van delivered only her parcel, the delivery guy checked but wasn’t carrying anything for me. Violence may or may not have been at the back of my mind.

Since then, the parcel tracking has showed as delayed. They then hand delivered an invoice for shipping which I had already paid, I spoke to them and they said that it wasn’t showing as paid on all of their systems. They then hand delivered an invoice for 1p as they had miscalculated.

Final insult is that the parcel is now showing as delivered on the same day as the other parcel last week.

The seller is blaming brexit, but that doesn’t make sense as my wife had a completely different experience and also from Europe.
I ordered some trainers from Germany a couple of weeka ago. Didn't turn up on the day UPS had texted me they would be. I was sure it was just customs clearances and sure enough they turned up a few days later. But their tracking service is utter dogshit as it was still showing as out for delivery for 4 days prior even after I'd taken delivery
ZedLeg

Post by ZedLeg »

UPS has been terrible this year. We’re still getting parcels as rts that were originally shipped in December. They shit themselves in over Brexit and haven’t really recovered.

Most of the volume we shipped with them has moved to the warehouse we ended up setting in Germany.
An absolute unit
Simon

Post by Simon »

Talking about couriers - Last week one of the IT guys pinged me to let me know I was due a new MacBook. Since they've permanently closed our office they have to courier out new ones and then collect the old ones later.

He asked me to keep the box the new one comes in to use to send the old one back in a couple of weeks, as "they don't like to receive old MacBooks back in pizza boxes". Apparently yes, someone did that. So I was like "pics or it didn't happen".

And sure enough he sent me over a pic of a returned laptop in a pizza box that they received a few weeks ago. It even still had some cheese on the box ffs.

Some people are just grim.
The artist formerly known as _Who_
Beany

Post by Beany »

You'd think that'd be a written warning for damaging company equipment.

Well, you'd hope....
duncs500

Post by duncs500 »

Yep, I've found UPS to be shite as well.

They claimed they'd tried to deliver a parcel even though they didn't as I was in all day, then you go and try to deal with it on the Web page and it's a total car crash, couldn't enter UK postcode etc, some sort of circular reference when doing it by phone that always takes you back to the main menu. Just an all round mess at a time when I feel couriers are generally raising their game IME.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Perhaps a coincidence, but ups is Danish for whoopsie.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

I am moving house this week (needs a whole moving thread of its own) and the removal company have a truck here preloading boxes before the big day.

The missing parcel has appeared on the van, it 100% wasn't in the garage as it was emptied into a skip at the weekend. One of the neighbours has presumably been hoarding it for months or ups have found it att the back of their warehouse and dropped it off.

The whole thing makes no sense and I feel dodgy have a "free" bonus item. :?: :?
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

I’ve had my own UPS fuck up. Ordered a pond pump on behalf of my dad with delivery to his address. UPS never delivered it (it turns out they just gave it to a random house).

I was unaware of this as I wasn’t given the tracker so I emailed the seller last week (about 2 weeks after ordering) and he tells me it’s been left with a neighbour - fortunately there’s a decent photo and it’s a distinctive house which I recognise about 1/3 of a mile down the street!
Knock on their door on Saturday and the chap answering says he hasn’t had any deliveries. I show him the picture of his house on the tracker and he then “checks with the wife” and says they did get something by mistake and his wife sent it back to the sender.

Righto… So on Wednesday the seller emails me to say they have now received the item and sent it again.

“Neighbour” was trying steal it and only returned it after I showed them evidence that they have it…
How about not having a sig at all?
MikeHunt

Post by MikeHunt »

Mito Man wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:21 pm I’ve had my own UPS fuck up. Ordered a pond pump on behalf of my dad with delivery to his address. UPS never delivered it (it turns out they just gave it to a random house).

I was unaware of this as I wasn’t given the tracker so I emailed the seller last week (about 2 weeks after ordering) and he tells me it’s been left with a neighbour - fortunately there’s a decent photo and it’s a distinctive house which I recognise about 1/3 of a mile down the street!
Knock on their door on Saturday and the chap answering says he hasn’t had any deliveries. I show him the picture of his house on the tracker and he then “checks with the wife” and says they did get something by mistake and his wife sent it back to the sender.

Righto… So on Wednesday the seller emails me to say they have now received the item and sent it again.

“Neighbour” was trying steal it and only returned it after I showed them evidence that they have it…
I can imagine the poor guy being forced to dig a pond by his wife, maybe you saved him :lol:
John

Post by John »

Just to show how it should be done. A bike part was sent to me yesterday from Spain via DHL and it’s arrived today.