Moers exiting Aston

DeskJockey

Moers exiting Aston

Post by DeskJockey »

According to an article on Jalopnik. Only two years in and two months after Stroll assured the press he wasn't going.

Wonder what chaos this will cause.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
ShockDiamonds

Re: Moers exiting Aston

Post by ShockDiamonds »

Saw this on Twitter, and seems it’s confirmed by AM themselves. Odd, was only just reading in evo about how much Stroll wants him to stay and likes him.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:51 pm Saw this on Twitter, and seems it’s confirmed by AM themselves. Odd, was only just reading in evo about how much Stroll wants him to stay and likes him.
Inevitable delay between print and digital I guess.
---
ShockDiamonds

Post by ShockDiamonds »

DeskJockey wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:54 pm
ShockDiamonds wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:51 pm Saw this on Twitter, and seems it’s confirmed by AM themselves. Odd, was only just reading in evo about how much Stroll wants him to stay and likes him.
Inevitable delay between print and digital I guess.
Yeah but that’s an awful lot of admiration gone in a few short months. Presumably Moers has got himself something else.

Just to clarify, I was referring to the story in the mag a month or two ago, not its reproduction on the website.
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I knew what you meant. As for Moers I'm sure he's got enough squirreled away to be okay for a while.
---
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Did sso not predict this a little while back?
Cheers, Harry
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Looking more and more likely that the whole team will be sold to VAG. How much longer is stroll going to squander away money on this failure?
How about not having a sig at all?
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

If they're selling to VW then he'll stick around long enough to make a packet I'm sure.

Interesting if the F1 goes to VW and Moers is gone, what happens to the road car engines? No more AMG tech. Audi have V8s, and there's the Bentley ones too, but not sure that's a good fit for Aston.
---
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Selling to vw is probably the only way he could get his son out of f1 without also being the person to do it……
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:28 pm If they're selling to VW then he'll stick around long enough to make a packet I'm sure.

Interesting if the F1 goes to VW and Moers is gone, what happens to the road car engines? No more AMG tech. Audi have V8s, and there's the Bentley ones too, but not sure that's a good fit for Aston.
Remember the “Aston Martin f1 team” is Aston Martin in the same way “Alfa Romeo f1” is Alfa Romeo- it’s just what it’s called, it’s not technically part of the Aston Martin company other than it’s the same bloke who owns it
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

I know that. But the AMG engine link goes across both entities. They may not care, but if the road cars are using VW engines, you'd think that both sides would want to replicate that in the race cars.
---
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

DeskJockey wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:51 pm I know that. But the AMG engine link goes across both entities. They may not care, but if the road cars are using VW engines, you'd think that both sides would want to replicate that in the race cars.
I was working on the assumption it would become Audi f1 team and no longer have any association at all with aston and probably utilise the red bull porsche engine
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

That's would make sense.
---
nuttinnew

Post by nuttinnew »

integrale_evo wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:36 pm Did sso not predict this a little while back?
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11443