Your fleet running reports

16vCento
Currently Driving: XFS Portfolio
V60 D3 SE
Xantia Activa

Re: Your fleet running reports

Post by 16vCento »

Serviced the V60 this afternoon, 92 quid for 6 litres of Miller 0w30, Oil Filter, Air Filter and 2Lt of Brake Fluid.

Continues to be a big, comfy reliable car.

Quite fancy a Polestar one but they are all silly money for what they are.

Need to get the XF on the computer next week to see if I can code out the hazards under heavy braking as its doing my head in, its in the CCF somewhere, just need to find it.
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

I keep forgetting to do that on the mito.

It kicks in way too early, especially on uneven surfaces. I think it makes me look like a div so end up lifting off the brakes which probably isn’t a great idea :lol:
Cheers, Harry
DeskJockey

Post by DeskJockey »

Not my car but FiLs: while avoiding an oncoming car on a single track road the front n/s went into a big hole and knackered the tyre. Luckily no damage to the suspension, but the wheel has taken a knock. I suggested he gets them repaired

Space saver fitted and off to Kwik Fit in Sudbury who did a sterling service. Called ahead to check as it was 3 o'clock and they said they'd be fine to fit two new tyres (n/s rear was nearly on the wear markers) before closing for the day (we were 20 minutes away). From start to finish took 25 minutes and we left with a pair of new Goodyear's fitted at a very reasonable price. What could have complicated a holiday fairly significantly ended up a minor disruption.
---
Driving a Galaxy far far away
integrale_evo

Post by integrale_evo »

Front winter tyres finally taken off the merc. It had popped up a brake wear message the other day so wanted a look at those too. Had just started catching the pad wear indicator. Plenty of life left so will get some ordered instead of rushing out to buy whatever euros have in stock.

Osf calliper on the compact unstickied with new piston and seals. Gave the engine bay a quick wipe over while I was there, then gave the rest of the car a wash. Roof has dulled down a little ( as expected with 1k acrylic lacquer as it fully hardens ) so will give it another polish if I get a chance.

Hoping to get started on the Sud tomorrow 😬
Cheers, Harry
Gavster
Currently Driving: ya mum

Post by Gavster »

Sold the 4-series on eBay for £9820, being collected on Tuesday 🎉
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Yay !!!
Zonda_

Post by Zonda_ »

Gavster wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:04 am Sold the 4-series on eBay for £9820, being collected on Tuesday 🎉
You'll be glad to be rid now you have the mighty Note!
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Zonda_ wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:06 am
Gavster wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:04 am Sold the 4-series on eBay for £9820, being collected on Tuesday 🎉
You'll be glad to be rid now you have the mighty Note!
Totally, it's proven to be really handy little car around town :) and it appreciated some good runs on the motorway with a few Italian tune-ups along the way :D
Matty
Currently Driving: Up! GTi, Alfa 4C

Post by Matty »

Selling a BMW on eBay? That's brave :lol:
Rich B
Currently Driving: M2 Competition

Post by Rich B »

Matty wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:18 pm
swap for a 2008 ford fucos, cash my way?
Gavster

Post by Gavster »

Matty wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:18 pm
It's been an easy process, there were loads of watchers and I created a template reply to cut n paste for the lowball offers. The real people who either test drove or actually won it have been really nice to deal with.
John

Post by John »

After three years and 14000 miles I've sold the Vito. Probably the easiest vehicle to sell that I've owned, no doubt due to the huge shortage of vans at the moment. It was also a euro 6 so can be driven into the new low emission zones that are starting to appear in more and more places. It sold for 2k over the purchase price and I suspect I could have got more but it went to a local decorator and we were both happy with the price.

As to a replacement I think we are going to change my wife's Focus for a dual purpose vehicle such as the new Transit Connect Tourneo or the VW Caddy, these are the same vehicle now but with a slightly different front end. An outsider is the Dacia Jogger :o
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

What does your wife think of that suggestion?
John

Post by John »

I'm sure she won't mind once she's calmed down.
Sundayjumper
Currently Driving: Peugeot 406

Post by Sundayjumper »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:12 pm What does your wife think of that suggestion?
If she was a lady, she wouldn’t be talking with her mouth full.
Jobbo
Currently Driving: S6 Avant, Jimny, Macan, Mini

Post by Jobbo »

John wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:17 pm I'm sure she won't mind once she's calmed down.
😄
jamcg

Post by jamcg »

Jogger is a lot of car for the money. Shame it doesn’t come with a lot of engine for the size it is.
Mito Man

Post by Mito Man »

Just went on the Dogging website to see what the actual engine is. Doesn’t say anything about it aside from petrol and manual gearbox :lol:
Guess most people really don’t give a shit apart from the co2 now.
How about not having a sig at all?
Maurice

Post by Maurice »

What with it being Easter Sunday and it being due new fronts next week, thought today was the perfect time to “resurrect” the Exige (LOL) and try and finish off the fronts.

Weather played ball and roads were mercifully quiet, which meant it was the first time I’ve meaningfully used Sport mode. I’m not sure whether like in the older Exige V6S it still changes the throttle map or not, but arse dyno would certainly suggest so, as it definitely felt more rapid still. Downside is that it overrides the manual exhaust valve button, meaning it’s stuck being “relatively” quiet until 4.5k rpm, rather than a yob all the time.

Otherwise performed faultlessly all day. It even managed to terrorise a young lad in an E92 M3 who seemed surprised by its rapid appearance in his mirror. He then panicked, accelerated thinking he’d drop me (silly billy), and upon quickly realising that wasn’t going to work, couldn’t get out my way quick enough, despite it being right in the middle of some of the twistiest twisties.

Currently pondering giving it a spruce up for summer with another ceramic coat being added at some point.

8-)
John

Post by John »

Mito Man wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:56 pm Just went on the Dogging website to see what the actual engine is. Doesn’t say anything about it aside from petrol and manual gearbox :lol:
Guess most people really don’t give a shit apart from the co2 now.
It's a three cylinder one litre turbo, the same layout as in the Focus that it would replace :)